dungeon rev hate?

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

I dont understand can someone explain why so many people are hating revs in dungeons. They at a tanky support class that with the ventaeri tablet and traits are awesome healers. I thought dungeons would love that aspect of the revs.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Tons of reasons:
- Noone wants support/tank/healer in dungs no matter of class
- Dps is just terrible.
- Its new class – everyone is noob and will be noob for a while. For next 6 months reventant=instakick

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

/sigh
It’s time you realise that pumping out volatile and unpractical 800-1k heals every once in a while isn’t in any way useful while dungeoning and does NOT compensate for awful personal dps, limited access to ccs (in particular soft), clunky blasts, little offensive utility and absolutely no group buffs.

Y’know, tanks and healers aren’t really all the rage anymore.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Everything that revenant can do right now is opposite of useful in dungeons. From what i heard they are good in wvw only.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

The revenant weapon skills are very solo friendly.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: jgcd.6041

jgcd.6041

It’s also still being tuned and players are going to have to play around with things to fin what setups work best in various situations.

Also, the revenants in the beta are level 80, so players don’t have the build up of familiarity they otherwise would on a class they built from level 1, especially since it takes time to master a class, if you ever do. Also, the revenant play style is different enough to throw people off.

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

- The more asinine the post or thread, the more I am amused.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

if healing would be neccesary water ele could be very much in the way of revenant, they provide 1k+ heals every .75 seconds

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Oshelotae.4176

Oshelotae.4176

/sigh
It’s time you realise that pumping out volatile and unpractical 800-1k heals every once in a while isn’t in any way useful while dungeoning and does NOT compensate for awful personal dps, limited access to ccs (in particular soft), clunky blasts, little offensive utility and absolutely no group buffs.

I was able to pump out almost 2k heals every 3-4 seconds as long as i was managing my energy properly.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

/sigh

I was able to pump out almost 2k heals every 3-4 seconds as long as i was managing my energy properly.

Which is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

jgcd.6041

The class is still being tuned and there is work that needs to be done, true. Still, I can see ANet making some adjustments to it to make it better in its various roles. Also, if you’re doing it only with the celestial gear, and not tailoring the gear to the role you want to play, then everything will be sub par.

I did healing with a healing set and saw a major increase in healing output. DPS in a tailored DPS set, good, if not stellar DPS.

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Healing in dungeons is like being a bench warmer. When you get to the end the team won and you can be excited to have been there, but you still didn’t contribute and you wasted everybodies time.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

The class is still being tuned and there is work that needs to be done, true. Still, I can see ANet making some adjustments to it to make it better in its various roles. Also, if you’re doing it only with the celestial gear, and not tailoring the gear to the role you want to play, then everything will be sub par.

I did healing with a healing set and saw a major increase in healing output. DPS in a tailored DPS set, good, if not stellar DPS.

What kind of stats do you consider is DPS gear? I tried assassin gear (can we also change trinkets to fit gear stats?) and it didn’t seem to be that different in what kind of damage I could do.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

jgcd.6041

And yet, I have a feeling that a full zerg party is going to have some serious problems in HoT dungeons.

Not to the point of needing a dedicated healer, but healing skills and abilities are probably going to be more important in them than they currently are.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

What kind of stats do you consider is DPS gear? I tried assassin gear (can we also change trinkets to fit gear stats?) and it didn’t seem to be that different in what kind of damage I could do.

Got 95% critical hitchance with fury in berserk gear. Assasin is a bit of an overkill. Berserker with scholar runes and staff semms a bit like DPS but its not that great. Only staff skill 5 has some serious dmg (but its also a knockback, so be careful while fighting with your group). Hammer skill 2 has some dmg while in range but you wont reach a distance like that in dungeons without beeing out of range for all buffs your group could give you. Maybe great in WvW but didnt try. Maybe i try it today…

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

Dungoens do not love tanky or supporty classes/ builds. The meta (high DPS) exists for a reason: it will always be faster and more effective to run dungeons with a full DPS group, and the Revenant didn’t have access to it’s power DPS legend yet, only condition, tanky, and healer legends. All of which is not even close to desired or really useful in dungeons.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

(edited by Gern.2978)

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I dont understand can someone explain why so many people are hating revs in dungeons. They at a tanky support class that with the ventaeri tablet and traits are awesome healers. I thought dungeons would love that aspect of the revs.

It depends on the groups you’re trying to join. Casual dungeon runners will likely be more friendly (assuming they aren’t kicking you because the Revenant isn’t a finished class yet), but any groups asking for “zerker” or “experienced” players do so with the intention of finishing the dungeon quickly by using strategies that eliminate the need for a dedicated tank and healer.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

….any groups asking for “zerker” or “experienced” players do so with the intention of finishing the dungeon quickly by using strategies that eliminate the need for a dedicated tank and healer.

By dodging. They eliminate the need for a healer by dodging.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

….any groups asking for “zerker” or “experienced” players do so with the intention of finishing the dungeon quickly by using strategies that eliminate the need for a dedicated tank and healer.

By dodging. They eliminate the need for a healer by dodging.

Which is a part of the strategy of stacking and melting. I don’t really need to elaborate beyond “don’t bring a tanky healer to groups that don’t need tanks or healers”, do I?

