availability of rev healer?

in Revenant

Posted by: Decaying Seart.6793

Decaying Seart.6793

Hi all~ I’m new to this profession and considering the possibility of a rev healer build. But there’s one huge problem——can rev maintain 100% boon duration and heal at the same time? I don’t know much about the stances switch but presume that I can only heal on the centaur stance and apply boons on the dragon stance…..so does that mean I need to either go full healer or full zerker of boon stripping?
Btw,how does the rev dps build in raid maintain 100% boon duration? I may use it as a reference.
(Currently my blueprint consists of full minstrel for weapons and armors and minstrel+cleric for trinkets… )

Thx for offering advice XD

Decaying………..heart………………

in Revenant

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

No you can’t do that unless you constantly switch which will mess you up since you need to summon and move your tablet around (which disappears if you swap to dragon). Healing on a rev is about positioning and smart use of energy, swapping stances constantly will make that really difficult.

Maybe someone can make it work but for me personally, I tried that and found it to just be annoying since you need to swap almost the milisecond it’s off CD to maintain the boons.

in Revenant

Decaying Seart.6793

ok. Thank you for the suggestion.

Decaying………..heart………………

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

If you mean PvE the answer is yes. You just need the correct food, it’s not usually needed though since you can perma upkeep most boons while healing.
Swap legends on cooldown, heal while in Ventari by using Ventaris will and NH. While in glint keep up facet of nature and whatever boons you need to heal use sword 4 and staff 4.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Gellrock.4073

Gellrock.4073

I run a full Cleric Rev with Centaur/Drangon stance along with staff and hammer in WvW. I have monk runes for more healing outgoing and boon duration plus boon food or healing food depending on what I’m doing. What I do is run hammer most of the time while in dragon stance. I throw on my heal facet, swiftness facet, and fury facet at all times. While running to battles or with the commander I also use my boon duration facet until my energy drains to 10% then I switch it off or just before an engage.

While running I can usually get my party to about 40- seconds of full clerics regen with outgoing healing buffs ( apprx 700 regen a second), around 1 minute of swiftness and 20 seconds of fury. If my party encounters little boon strips from the enemy zerg I’ve just gave them major advantages in the fight ahead. I’ve calculated my healing using a third party program and for about every 1 minute of combat I heal my party for 100k health just from regen.

During the Fight if it drags on or we are in the middle of a strong push or a strong retreat I switch to centaur and have my tablet pass through as many people in the zerg. When the tablet passes through anyone they are healed for about 2.5k each followed by 4-5k when using the first utility. The shield is also great for choke points and the condi clear utility can be useful as it does heal as well. You can also spec into traits so instead of getting 25% more outgoing healing if you are above 75% health your tablet can pulse regen as well allowing for even more healing while in this stance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

It’s not great. It’s fun, but the energy upkeep is insane on Ventari. Facet of Nature hurts that, it’s not impossible but it’s not better than a druid or a tempest at the end of the day. The DPS build sustains it by not using skills outside precision strike and other upkeeps. It’s realllly boring to play.

Gellrock probably has the most supportive argument in favour.

It will probably get a buff in a future patch so if you’re optimistic that it will happen join us!

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Posted by: Thon.3780

Thon.3780

I guess if you need to you some dps for main support – use Magi armor,
for more dps- zealot armor. if not go cleric glint jaris ventari .
both will give you crit 49.76 w/o fury.
With Invocation 40 % for stable dps. and health gain
With Corruption (maniacal persistance) got around 79.76 %minimum crit per sec
some debuff trait

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

I guess if you need to you some dps for main support – use Magi armor,
for more dps- zealot armor. if not go cleric glint jaris ventari .
both will give you crit 49.76 w/o fury.
With Invocation 40 % for stable dps. and health gain
With Corruption (maniacal persistance) got around 79.76 %minimum crit per sec
some debuff trait

Don’t follow this advice.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Decaying Seart.6793

Thx for offering opinions. I’m still very interested in building such a “non-mainstream” healer. So….any more ideas about the status choice? Is concentration necessary for sustaining boons?(since Gallrock is running full cleric)
Thx again~

Decaying………..heart………………

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Thx for offering opinions. I’m still very interested in building such a “non-mainstream” healer. So….any more ideas about the status choice? Is concentration necessary for sustaining boons?(since Gallrock is running full cleric)
Thx again~

No you really don’t need concentration. All boon duration that you’d want comes from food , runes and the herald trait line.

Magis is taken mostly on druid so that your toughness doesn’t mess up aggro on bosses where it matters. In our case you’ll mess up aggro anyways because of hardened foundations, so you might as well tank too (clerics also gives a 20% higher damage).
On invocation vs devastation devastation increases your personal DPS more and it also gives you assassins presence. Invocation can be taken if you already have assassins presence and haven’t capped might (shared empowerment, sigil of strength and rolling mists).
Zealots is really “meh” your damage won’t really be high and your healing will take a massive hit, it’s also expensive.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Thx again~

No you really don’t need concentration. All boon duration that you’d want comes from food , runes and the herald trait line.

Magis is taken mostly on druid so that your toughness doesn’t mess up aggro on bosses where it matters. In our case you’ll mess up aggro anyways because of hardened foundations, so you might as well tank too (clerics also gives a 20% higher damage).
On invocation vs devastation devastation increases your personal DPS more and it also gives you assassins presence. Invocation can be taken if you already have assassins presence and haven’t capped might (shared empowerment, sigil of strength and rolling mists).
Zealots is really “meh” your damage won’t really be high and your healing will take a massive hit, it’s also expensive.

