bwe3 bug unrelenting assault weapon swap

in Revenant

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

what i noticed during the last bwe was that skills like unrelenting assault cannot be canceled, not by stowing weapon nor by switching weaponset.

this is essential when fighting other players to avoid retal damage or healing an enemy revenant to full

usually skills that move your character cannot be stowed but they can be weaponswap-canceled. as i said, this is not possible for unrelenting assault. currently you just continue your unelenting assault even if you switch weapons in between.

what i suggest is that this skill can be canceled by switching weaponsets during the channel. the whole cast should end then, including the evade frames so that it can’t be abused.

another example of such a skill is crystal hybernation: you can “surprise” enemies by canceling the skill before it ends (i think it’s only weaponswap that cancels it, not stowing) to confuse them when they originally wanted to burst you after the block ended.

any chances on that, roy?

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

CI should do it now since is a common block, never tried that on UA actually, but might be good to have!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Bunnytown.7801

Bunnytown.7801

I think unrelenting assault is designed to be unable to be canceled. After all the skill is called -unrelenting- assault, so why would you relent your attack?

Also, it is already a very powerful skill vs 1 target. The fact that you can’t stop your attack against a knowing/skillful opponent is a downside that you have to weigh vs the rewards. This means players who plan and time their UA will be rewarded more than players who use UA every single time it’s off cooldown.

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

no, it’s unintended behaviour as you can cancel every movement skill in the game by swapping weapons. it is obviously a bug that you can switch to staff mid UA without the skill canceling.

+ it’s good for counterplay

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

I canceled it somehow last beta. Going to try and see the most accurate way to cancel it consistently because it can leave an enemy pretty open to a big hit if they aren’t keeping an eye on you within UA.

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

The real question is can you switch to staff or hammer ect and get 2 new sigils mid cast of sword 3 because at that point you could get air/fire procs with the first set and use a weapon swap of hydro+leech to spike as well.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

that’s an interesting thought. i haven’t actually paid attention to this because i was running energy on my staff so the impact wasn’t that meaningful.

i also have a faint memory of having canceled UA somehow.. i just don’t remember how. maybe it got patched during the bwe or it was simply a bug but i clearly tested it afterwards on a golem and switching weapons didn’t cancel it anymore at that point.

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

roy, any word on this?

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

The real question is can you switch to staff or hammer ect and get 2 new sigils mid cast of sword 3 because at that point you could get air/fire procs with the first set and use a weapon swap of hydro+leech to spike as well.

You can. I tested procing second weapon sigils while in UA. It doesn’t stop the skill so any sigils on the other weapon work if you switch to that weapon mid UA. Its most likely a bug and I really hope it is because then there will be more pointless QQ from random players.

I tested it out with on hit sigils and weapon swap sigils. Both worked. For example Hydro would go off if switched and actually do damage mid UA.

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Lol that means you can pull off some stupid burst in that 1 skill if that’s the case. equilibrium can be fired off mid UA as well as glint’s fury facet.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Revenant

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

During BWE2 I ran hydro on my sword so swapping legends mid-UA would add more burst. Hydro crit for >3k on squishies thanks to all the ferocity bonuses. I ran blood rather than leeching though and felt that worked better for sustained damage. I never thought to swap weapons, but that feels cheesy so I won’t do it, plus it takes you out of sword if you have hammer equipped.

It’s a strong combo but you have to make sure to swap legends when you know your opponent isn’t going to dodge, block, or invuln. I never thought to use Gaze of Darkness for extra burst. I usually saved it for safe stomps.

edit: Does Gaze of Darkness even do damage?

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

that’s not the point, the problem is that it’s a bug that weaponswap doesn’t end an attack. it does on every other skill.

no gaze doesn’t deal damage afaik, but i could be wrong.

in Revenant

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

regarding UA, its a Teleport skill,

and i tested all teleport skill related skills, and you cant weapon swap since its an instant skill. (correct me if i am wrong)

and its coded similar to all teleport skills in game as far as i know

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

teleports are not channeled skills, this one is

in Revenant

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unrelenting_Assault

it might be a channeled skill in disguise

but as i said, it is coded as a teleport skill “shadow stepping”

in Revenant

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

that’s not the point, the problem is that it’s a bug that weaponswap doesn’t end an attack. it does on every other skill.

no gaze doesn’t deal damage afaik, but i could be wrong.

Sorry, it wasn’t my intention to diffuse the point. I was more adding to what the person above me said by pointing out you can still utilize “weapon swap” sigil combos using legend swap. This type of behavior on UA reminds me of stuff like starting Rush on warrior greatsword and swapping weapons. Iirc it used to keep you running but at some point they changed that (for the better I might add because I’ve run off cliffs using that skill before :P). I’m sure it’s just a result of everything on revenant originally not needing to be designed around weapon swap as it was disabled before. I’m sure it’ll get fixed.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

dont be sorry, it’s okay. the purpose of this thread is exactly to tell roy about the bug^^

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

bug still exists, fix please