Why was the range of precision strike nerfed?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zeonis.1962

Zeonis.1962

Thats it lol, thats my question.

in Revenant

Posted by: Frank.3791

Frank.3791

Dont know exactly, most likely because there are some ppl that complain rev is op lol. Honestly it really isnt that bad of a nerf.

In other words my guess is anet is just answering the ppl that are complaining.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Dont know exactly, most likely because there are some ppl that complain rev is op lol. Honestly it really isnt that bad of a nerf.

In other words my guess is anet is just answering the ppl that are complaining.

Its Anet making a op skill and then nerfing it into trash state. Sword was fine the way it was before when our main damage was coming from autoatk, precision strike was utility and UA as burst (i guess dmg bug was back in s1 but no1 noticed). Right now we have not so strong autoatk, useless outside of 1v1 precision strike and UA. Bravo Anet.

And guess what? They most likely will keep sword this way.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Honestly I feel like sword #2 should have a range of somewhere between 150-300. Revenant should be about being up close and personal.

Revenant has too many skills that force dodges

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Honestly I feel like sword #2 should have a range of somewhere between 150-300. Revenant should be about being up close and personal.

Then make it a melee leap or smth. I think given it new range it actually should become a melee skill in my opinion.

in Revenant

mrauls.6519

Then make it a melee leap or smth. I think given it new range it actually should become a melee skill in my opinion.

Wouldn’t you want something different since you can teleport with Shiro? I mean, a leap would be nice, but power revenant doesn’t have a field to lay down to make the most of the leap.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Wouldn’t you want something different since you can teleport with Shiro? I mean, a leap would be nice, but power revenant doesn’t have a field to lay down to make the most of the leap.

Anything that inst based on broken projectiles.

in Revenant

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Am I the only one who think decreasing the range of precision strike is a buff?

We all know that PS is only strong against a single target. Shorter the range, more likely all 3 hit will be on one target, I think that’s what Anet is going for.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

We all know that PS is only strong against a single target. Shorter the range, more likely all 3 hit will be on one target, I think that’s what Anet is going for.

Then make it.. i dont know.. single target? Plz? Whats the point of sword being the only weapon in game that loses damage vs your target as mroe foes show up? To be unique or smth? An mes/mm necro can laugh in your face as you have no damage vs them, all you can hope for is aa. I kitten on a joke weapon like that.

in Revenant

bigmonto.4215

Then make it.. i dont know.. single target? Plz? Whats the point of sword being the only weapon in game that loses damage vs your target as mroe foes show up? To be unique or smth? An mes/mm necro can laugh in your face as you have no damage vs them, all you can hope for is aa. I kitten on a joke weapon like that.

Yes, to be unique, different build, different class, different play style. Sword 3 is the same way. The whole play style of rev sword is to single out a target and apply huge damage to him/her. Where have you been man.

Has it ever occur to you that a ranged 5k+ damage every 5 sec is OP, if it gets apply to a single target every single time? Let’s compare to warrior’s sword 3, its 15 sec cooldown and requires the enemy to be under 50% health, that does slightly more dam? The only reason why Anet have not nerf PS much is because they want it to be situational, as it would be weak against multiple opponents and classes with adds.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Yes, to be unique, different build, different class, different play style. Sword 3 is the same way. The whole play style of rev sword is to single out a target and apply huge damage to him/her. Where have you been man.

Has it ever occur to you that a ranged 5k+ damage every 5 sec is OP, if it gets apply to a single target every single time? Let’s compare to warrior’s sword 3, its 15 sec cooldown and requires the enemy to be under 50% health, that does slightly more dam? The only reason why Anet have not nerf PS much is because they want it to be situational, as it would be weak against multiple opponents and classes with adds.

Then lower it damage a bit and make it a functional skill? Like in my suggestion for example? Or at least turn off targeting vs al/minions? Im not kittened to attack a clone over real mes, why my toon is? I know i wont touch sword with a stick once new power wep get released unless it will be in even worse state than sword.

in Revenant

bigmonto.4215

That I have to disagree. Right now PS takes skill to use. Yes vs Mes, Necro, or ranger is hard. But with the reduced range it’s possible to separate them (staff 5, or sword 5) from the adds to apply PS. I don’t want PS to be a no brainer button smasher.

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

That I have to disagree. Right now PS takes skill to use. Yes vs Mes, Necro, or ranger is hard. But with the reduced range it’s possible to separate them (staff 5, or sword 5) from the adds to apply PS. I don’t want PS to be a no brainer button smasher.

I’ve been a long hiatus and will continue to not play GW2 for a long while, but I’m just coming here to say:

There is no skill in something you have such little control over. It’s not just “hard”, it’s literally impossible to separate targets sometimes. Sword 5 is unreliable and using it with Shiro’s Teleport just means you’re going to be out of energy quick. Staff 5 will only go so far (and also forcing Staff just to make your MH Sword skills usable in groups? Terrible design).

