Will revenant healer be in wvwvw meta?

in Revenant

Posted by: Booxos.8715

Booxos.8715

As an Old kitten support i’d like to know what more experienced players think about revenant’s support. It may be a great healer but will it find his place in wvwvw meta? Tbh i hope that it will be my main as a healer.

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Yes. Ventari as healer? Mos definitely imo.

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

I doubt it. The main healing capabilities of the Rev come from Ventari and its tablet. Depending on how large and involved your fights get you may find yourself being spread thin trying to keep up with everyone’s health.

in Revenant

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

I doubt it. The main healing capabilities of the Rev come from Ventari and its tablet. Depending on how large and involved your fights get you may find yourself being spread thin trying to keep up with everyone’s health.

dat projectile destruction field tho’

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

With the annonced changes to Ventari, it can definetely become very useful in every game type.

It’s currently in my top 3 legends.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

No. WvW revolves around 2 core concepts: Mobility and AOE.

Mobility, beyond simple things like Swiftness, also includes how mobile you are capable of being. That includes concepts like stun breaks as well as Stability to prevent a loss of mobility. Front line characters typically require the largest amount of mobility and generally require leaps and the like to keep mobile where as back line characters have a little bit more time to position themselves properly. Ventari has virtually no mobility to it as a line nor does it facilitate mobility as a legend. In fact due to the micro management of the Tablet, some of your mobility will likely be lost while micro managing as you may need your effects at X but have to travel the tablet from Y. Compare this to a straight Elementalist camping Water who can simply place the fields as desired. The worst is a lack of stun break/stability which means in order to get these effects you are forced out of Ventari which immediately ceases all benefits from being in Ventari for 10 seconds. Many times during trying Ventari in WvW I’d simply get caught in CC and ran over because of this.

AOE is a different concept in WvW. For one you’re almost always dealing with over target cap. For two the amount of offensive AOE will always outpace the amount of defensive healing. This creates a sort of “engage → refresh” style of play where people engage, then group up to refresh after and heal up using water fields, blasts, and heals. Look at Natural Harmony, pretty great healing right? Except lets say even if you stacked maximum healing and you get it up to a 4k heal that’s nothing. My Elementalist’s Lava Font on a nothing cool down will tick that much damage. Let alone Necromancer Wells and all the other various sources of stacked AOE damage in WvW. This leads back to Mobility being the only real viable way to deal with this kind of burst, namely being able to avoid it entirely by getting out of the AOE.

Does this mean you can’t find any use for it? No. You can probably find some scenario where some part shined but on a whole it will be lackluster and definitely not meta. I’m sure someone, somewhere will go on about projectile block in a choke but it’ll be a far cry from meta. More realistically it was introduced to help raid healing, such as healing 1 tanky character who has to sit in an area and tank something.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

No. WvW revolves around 2 core concepts: Mobility and AOE.

Mobility, beyond simple things like Swiftness, also includes how mobile you are capable of being. That includes concepts like stun breaks as well as Stability to prevent a loss of mobility. Front line characters typically require the largest amount of mobility and generally require leaps and the like to keep mobile where as back line characters have a little bit more time to position themselves properly. Ventari has virtually no mobility to it as a line nor does it facilitate mobility as a legend. In fact due to the micro management of the Tablet, some of your mobility will likely be lost while micro managing as you may need your effects at X but have to travel the tablet from Y. Compare this to a straight Elementalist camping Water who can simply place the fields as desired. The worst is a lack of stun break/stability which means in order to get these effects you are forced out of Ventari which immediately ceases all benefits from being in Ventari for 10 seconds. Many times during trying Ventari in WvW I’d simply get caught in CC and ran over because of this.

AOE is a different concept in WvW. For one you’re almost always dealing with over target cap. For two the amount of offensive AOE will always outpace the amount of defensive healing. This creates a sort of “engage -> refresh” style of play where people engage, then group up to refresh after and heal up using water fields, blasts, and heals. Look at Natural Harmony, pretty great healing right? Except lets say even if you stacked maximum healing and you get it up to a 4k heal that’s nothing. My Elementalist’s Lava Font on a nothing cool down will tick that much damage. Let alone Necromancer Wells and all the other various sources of stacked AOE damage in WvW. This leads back to Mobility being the only real viable way to deal with this kind of burst, namely being able to avoid it entirely by getting out of the AOE.

Does this mean you can’t find any use for it? No. You can probably find some scenario where some part shined but on a whole it will be lackluster and definitely not meta. I’m sure someone, somewhere will go on about projectile block in a choke but it’ll be a far cry from meta. More realistically it was introduced to help raid healing, such as healing 1 tanky character who has to sit in an area and tank something.

^Pretty much this

In PvE it’s a lot easier to manage since the game play is more predictable, and there are fewer targets to worry about.

