have a good day.
As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

finish rev before you nerf it

in Revenant

Posted by: Vanthony.4019

Vanthony.4019

Amen! Thank you anet for all the nerfs givin to the rev. Each new patch that is given to us revs gives us more hope of nothing cause that’s what we get, a whole lot of nothing. Everytime! You might as well take the hammer away at this rate, it has no use except pve. Even then you dont really need it. Useless class i had high hopes for. Might as well go back to my ranger and main him again. At least it has viable ranged weapons. Again weapons….you know, like more than one. ???? Give us more weapons atleast ffs!

in Revenant

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

+1

in Revenant

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

Amen! Thank you anet for all the nerfs givin to the rev. Each new patch that is given to us revs gives us more hope of nothing cause that’s what we get, a whole lot of nothing. Everytime! You might as well take the hammer away at this rate, it has no use except pve. Even then you dont really need it. Useless class i had high hopes for. Might as well go back to my ranger and main him again. At least it has viable ranged weapons. Again weapons….you know, like more than one. ???? Give us more weapons atleast ffs!

I said i stay to my rev but then again i get back to my guard.
They just sucide the class just for fun cause they just dont know how to balance it (or them as balance patches are all the same).

Amen to op…..

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

core revenant needs two things at the very least:
1.) access to a condition based weapon with range
2.) condition cleansing spread out among the legends instead of entirely in mallyx.

+/-
3.) stop tying weapons to legends. you restrict their use.

in Revenant

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

2.) condition cleansing spread out among the legends instead of entirely in mallyx.

+/-

Mallyx doesn’t have any Condi cleanse….
jalis has all the cleanses

Edited forgot pain Transference isn’t a Condi cleanse

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

in Revenant

Posted by: Dinsy.2491

Dinsy.2491

+/-

Mallyx doesn’t have any Condi cleanse besides the one transfer from Pain Transference….

And ventari, the only rev build without decent conditions cleanse/management is shiro/glint even that gets one on legend swap with traits.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

+/-

my point was, in mallyx condi’s aren’t really an issue.

in Revenant

BlaqueFyre.5678

+/-

They are though, you still have to cleanse them, Mallyx just buys you a little extra time with the resistance it offers.

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

+/-

They are though, you still have to cleanse them, Mallyx just buys you a little extra time with the resistance it offers.

It really depends on if you’re in a group fight with teammates to pull condi from. Trying to sustain resistance by yourself with nothing to pull from usually ends up chewing most of your energy, if you can avoid it being stripped.

in Revenant

BlaqueFyre.5678

+/-

It really depends on if you’re in a group fight with teammates to pull condi from. Trying to sustain resistance by yourself with nothing to pull from usually ends up chewing most of your energy, if you can avoid it being stripped.

Yes this is an issue and why Mallyx is one of the worst Condi management legends, it buys you time but in the end without external Condi clears or yourself being able to clear them when your resistance ends, you are screwed over, I will Say power Mallyx I was using corruption did very well against some Condi Mesmers I was facing in WvW but most times I was just delaying the inevitable.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I been saying this for a while. The Rev needs a revamp. It was clear that the developed made a rush to judgement when they were trying to meet the HoT release date. Because they were still changing critical parts of the class all the way up to that date, rather that just smoothing out bugs in the class.

The class is broken.

First change the energy system.
Get rid of the Weapon Swap but also get rid of Legend Cool Down Swap as a trade off.
Make Healer Legend actually useful as a Healer, or make it do both Support and Offensive abilities.
Make Dwarf Level more of a Tank. This here go back to the original Alpha Staff design were it was a tanking melee weapon with some heal support.

in Revenant

BlaqueFyre.5678

I been saying this for a while. The Rev needs a revamp. It was clear that the developed made a rush to judgement when they were trying to meet the HoT release date. Because they were still changing critical parts of the class all the way up to that date, rather that just smoothing out bugs in the class.

The class is broken.

Get rid of the Weapon Swap but also get rid of Legend Cool Down Swap as a trade off.
Make Healer Legend actually useful as a Healer, or make it do both Support and Offensive abilities.
Make Dwarf Level more of a Tank. This here go back to the original Alpha Staff design were it was a tanking melee weapon with some heal support.

I would want to see the Energy System start at 50 then degrade overtime when out of combat.

Also remove the energy costs on skills and rework their CDs, leave utilities and Elites to maintain their energy costs.

I think those two changes plus fixing all the bugs would go a long way to setting a stable foundation for the class, then working on re-evaluating each legend. I like the concept of the class but the reality of it is what has held me back from actually playing it after the BWEs

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

The class is broken.

I would want to see the Energy System start at 50 then degrade overtime when out of combat.

Also remove the energy costs on skills and rework their CDs, leave utilities and Elites to maintain their energy costs.

I think those two changes plus fixing all the bugs would go a long way to setting a stable foundation for the class, then working on re-evaluating each legend. I like the concept of the class but the reality of it is what has held me back from actually playing it after the BWEs

The Energy System was based on Guild Wars 1. Why change whats not broken? Go back and make the Rev Skill System like it was in GW1 where you start at full and it regens over time, but skills use up Energy. Simple, and proven to Work. The current system doesnt work, especially when both weapons and legends had energy cost.

in Revenant

BlaqueFyre.5678

The class is broken.

