WvW builds, looking for feedback!

in Revenant

Posted by: Relidar.1062

Relidar.1062

So I’ve found and tweaked 3 different builds for WvW solo/smallman and guild blob roaming. They’re supposed to work for all three situations with minimal tweaks.

Not gonna go into detail about each build, i think they explain themselves. Would love to hear what you guys think and which one you believe would be the most efficient!

1. http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAS8unvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8EllNFSNG14HtB4APwegH8hA-ThCFABMcBAa4BA0kyCAOIAXpEEJlaaq+Ta6GW4IA0y+DkCgJpWA-e

2. http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmn3gWNSuQrJRboBlsP0fS4I6QJ4EdrklZlhNmb+RNgCewe6s/G-T1SBABfcEAoRHwOq/E0+DfP/BZlfgcIAkQJ4CXAAZ0EAwDAgMAMTA-w

3. http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAS8un3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFNFSdG34HtDIARwugJMiA-T1RQABboEbXdAco8gXNDNr+DA7PoiSQSB03UL-w (Credit to GWand on youtube)

Feel free to post your builds as well!

in Revenant

Relidar.1062

No one wanna share their thoughts on this? :’(

in Revenant

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Maybe you should explain. Not sure where you were going with either of the builds.

- all of them are power, none condition
- all of them have +healing power. Now I’m not that big on coefficients, but with 1 legend being Glint, i can’t imagine that being of to much use. Maybe I’m wrong.

If your goal is small scale wvw, you are lacking burst in one of your builds (the Knight+Nomad).

If you are simply testing what people say about gear and stat choice, not sure you’ll get much reliable input. Everyone is trying out everything at the moment.

in Revenant

Relidar.1062

Cheers for the response, Cyninja. I suppose it wouldn’t hurt sharing my thoughts on the builds and what my goal is. And i think you’re right, people are probably still in the testing stages. Still don’t mind what people think, even if it is early!

My goal is to endure fights and be able to get in and out of fights on demand. I want to be able to stay alive any situation. Which means i don’t care that much about burst.

I want mobility, speed and survivability.

I’m questioning how good Healing Power is, and how much is sufficient. So which setup would be better, marauder with weapons/trinkets that have a little Healing Power on them, or zealots.

in Revenant

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Healing power scales badly, one of the worst stats in the game. If you want to be durable, spec for armor!
And my mindset: offense is the best defense ;-)

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

You should focus on getting in, doing a ton of damage, swapping to staff, and getting out. I’m a Condi Rev, so I can’t comment on Power Builds, but the premise is the same.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Cheers for the response, Cyninja. I suppose it wouldn’t hurt sharing my thoughts on the builds and what my goal is. And i think you’re right, people are probably still in the testing stages. Still don’t mind what people think, even if it is early!

My goal is to endure fights and be able to get in and out of fights on demand. I want to be able to stay alive any situation. Which means i don’t care that much about burst.

I want mobility, speed and survivability.

I’m questioning how good Healing Power is, and how much is sufficient. So which setup would be better, marauder with weapons/trinkets that have a little Healing Power on them, or zealots.

In the past you’d go toughness and vitality for survivability. This goes double I think for revenant since our heals are weaker due to the fact we get 2.

Maybe take a look at condi builds. Revenant is not that strong condi wise, but can pull his weight. Might work better for wvw.

Also expect (hopefully) big balance patches in the next weeks as arenanet rebalances classes. Things might change then.

in Revenant

Relidar.1062

In the past you’d go toughness and vitality for survivability. This goes double I think for revenant since our heals are weaker due to the fact we get 2.

Maybe take a look at condi builds. Revenant is not that strong condi wise, but can pull his weight. Might work better for wvw.

Also expect (hopefully) big balance patches in the next weeks as arenanet rebalances classes. Things might change then.

Perhaps i should just run a berserker setup until we see some changes then. Seems to be the only safe bet right now.

in Revenant

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

Perhaps i should just run a berserker setup until we see some changes then. Seems to be the only safe bet right now.

There are also new stat combo with four stats (quadruple) which might be of interest for what you want to build.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item_nomenclature
(Look/search on the bottom of page for Quadruple attribute.)

You, OP, seem to have picked everything as ascended for weapon, armour and trinkets in GW2 build editor. You will get more realistic numbers by selecting “exotic” when you create your own build in that editor.

Even as a Power Build you would gain more from considering which kind of food/tool you use as sometime you would want to actually have more duration on condition (which might help with power damage as it could reduce movement; i.g. confusion, torment and chill).

In general you want to get rid of condi as fast as possible, but at the same time you need to keep an eye for hard crowd controls like stuns, daze etc.

It is always a trade off between how fast you might kill your opponents with might, power (inkl stacking sigils) and conditions to supplement your kill and still not be killed by large incoming AoE which keep your in those circles with daze/stuns.

Go “cheap” and invest in several exotic gear instead of only one very expensive (to craft) ascended, that way you will have more flexibility to actually change play style as needed for solo or zerging in WvW.

Stats relevant for WvW:
Power, toughness (more time to react for direct damage), condition damage, vitality (for more time to react against CD), Ferocity (critical damage), concentration (boon duration) and expertise (condi duration) would be the main stats I would look into.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

Rev has good evasion and general weakness to conditions so investing in some vitality is a good idea for WvW IMO.

Looking at builds taking herald and retribution seems like a good starting point to me as well.

in Revenant

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I run Knights w/ Traveler Runes. Zerk on everything else. Spec’d for Devastation, Corruption & Invocation.

Herald? Why?…bah..

Mace & Axe with Torment & Flame sigils / Greathammer w/ flame & air sigils

Switching between Legendary Demon & Assassin…..use the dwarf once in a while. But not nearly as much now as I did earlier.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in Revenant

Posted by: CSWAN.8967

CSWAN.8967

I agree with Raf. I use Soldiers with Traveler runes, and zerker everything else and it works great. I also use sword / axe for more defensive evades instead of mace / axe if the situation demands.

in Revenant

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

I disagree with the +Healing Power comments. I am running Zealots (Power/Precisions/Healing). For legends, i use Jalik and Glint. My rune set is messed up atm, but looking for something that has power and healing boosts.

I use this build just for running around the various zones. Not WvWing. I think the +healing works great, however, i’m not a fan of the Ventari trait line anymore, seeing as Glint provides better benefits over Ventari.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rhovanion.8234

Rhovanion.8234

From what I see on the 1st build, lacks HP by a small amount, maybe its just me, but I’m just comfortable having 19k-20k HP constantly, to avoid going down in those one shot burst skills
For the 2nd build containing magi staff+nomad trinkets, I assume this is a healing/support role for zergs? If so, I highly recommend changing it, the healing over time with the traits you added wont really help much if you’re constantly in a zerg fight, eye for an eye wont be useful as well, you’re better off with Dwarven battle training for those moments where you charge in and apply weakness to people around you, not to mention having 1,5k power wont really do much to the enemy.
I did some changes on that build(rushed it and this is what I got) No idea if you’ll like it but here it goes anyway.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmn3gWNSuQrJRboBlsP0fS4I6QJ4EdrklZlhdmc2RNgEawO6s7G-T1SBABkfEA0SpAXK5OTJY1KDi4BA88hA4T1fA4CAIz+D5pLgUA6J0C-w
swapped runes since you wanted to go for healing for regen.
3rd build is good, but you could lower the crit chance a bit to increase your toughness a little more or HP, having 40% crit chance minimum is the cap in my honest opinion since revenant’s have the easiest methods to get access on Fury.
I’d post my latest build but its still in its finishing touches, I’ll likely post it later on when I can.