Sword CANNOT single-out targets. It just hopes there’s a single target and then can do good damage (in pvp). Notice, I’m not just talking about pets, clones, or minions, but also other players. You have very little control over this in a real fight, especially when you only have a rough estimate of its range.
By the way, does it still target random objects in the world? If so, that’s just one more thing that will randomly screw you over.

in Revenant

bigmonto.4215

I’ve been a long hiatus and will continue to not play GW2 for a long while, but I’m just coming here to say:

There is no skill in something you have such little control over. It’s not just “hard”, it’s literally impossible to separate targets sometimes. Sword 5 is unreliable and using it with Shiro’s Teleport just means you’re going to be out of energy quick. Staff 5 will only go so far (and also forcing Staff just to make your MH Sword skills usable in groups? Terrible design).

Sword CANNOT single-out targets. It just hopes there’s a single target and then can do good damage (in pvp). Notice, I’m not just talking about pets, clones, or minions, but also other players. You have very little control over this in a real fight, especially when you only have a rough estimate of its range.
By the way, does it still target random objects in the world? If so, that’s just one more thing that will randomly screw you over.

Dude you want everything !? Yes separating the targets is hard, but at a reduced range, it’s easier. Hence it is a buff in my book. But seriously even if you failed at separating the targets, what do you lose? You get at least 1 hit, skill going into a wapping 5 sec cooldown. That’s the end of the world for you? If you don’t even bother playing the game, stop complaining.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Dude you want everything !? Yes separating the targets is hard, but at a reduced range, it’s easier. Hence it is a buff in my book. But seriously even if you failed at separating the targets, what do you lose? You get at least 1 hit, skill going into a wapping 5 sec cooldown. That’s the end of the world for you? If you don’t even bother playing the game, stop complaining.

1 strike that does less than autoatk and cost energy hmm.. No ty. If we are supposed to go with this “separate target” theme then we should get a long range 900+ pull on 5cd to actually do it. Theres nothing rev can do to separate targets, its just impossible.

in Revenant

bigmonto.4215

Have you even try to find out what a 450 range is like? Maybe 2 character length. Even if you don’t do anything to separate the targets, very often your opponent will be separated from their adds with this range. Plus it’s a ranged skill that cost 5 energy which is also a Whirl and a chill. What is wrong with you guys.

I give up. If you guys think it’s bad don’t use it, heck don’t play this class. I for one think it’s great. And nerfing it’s damage is a bad idea.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

No, I see that too bigmonto. I’m hitting harder on single targets too.

And no thanks to making it a leap, we have more than enough combat movement skills. If they had an additional, I’d fear it would warrant further nerfing elsewhere.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Rev has no mobility outside of Shiro.

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I’d suggest you take another look then.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Oh interesing. How are you going to close the gap without Shiro?

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Profession#Revenant

Not going to do the work for you m8. Look it up yourself.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Yep, 0 arguments.

in Revenant

Posted by: distantvoices.2047

distantvoices.2047

Yep, 0 arguments.

I’d downvote you had I the possibility. Seldom I have read such callous, inconsiderate utterings such as you produce, Mr. Burtnik. Fellers like you are what drive the Developers into Nerfing a good class, not the but so evil PVP People. Whiners and “want it all”-guys do that. Thank you but so very much. Besides I’d rather you removed that “document” of yours and gave it a rest lest the Dev’s get some unwholesome Ideas about how to nerf us Revenants more.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Yep, 0 arguments.

I’d downvote you had I the possibility. Seldom I have read such callous, inconsiderate utterings such as you produce, Mr. Burtnik. Fellers like you are what drive the Developers into Nerfing a good class, not the but so evil PVP People. Whiners and “want it all”-guys do that. Thank you but so very much. Besides I’d rather you removed that “document” of yours and gave it a rest lest the Dev’s get some unwholesome Ideas about how to nerf us Revenants more.

The list is:
1. Axe 4
2. Staff 5
3. Unyielding Anguish

Not exactly the best repertoire for PvP.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

mrauls.6519

Yep, 0 arguments.

and here I was thinking I was crazy…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Yep, 0 arguments.

The list is:
1. Axe 4
2. Staff 5
3. Unyielding Anguish

Not exactly the best repertoire for PvP.

The list is;

Axe 4 – needs to be in 900 range and can be dodged
Staff 5 – slow 600 range gapcloser on 20cd
Anguish – getting Mallyx in current meta is a suicide, it range and energy cost doesnt help either.

All in all, anyone can and will kite a rev without Shiro. You need him or everyone will get away otherwise. I remember the days when i was roaming with guard… never again.

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

Did I say I wanted everything? No, of course not. I don’t think having a reliable skill is “wanting everything”.
What do you lose when you don’t separate targets? A BIG potential damage spike. We’re talking 2k – 4k damage here depending on your build. That can mean the difference between winning a team fight or getting overrun.

