Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Can somebody sum up what was nerfed?
I am new to recent changes.

can somebody sum up nerf?

in Revenant

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

- Staff 5 got nerfed (50% damage reduction)
- Sword 2 got nerfed (33% damage reduction)

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

wow staff was nerfed pretty hard. last time I played it wasnt all that to begin with. So I assume it must have had a buff between then and this nerf. was that the case?

in Revenant

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

wow staff was nerfed pretty hard. last time I played it wasnt all that to begin with. So I assume it must have had a buff between then and this nerf. was that the case?

Nah, it never got buffed. SotM was really powerful if you landed all hits, shredding a bunker’s health down by 50% was even a possibility. It also had CC and evade, which is why it got nerfed. However, the problem is Revenant might not be powerful enough anymore to make a big impression.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

^ The cooldown of Warding Rift was also rised in PvP from 12 to 15 seconds (was previously nerfed from 10s to 12 half a year after HoT release), so is not exactly true that “they nerfed staff damage due must be a defensive weapon”. And isn’t just about the block, because WR is also the only second source of Herald blinds after Gaze of Darkness.

ANet said that they will be alert about those changes making the meta game “too tanky”, as happened in some seasons (celestial ele meta), but I’m looking every stuff Sindrener ups to His Youtube channel with His Thief and He’s struggling to kill half of the classes even being +1 (some matchups in 1 vs 1 are just impossible).

So, Rev does less damage and is less tanky than before; what prevents next Pro League from being a tank/holder fest? Teams wouldn’t risk to roster Thief + Rev for the kills (would reduce the team sustain).

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Don’t worry, thief will still be king of WvW roaming anyways.

in Revenant

Posted by: EpicSuperFail.9518

EpicSuperFail.9518

Were those nerfs only in Spvp or were they also in WvW? Last I played I felt really good roaming as rev.

What are the good roaming classes now?

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Were those nerfs only in Spvp or were they also in WvW? Last I played I felt really good roaming as rev.

Last nerfs stayed in PvP so Rev is still decent for WvW roaming.

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

If you’re in a group yes. If you’re solo, well good luck with the abundance of thieves and condition roamers

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in Revenant

Posted by: EpicSuperFail.9518

EpicSuperFail.9518

Thanks for the info!

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

If you’re in a group yes. If you’re solo, well good luck with the abundance of thieves and condition roamers

At least with thieves I’m loaded on marauders and cavalier weapons/trinkets so I can pretty much tank them on my way to the castle.

But being loaded on conditions isn’t fun ;(