friendly reminder

friendly reminder

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

mace is an absolute waste. One of the coolest and most satisfying weapons visually but due to our lack of traits for condi and hybrid its hot garbage. its DECENT in pvp, at most, and horrid in pve.

please buff, for the 1029293012832 time.

love you Roy

friendly reminder

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I second, third and forth that!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

friendly reminder

in Revenant

Posted by: Maelwro.7562

Maelwro.7562

I absolutely love the animations and playstyle of Mace —- but…seconded for the reasons above.

friendly reminder

in Revenant

Azure.8670

saw someone using mace today in frac 75. mailed them 1g and told them to keep the dream alive

friendly reminder

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

“to keep the dream alive”

Lol, you aren’t a “The Tribe” fan by any chance are you??

But yea, in PVE the mace is utter junk and that’s sad.

friendly reminder

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

saw someone using mace today in frac 75. mailed them 1g and told them to keep the dream alive

over lv60 thoughness on mob is insane, going condi is the only way… even if other classes do it better i guess going mace/mallyx in high fractals is viable

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

friendly reminder

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Might be just me but i found mace to be absolutely terrible. 3 is a dps loss, torment on melee weaon doesnt make sense either. Condi output is quite low in general compared to other builds.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

friendly reminder

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I have no problems with mace and use it in PvE roaming everywhere… and kite mobs just fine while in melee to make them move and take that increased torment damage.

So, really, L2P. Mace is fine.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

friendly reminder

in Revenant

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I agree. Also, buff it for Power, too.

I really love the idea of it being similar to Ele Fire Staff.

friendly reminder

in Revenant

Azure.8670

I have no problems with mace and use it in PvE roaming everywhere… and kite mobs just fine while in melee to make them move and take that increased torment damage.

im laughing so hard at this.

L2P? first off, youre kiting in melee. That alone tells you how bad mace is currently, youre actually running away from a mob to make it move to do decent (its not decent) damage and most likely getting it out of mace 2 which is the only good damage (its not that good) mace has. Show me your impressive PVE skills doing ANYWHERE NEAR sword melee damage and ill bless your account with any item from the gem store.

I want to see atleast 5k burning 3k torment and 2k poison, that would put you somewhere almost close to what sword can do, and it has to be consistent.

goodluck!

friendly reminder

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

What Azure said. Pve roaming. You made my day brah.

Do you also kite bosses around when your party trying to stack up in corner to do max dps and you ruin it by “roaming” all over the place with boss following you so you can do some increased torment damage? Well im glad i dont have to be in the same party with ya.

Also condi application from mace and Mallyx is terrible compared to lets say condi mesmer which not olny can stack quite a bit of torment and confusion from range (!!!), it can also cover it with burning, weaknesss, vul, blind, bleeding. Mace in comprasion is unrewarding as it should stack condi much better due to the fact you have to use it in melee range. Its warrior sword all over again

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

friendly reminder

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

im laughing so hard at this.

L2P? first off, youre kiting in melee. That alone tells you how bad mace is currently, youre actually running away from a mob to make it move to do decent (its not decent) damage and most likely getting it out of mace 2 which is the only good damage (its not that good) mace has. Show me your impressive PVE skills doing ANYWHERE NEAR sword melee damage and ill bless your account with any item from the gem store.

I want to see atleast 5k burning 3k torment and 2k poison, that would put you somewhere almost close to what sword can do, and it has to be consistent.

goodluck!

Poison is hard to get anywhere above 1k, but I have seen burning around 3-5k, and torment got 11k a couple times… though usually around 5k or so. Of course this is only applicable to mobs with sufficient health pools to not melt away from initial burst. Sword has the same burst problem though since you have to wait for energy to redo Impossible Odds.

What I meant by kiting the mob is… drop UA, axe 5, axe 4, mace 2, mace 3, mace aa, UA again, then leave. Mob is usually around 20% HP and they chase after you and die. I just abuse burst. Move to the next mob and repeat and you can kill pretty quickly if you just mob hop (also essential with that xp booster that gives xp for kill chaining). And if they cripple/imob, the resistance from UA lets you run along fine.

As for bosses, you are right in that it cannot be easily done and, in dungeons I stack with all the other cheaters so, meh. But with “bosses” in DS, for example, the “kiting” is usually in the form of running away because squishy. That or the mobs are busy chasing other people around, making melee really difficult, but they take the extra damage from moving with torment and then… how is that melee sword treating you?

What I read in another forum post had a point in regards to mace lacking power to get crits for more torment but I still think they made it an exclusive condi weapon. Sure, I would like if all the skills were 600-900 range, but I work with what they gave us and do so to get the best damage… many times equal to these blind power-build worshipers.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

friendly reminder

in Revenant

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

What gear and teait setup do you run? I want to test it myself.