Question, wouldn’t it be a good idea to take shrouded mists from invocation for more healing towards allies?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Thx again~

Question, wouldn’t it be a good idea to take shrouded mists from invocation for more healing towards allies?

The condition for it is bad so in most cases no. To maximize healing output and boon upkeep you’ll want to swap on cooldown so you’ll rarely be above 50% energy. That is unless you don’t need to heal in the first place.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

Decaying Seart.6793

concentration may be still needed since I will be using the rune of monk. Facet 50%monk rune 15% food 20%=85%. (checked wiki and it said boon utility was account bound….and the ingredients are too expensive )

Decaying………..heart………………

in Revenant

Decaying Seart.6793

and I will be using it in WvW/PvP instead of raid btw.

Decaying………..heart………………

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

PvE WvW and PvP are three different worlds. Varezenem gave you answers for PvE, but PvP variant would be entirely different. I don’t know about WvW.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Decaying Seart.6793

oh. I just checked the herald trait line again and found a boon increasing trait—-envoy of sustenance, which protracts the duration by 15%. So does that mean concentration isn’t needed even i’m using monk’s rune? (Facet 50%trait 15%food 20%+monk rune 15%=100%)

Decaying………..heart………………

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

oh. I just checked the herald trait line again and found a boon increasing trait—-envoy of sustenance, which protracts the duration by 15%. So does that mean concentration isn’t needed even i’m using monk’s rune? (Facet 50%trait 15%food 20%+monk rune 15%=100%)

Yes. Any extra boon duration you would want to take is for when facet of nature isn’t up. Another way of increasing boon duration (without giving up healing and DPS) is taking sigil of concentration. It works because you’ll be legend swapping frequently anyways.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

PvE WvW and PvP are three different worlds. Varezenem gave you answers for PvE, but PvP variant would be entirely different. I don’t know about WvW.

Yes I said that right at the beginning PvP you won’t ever be able to get this working. I’m also not aware of any source for “concentration” in PvP only straight up boon duration.

AFAIK ministrel is fairly popular in WvW because it’s tanky. The extra boon duration is also more useful even if you give up some healing and all your damage.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Thx again~

The condition for it is bad so in most cases no. To maximize healing output and boon upkeep you’ll want to swap on cooldown so you’ll rarely be above 50% energy. That is unless you don’t need to heal in the first place.

Something I’ve been wondering, you might know. To get the shrouded mists outgoing healing benefit do you need to be above 50 energy after you spend the energy on the skill that heals or is before you use it enough?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Thx again~

Something I’ve been wondering, you might know. To get the shrouded mists outgoing healing benefit do you need to be above 50 energy after you spend the energy on the skill that heals or is before you use it enough?

Not sure about it but iirc you just need to be above 50% before.
IMO this trait needs some serious rework. Something like outgoing healing while under 50% and outgoing damage (possibly AoE) while above it this would synergize way better with the currently available builds.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Thx again~

Not sure about it but iirc you just need to be above 50% before.
IMO this trait needs some serious rework. Something like outgoing healing while under 50% and outgoing damage (possibly AoE) while above it this would synergize way better with the currently available builds.

Ah ok thanks. Because yeah, with some of the energy costs on Ventari skills it’d be quite ridiculously confining otherwise.

I’ve wanted to try a wvw Ventari revenant for the longest time now so I’m very interested in this thread. My main problem being not wanting to be tied to Glint as the other legend (why does it have to offer so much!)

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

why does it have to offer so much!

Because it’s the only other legend dedicated to support. And it’s also the kind of support that Ventari lacks, so there is very little you can do about that if your focus is support.
In SPvP there are alternatives depending on circumstances and your emphasis.

BTW for WvW (and SPvP) I’d take Retribution over Invocation, damage reductions and two stacks of stability on dodge help a lot with ressing and stomping. It also helps on running away if you are being zerged.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Thx again~

Shrouding Mists doesn’t work at all at 50 energy, it only works from 49 and 51. Outgoing healing is applied at start of the cast, before you spend energy, so you have to be >51 energy at the time of cast for bonus outgoing healing to apply.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Lalainnia.3598

Thx again~

Shrouding Mists doesn’t work at all at 50 energy, it only works from 49 and 51. Outgoing healing is applied at start of the cast, before you spend energy, so you have to be >51 energy at the time of cast for bonus outgoing healing to apply.

So the +25% per target is that somewhat insanely strong if over the 50% energy threshold?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Thx again~

So the +25% per target is that somewhat insanely strong if over the 50% energy threshold?

No, it’s really not. If you are running all the other outgoing healing traits it will only be a 10%~13% increase to your overall healing while active.
Outgoing healing unlike damage stacks additively.
And unlike everyone else we are full of outgoing healing traits.

The per target has no meaning it’s just a normal 25% outgoing healing bonus while above 50%.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Lalainnia.3598

Thx again~

No, it’s really not. If you are running all the other outgoing healing traits it will only be a 10%~13% increase to your overall healing while active.
Outgoing healing unlike damage stacks additively.
And unlike everyone else we are full of outgoing healing traits.

The per target has no meaning it’s just a normal 25% outgoing healing bonus while above 50%.

Thanks!