Second, I didn’t say it ruined the class or anything remotely close to “the end of the world”. It’s just a very big design flaw.

Third, even if I’m not currently playing, I think I’m allowed to complain about things like this that can severely affect a fight and can be out of a player’s control.
Yes, you can influence it, but there will be times where you just have to accept the loss of damage and these skills don’t do any kind of “singling out”. Again, they just hope the targets are already alone.

Lets take Thief, for example. Ignoring it’s current state in PvP or PvE or anything; I’m just talking purely about design: if a Thief wants to spike down a target at all costs, does he have to separate the Ranger’s pet (or other players or random objects) and make sure it’s exactly 45*1* units away from other targets before bursting him down? No, of course not, he just jumps in, backstabs, vault jumps or whatever he needs to do and gets out.

Is the 450 range a buff? Depends how you look at it.
Technically it just makes a “ranged” skill much worse, but it technically makes it easier to land on a single person.

In the grand scheme of things, both Precision Strike and Unrelenting Assault are very poorly designed for their “intended” roles. They’re borderline RNG skills as you’re not always certain what might become a target (or if the latter is going to break on terrain or not) or they might just blow someone up.

I’d prefer a much more reliable and controlled skill that doesn’t vary so much and I really don’t see how that’s a lot to ask of the Devs.

(edited by Malchior.5732)

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

I don’t think it’s a nerf per se. The lower range makes it more reliable to hit your one target. I remember previously on Gorseval, the skill would randomly hit spirits and walls behind me, but ever since the patch, it goes to Gorseval every time. Think of it as getting less space to make error.

in Revenant

bigmonto.4215

Did I say I wanted everything? No, of course not. I don’t think having a reliable skill is “wanting everything”.
What do you lose when you don’t separate targets? A BIG potential damage spike. We’re talking 2k – 4k damage here depending on your build. That can mean the difference between winning a team fight or getting overrun.

Second, I didn’t say it ruined the class or anything remotely close to “the end of the world”. It’s just a very big design flaw.

Third, even if I’m not currently playing, I think I’m allowed to complain about things like this that can severely affect a fight and can be out of a player’s control.
Yes, you can influence it, but there will be times where you just have to accept the loss of damage and these skills don’t do any kind of “singling out”. Again, they just hope the targets are already alone.

Lets take Thief, for example. Ignoring it’s current state in PvP or PvE or anything; I’m just talking purely about design: if a Thief wants to spike down a target at all costs, does he have to separate the Ranger’s pet (or other players or random objects) and make sure it’s exactly 45*1* units away from other targets before bursting him down? No, of course not, he just jumps in, backstabs, vault jumps or whatever he needs to do and gets out.

Technically it just makes a “ranged” skill much worse, but it technically makes it easier to land on a single person.

In the grand scheme of things, both Precision Strike and Unrelenting Assault are very poorly designed for their “intended” roles. They’re borderline RNG skills as you’re not always certain what might become a target (or if the latter is going to break on terrain or not) or they might just blow someone up.

I’d prefer a much more reliable and controlled skill that doesn’t vary so much and I really don’t see how that’s a lot to ask of the Devs.

Once again if you play the game you will know that at 450 range, you don’t have to specifically push out an opponent in order to land all hits. Just the fact that people moving around in battle, they will often be separated by their adds or teammates by 450 range. This means you actually have to have spatial awareness when to use sword 2, alternatively you can create that distance by using your own skills like sword 5 or staff 5. Just like Thief need to be behind their opponent to gain maximum effectiveness. IMO, this encourages skilled play, and not just press a button whenever it’s off of cooldown.

At 600 range, this is almost impossible single out a target. So a huge buff in my book. As a Rev I am not going to engage in a ranged battle with a sword. So decrease range is no issue for me.

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

Once again if you play the game you will know that at 450 range, you don’t have to specifically push out an opponent in order to land all hits. Just the fact that people moving around in battle, they will often be separated by their adds or teammates by 450 range. This means you actually have to have spatial awareness when to use sword 2, alternatively you can create that distance by using your own skills like sword 5 or staff 5. Just like Thief need to be behind their opponent to gain maximum effectiveness. IMO, this encourages skilled play, and not just press a button whenever it’s off of cooldown.

At 600 range, this is almost impossible single out a target. So a huge buff in my book. As a Rev I am not going to engage in a ranged battle with a sword. So decrease range is no issue for me.

I don’t see how this makes my criticism any less valid.

in Revenant

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

cus anet cant balance properly

in Revenant

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

I don’t know what you are talking about. :P This skill always had infinite range as it has now.
Afaik, if a rev sends the projectiles out, and a mesmer portals away to 5000 range(or any range) they still follow the mesmer and eventually hit him. I wonder if these projectiles can wander around a whole wvw map chasing someone going through a chain of portals. Someone should do a video about it. Anyone?