The Energy System was based on Guild Wars 1. Why change whats not broken? Go back and make the Rev Skill System like it was in GW1 where you start at full and it regens over time, but skills use up Energy. Simple, and proven to Work. The current system doesnt work, especially when both weapons and legends had energy cost.

It’s more along the lines of being based off of Thief Initiative system more than the energy system from Gw1, they just made all of Rev Utilities use it as well and giving upkeep. And CDs.

If they did as you requested it would be more broken than Thief just based on the level of strength Rev skills have on top of being spammable, a lot of skills would need to be nerfed to implement that system.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

I think the revenant needs:

• More weapon variety at core, which I would achieve by unlocking main-hand axe, off-hand mace, scepter, and focus.
  • Another core legend (ritualist would be perfect, summoning turret-spirits) to compensate for the lack of utility variety.
  • Weapon skills free of recourse costs, which should be utility-only.
  • Ventari’s Tablet gone from core Ventari (could return for an elite spec, an idea here) and Ventari skills redesigned to AoE target.
  • Custom herald F2 skills for each legend, restricting Facet of Nature to Glint only.

If you want to go further and redesign the entire profession, I would try things like these:

• Make weapon skills change depending on the active legend, but no need for these changes to be as huge as they are with elementalist.
  • Remove “legendary characters” and replace them by “occult schools of magic”, so future elite specs can focus on cool magic without character or lore restrictions.
  • Simplify the resource, or remove it and adjust utility skills accordingly.
Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Revenant

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

Rev is detintely an incomplete class and has mechanics issues as well.

One of the major problems is variety. Just looking at heavy armored classes weapon count:
Guard: MH 3, OH, 3 Dual 4. Total 10. Total number of skills 38.
Warrior : MH 3, OH 6, Dual 3. Total 12. Total number of skills 36.
Rev: MH 2, OH 3, Dual 2. Total 7. Total number of skills 21.
More is not necessarily better, but it is clear that Rev has much less weapons and significantly less skills than it counter part heavy armored classes. In addition, Guard has 3 virtues, warriors has 6 burst skills. Rev only facet of nature.

On the weapons subject, Guard has 2 ranged weapons same as warrior. Rev only 1, which is arguably the worst on all these 5 weapons, except in WvW.

As for viability, without too much elaboration, both Guard and Warrior have more viable builds in various game modes. If you go in GW 2 meta website, excluding fractals (which are same as raids), Guard has 9 builds, Warriors has 13 (some here are not really meta though) Rev has 6.

As for class mechanics, the energy + CD while cumbersome mechanics do work for some legends, not so much for other. The three legends that are under performing, Jails, Mallyx and Venatri, all have skills with very high energy cost. It is not a coincidence that they are under performing. Jails and Ventari rarely see the day of light in PvP and Mallyx is rarely used. In PvE everyone uses Glint, and either Mallyx or Jails just to use one skill.

While in terms of utilities Rev in terms of quantity is only 3 skills behind other classes, the limitation is an issue. Take sPvP as an example, most classes rely heavily on utilities to provide conditional cleanse, CC break and stability if you fight in melee range constantly. Only two legend have a CC breaker, so no brainier everyone uses them in sPvP (obviously not the only reason to use glint). Only one legend has stability, Jails, which is a pretty terrible skill with rectangular aoe and ridiculous resource cost. Mallyx is only used with condi build, which is on the weaker side anyway.

While sPvP and Raiding tend to limit viable builds, Rev is surely has the least diversity. Rev has one strong build that plays nearly the same in every game mode with very similar weapons and skills configuration.

lastly, the devs patch changes to Rev are baffling at best. Yes, some of the nerfs are warranted, but the question is considering that Ventari was patched three times why is it still not remotely viable for anything? Why was Inspiring Reinforcement patched recently? No one uses this skill outside of WvW, which is a clear indicator that it has issues. Did that change make the skill any better, worse or more viable? No, so why was time spent for nothing.

I think Rev is a hopeless case. It will continue to have one strong build, revolving around sword and shire, everything else is filler and the rest is junk. The class is surely incomplete and the devs are too arrogant to admit it or fix.

in Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

As someone playing Mesmer, Revenenant, Engineer and (recently) Elementalist, I dread to call what they do nerfs or buffs.

Because that implies agency and intent. I don’t think that’s what we’re seeing here.

Instead, there are 1-5 devs who 1-2 days a week get to panickly stomp at all the small fires in the room. Hoping that it’ll help.

No one ever works on actually fixing the underlying problems and causes, or we’d see more extensive reworks in the form of individual skill changes / additions / removals every 2 weeks (at most, if not faster).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Well give rev a new weapon tied to invocation that is coni based range and give every class a new utility that gives them more options.
Give Ventari a stunbreak and tablet summon on swap and no destruction on elite. GiveMallyx a condi conversion/cleanse like give your enemy all conditions you have and get resistance per condi (havent to be huge thou).
Give shiro a lifesteal utility for more survability.
Give jallis a blockskill (and please fix all the bugs and improve the chain skill).
Make facet of nature unique per legend.
Like:
Shiro: Pulse quickness (i mean chrono can perma apply quickness, balnce could be through uptime cost)
Jallis: Pulses aegis and retal
Ventari: Pulses heal and outgoing healing improve.
Mallyx: Pulse Resistance (same balance reason like shiro)
Glint: As it is now.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.