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

I had Revenants in dungeon runs today, and they didn’t fail to move the boss all over the place, outside of AoE’s or chanelled skills and actually make the fights longer. It was a nightmare

The group would probably do more damage if we didn’t add a 5th to the party instead of taking a kittenty Revenant as 5th.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: makagoto.1204

makagoto.1204

Well after doing a lot of dungeons with warrior and guardian i thought lets try ascalon once with that new heavy class. When we reached Kholer it was over. There was no way to overcome that godlike evil kitten. Yes, the revenant is this bad in his current state. I read a lot of bad things about him in the past and thought well people are overreacting with a new class until i tried him myself. Mallyx needs a complete overhaul and so does ventari. Legendary dwarf is a lot of fun though. The most useful skills were that path of stone thingy together with those hammer blast finishers and them whirling hammers.

(edited by makagoto.1204)

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Setis.2863

Setis.2863

my main problem about this class not only depending on his specific skills.
My problem is more that even with the “classical” classes in this game, the players can be very bad.

So now you have a brand new class… played by the common player who can barely play their main classes. Even if the Revenant would be one of the most powerfull classes in this game, it would be a mess if it is depending on players skill like the mesmer or the engineer does.

Or can someone of you play a mesmer or engineer propperly in pve if its your first time?
(the most players cant even play this classes as a hardcore players with 20k + AP after all.)

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

low damage, displacement field, the downed skill that teleports enemies… they are oficially worse than bearbow rangers. in the hands of bad players.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I love everyone echoing comments like “its an L2P issue we dont have enough experience yet.”

No. Just no.

As it stands today without Shiro or Power traits the revenent is a low DPS class. Even in full berserker with scholar runes the damage is abysmal. None of the weapons have high damage coefficients. None of the weapons are able to stack significant conditions to support a full condi build. The class cannot do direct damage yet and cannot even do condi damage.

It did not take me 6 months to figure that out. I looked at the traits. I looked at the weapon skill coefficients and cast times. That’s all you need to know to figure out if something has good damage.

I would say that I have faith things will improve when the Power line, 1hs and shiro legend come out, but being that a revenant is currently doing like 5k DPS fully buffed they would need those things to increase their DPS by 300% to consider them baseline viable.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I love everyone echoing comments like “its an L2P issue we dont have enough experience yet.”

No. Just no.

As it stands today without Shiro or Power traits the revenent is a low DPS class. Even in full berserker with scholar runes the damage is abysmal. None of the weapons have high damage coefficients. None of the weapons are able to stack significant conditions to support a full condi build. The class cannot do direct damage yet and cannot even do condi damage.

It did not take me 6 months to figure that out. I looked at the traits. I looked at the weapon skill coefficients and cast times. That’s all you need to know to figure out if something has good damage.

I would say that I have faith things will improve when the Power line, 1hs and shiro legend come out, but being that a revenant is currently doing like 5k DPS fully buffed they would need those things to increase their DPS by 300% to consider them baseline viable.

5k DPS? You must be the most amazing Revenant in the world because I was in full Zerker gear and it took me like 10 minutes to kill a veteran. I tried every weapon, I tried every legendary, I tried various traits, I tried all sorts of stuff. There is simply nothing to the Revenant to support doing damage.

Will one trait line and a different stance actually help it? I doubt it. You’re still stuck with a useless legendary stance, whatever utilities they decide to attach to that stance, and based on current standards subpar weapons.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I feel like Revenant does slightly more damage in a condi/hybrid build. (still bad though)

And no kitten they’re gnna be bad, no one will know how to play it.
Yeah their dps sucks Support & tanky skills aren’t really useful for dungeons.

But kicking someone for being a Revenant? That’s just stupid.
It’s a beta. Players are meant to TEST them in whatever content they want (wvw, pvp, pve)

If they wanna do a dungeon to test (what they’re supposed to do). Deal with it.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

I feel like Revenant does slightly more damage in a condi/hybrid build. (still bad though)

And no kitten they’re gnna be bad, no one will know how to play it.
Yeah their dps sucks Support & tanky skills aren’t really useful for dungeons.

But kicking someone for being a Revenant? That’s just stupid.
It’s a beta. Players are meant to TEST them in whatever content they want (wvw, pvp, pve)

If they wanna do a dungeon to test (what they’re supposed to do). Deal with it.

yes I think rampager is the strongest setup available to an M/A revenant atm.

dungeon rev hate?

in Revenant

Posted by: diekthx.8743

diekthx.8743

This is the kind of feedback we need.
I think I’ve already got the Rev down, and it is a fun class, but yeah, in dungeon settings, it is really bad. Maybe as a guide to teach new people dungeons…but warrior/ele/guard all do better group survivability as it stands.
I’ll prolly play Rev in PvE content, unless he gets some serious niche assigned to him. A jack of all trades, that’s sub-par at all of them isn’t very good in this game, with how it’s designed. Ele is similar to that, but they at least can stack might and fury like no one’s business.
they would have to overhaul a good chunk of system to make the current dungeons NOT DPS based. Why heal when you can kill stuff in the time it takes for them to attack? I don’t WvW much, but a jack of all trades feels like they would be better there.