how popular do you think revenant will be?

in Revenant

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

do you think it’ll be one of the more popular classes like warrior and ele or one of the least popular like engi and necro

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

do you think it’ll be one of the more popular classes like warrior and ele or one of the least popular like engi and necro

Medium. It has a skill curve so that will deter a lot of fotm rerollers, but Herald is powerful enough that it will probably be desired in groups.

in Revenant

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Hard to say. It really depends on if all the people who say they’ll quit their mains because rev is unfair really mean it.

I’m definitely rolling one, though.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Revenant

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

It’s a new class so very popular at first

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

During six or 10 months it’s going to be a very popular class coz it’s new. Everyone is going to make one.

in Revenant

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

All the popular.

…until people realise that it almost entirely lacks the customisation of the other professions.
Then it will get shelved by a great majority of people until it’s given more utilities/someone figures out how to implement racial skills so they’ll work with rev.

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

it will be one of the most popular classes, if not the most popular. People arent happy with Berserker or dragonhunter, and a new heavy class is out now that just happens to have a great elite

in Revenant

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

It will be very popular like guardian/warrior/ele. The class is quite versatile and looks to be good fit in pvp, wvw, old dungeon/fractals and new raids.

in Revenant

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

hmm I hope it’s only popular due to being new so that it becomes unpopular after a couple of months. it’s a pretty hard class to master so it will probably scare some people away

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

hmm I hope it’s only popular due to being new so that it becomes unpopular after a couple of months. it’s a pretty hard class to master so it will probably scare some people away

Well i don’t really like to play popular classes too but for now revenant is really strong (like chrono and reaper) and it’s new. It’s gonna be the most played class for a moment.
In other hands it really depend the legend you play, glint is insanely strong and easy to play, if you play with mallyx, ventari or jailis you need to manage your energy more carefully.

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

http://strawpoll.me/5678825/r
According to this very, very popular.

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

Over time, after the initial release of HoT, I believe it’ll be where Mesmer is. You see them, but not often.

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

Over time, after the initial release of HoT, I believe it’ll be where Mesmer is. You see them, but not often.

I don’t think so. See which classes are more popular today;
1)elementalist
2)guardian
3) Warrior.

People seems to love heavy armor classes and rev is versatile. I think it will remain kind of popular class. Moreover it seems that there is some elem, warrior or guardian that seems disapointed by they elite specs and are switching to revenant.

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

I don’t think so. See which classes are more popular today;
1)elementalist
2)guardian
3) Warrior.

People seems to love heavy armor classes and rev is versatile. I think it will remain kind of popular class. Moreover it seems that there is some elem, warrior or guardian that seems disapointed by they elite specs and are switching to revenant.

Just because heavy armor is popular, doesn’t mean Revenant will be, They’re popular because of what they do, not because they are heavy armor. Engineer is also extremely versatile, but it’s not common and not even favored in PvE.

The reason why I think the Revenant will be like the Mesmer is because:
1) It’s easy to play, but hard to master
2) Unique mechanics (defined by not being straightforward) not offered by other profession
3) Mostly utility based

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

I’ll reroll but not because of OPness or something. He’s heavy, he’s dark, he’s magic – so it’s my class
I played necro for a long time, but he is only dark and magic :P (but will stay my 2nd main Reaper!)

in Revenant

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

Rev does have a skill cap. A lot to remember on it: weapon swap, legend swap, energy, cooldowns, upkeeps, and so on.

I will be maining two classes come launch: Druid and Revenant/ herald. If heals end up not being a thing at all despite raids, revenant will be my main. I’ve mained a healer in very other mmo i’ve played until now, but the rev dps is far better than the ranger and the druid is better of a healer than a ventari rev… that’s besides the point.

While revenant doesn’t have the customization and utility swapping of the other classes, it is part of the joy I find in the class. It adds that extra layer of challenge to a situation and it’s great! I know there are a lot of people upset over it and it will be what turns people away from the class the most after awhile (that and a few other things).

We’ll see what happens as time goes on. There will be a lot of revs day one, this I know. And a lot of level 80s day one from leveling through tomes and scrolls and all that other junk they give for quick leveling. I know mine will be 80 the second I get out of character creator and in full ascended valkyrie/ zerker hybrid (armor valkyrie, rest zerker).

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

So according to what it was said revenant is quite easily one of the most popular classes for now (with dragonhunter and reaper). It was pretty sure coz it’s new,it’s fun and berserker elite spec is trash.But i still a bit surprised coz revenant is different from other classes, he has less personnalisation and no racial skills, i would have think that people are loving builds. Would revenant be one of the most played class in some months? We’ll see.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)