how do you deal with double CDs?

in Revenant

Posted by: Opopanax.1803

Opopanax.1803

Hi there all,

I have tried and tried to get into Revenant. I love the themes, chill, the weapon skills…

But I just can’t seem to get into the time CDs PLUS resource cost on weapon skills. How do you play this? It seems awful and I just don’t find anything about it fun. Why not just make it another class that uses initiative?

in Revenant

Posted by: All Matters Fecal.9560

All Matters Fecal.9560

Rage posts on the forum seems to work alright.

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Hi there all,How do you play this?

It differs by legend but my take on it is different to yours. I see options. Rev isn’t like other professions where you’re just meant to use every ability as it comes off cooldown to maximise DPS. You can’t because there’s not enough energy to do that.

Take Mallyx as the most extreme example since none of his utilities have CDs except for his heal.

You could gear and trait especially for torment and spend most of your energy on unyielding torment and embrace the darkness.

It’s possible – though I haven’t tried it myself – to gear and trait specifically for confusion and go nuts with banish enchantment.

Or you could gear for condition damage and use a bit of everything, including burning from mace. Or burning or bleeding with shortbow.

Shiro and Jalis have 5 and 10 second CDs respectively on some of their abilities but you could use either with a power build and rely primarily on legend utilities for damage (eg. impossible odds, vengeful hammers).

That approach works less well with the elites though, since their utilities have and are balanced around CDs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I simply won’t use Kalla, since it’s terrible, and stick to Jalis/Shiro or Jalis/Mallyx.

No double CD, solved.