Even in PvP it would be easier since the fights are on a smaller scale (not that I’m saying it’s great to use in PvP, but it would be easier to use than WvW)

The Ventari projectile bubble runs into the same issue. There’s just too much area to cover in WvW, and trying to micromanage the tablet will just sap you of your energy.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I would be downright shocked if Revenant didn’t find its way into the WvW meta with a combination of huge boon upkeep from Glint and massive support from Ventari/Jalis. I don’t think its role will be to camp Ventari and heal everyone, but it is going to be devastatingly strong as an asset to effectively structured guild and pub groups.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

Oh I think Revenant is great for WvW. If I didn’t I wouldn’t be making one as a primary WvW player. I think there’s a difference however between “Revenant in WvW” and “Revenant Healer be in WvW Meta.”

As I showed in my videos and review of BWE2 a strong Herald/Retri/Invo with Glint/Jalis is super strong for WvW front line support and does fairly decently in back line as well. In my experiences you usually want a legend with a real heal (IE: Jalis or Malyx) and combine it with a lighter heal (Shiro, Glint, Ventari) as it’s more reliable survivability. In fact BWE1 I had a lot of success for personal DPS with Shiro/Jalis being able to crank out some massive numbers on Deva/Invo/Retri with crazy high Crit damage and they increased it since then. I also had a lot of success with Malyx/Shiro but the CC aspect of that no longer exists (Displacement) so that’s a less appealing combination now.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Booxos.8715

Booxos.8715

Kodiak, would You be so kind and give me a link to that?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Well, old Ventari? Probably. New Ventari? I don’t know. With insta cast on many abilities the mobility is way better now.

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

Kodiak, would You be so kind and give me a link to that?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/WvW-Herald-Front-Line-Feedback/first#post5473418

Has both vids.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAWin3gWNSuQrJRboBlsP0fS4I6QJ4EdrklZlh9lb2RNgEewO6r/G-T1CEABLqSQUKpcSZQcPAgEV3pLlgSpUpNdBAcEAe4SAEz+DkBgZMA-w

That’s the final build I’ll be using with BWE3. Few changes from the original. For one I’m using Hammer/Staff because the Mace/OH combo just wasn’t very good for WvW combos and left you impotent in range situations. Shield was exceptionally useless. The Hammer also works better on front line in ranged scenarios because of projectile absorb as well as the ability to pop Necro marks with Phase Smash with no negative effects (since it’s an evade). CORuin acts like a shotgun blast as well.

Has great team support with Glint. The combos I figured out by the end of testing BWE2 were Nature/Light/Elements when running. Upon ready for engagement I drop Elements, charge Darkness. At engagement I use One with Nature (all boons) reducing me down to -3 upkeep which is manageable for combat. This only after Stability however as one of the biggest advantages we bring is that +50% boon duration to Guardian Stability. Use Burst of Strength and Chaos Release when in melee range of enemy for additional damage (double tap). PvDoor use Strength for might stacks.

Jalis adds a lot of toughness. In addition to a really strong heal, -50% damage taken for your party is big in addition to being a stun breaker on a reasonable cast time now. With Enhanced Bulwark Inspiring Reinforcements is once again usable as a multi-function tool providing damage, stability and weakness. You can see in at least once scenario I even flip on Vengeful Hammers for the -20% damage taken.

Pretty easy to swap to the DPS version. Basically just swap out Herald -> Devastation, Glint -> Shiro. Knight Jewelry -> Berserker Jewelry. Boom, done. Or keep Herald/Glint and just play back a bit with more DPS jewelry in. Works great.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Zoke.2147

Zoke.2147

NO. Simply speaking no it will not.

Not as a healer. A- a full cleric water ele puts out more utility HEALING, with just auto attacks and passive heals…. Period you can’t argue this it’s just how it is, unless the scalings or base numbers of Ventari get upped more.

Two. Ventari stance is clunky useless as hell. The tablet is a terrible mechanic that’s almost impossible to hit people with in actual combat. The tablet needs to simply teleport to the new location and heal 5 people around it. Far less flavorful I know. Either that or the thing needs a movement speed buff, or a trait to make it move faster… IDK maybe “Read the Tablet” – Fablet moves 100 pct faster and heals for 20 pct more" something like that to make it actually useable.

Outside of that the utility the revanant can put out with Herald/Ventari is really good.

in Revenant

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Tried it cus I really wanted this to work. It is possible yes. But it requires so much micro management and you yourself are very very vulnerable while in ventari legend that you really have to play a pure backline support tossing hammers and moving your tablet around to help your zerg. I found it to be beyond boring.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Nerf healing from blasting water field with no healing power by 60%, greatly increase it’s scalling with Healing Power, then we might see healers in WvW and PvE.

Otherwise, maybe for Regeneration in case of Revenant.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

No because the tablet is too clunky. If #6 was about 1.5 times faster at moving and the heal skill would be reduced to 1 second cooldown or 5 energy it would’ve been so much better.

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

NO. Simply speaking no it will not.

Not as a healer. A- a full cleric water ele puts out more utility HEALING

He does not. Unless you mean to tell me you pump out 6k+ heals every 2 sec or so along with 800-900 regeneration ? IT’s also all on demand.

As for the tablet itself, yeah it could use a 100% movement increase or move by the means of teleporting and healing those around the place it teleported to.