is Zerker good on Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Poke Bird.5847

Poke Bird.5847

I’ve seen opinions here and there but no one seems to fully explain if revenants should have zerker gear or not. Some ppl r extreme and say that zerker is a HUGE waste on rev, while others say its actually pretty good since rev has some built in survivability. What is the truth?

in Revenant

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Situation is this: With Glint having easy Perma fury which is traited for 40% crit chance increase, is basically flat out 40% crit chance on you at all times. For this reason, when using full Berserker’s gear you can hit the 100% easily and even surpass is quiet quickly, which is why people stay it’s a waste.
It works fantastically, no doubt. BUT, you can hit the same stats with other gear, while also being more durable.
It’s a question of circumstances and optimization.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Revenant

Posted by: Poke Bird.5847

Poke Bird.5847

Situation is this: With Glint having easy Perma fury which is traited for 40% crit chance increase, is basically flat out 40% crit chance on you at all times. For this reason, when using full Berserker’s gear you can hit the 100% easily and even surpass is quiet quickly, which is why people stay it’s a waste.
It works fantastically, no doubt. BUT, you can hit the same stats with other gear, while also being more durable.
It’s a question of circumstances and optimization.

so berserker is only debatable when rev uses herald, what about other circumstances, like shiro+plus anything but herald?

in Revenant

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

It’s pretty good. The extra crit chance is not really wasted if you fight against mobs above level 80, which a lot of the mobs in e.g. the new maps or fractals are.

You are pretty squishy though, have to rely a lot on your dodges/evades.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

No, it isn’t a waste. With full ascended berserker gear, a phalanx warrior, and a ranger with spotter, you would go over 100% a bit under fury with Roiling Mists (Invocation, not Herald), but even then it wouldn’t that tragic.

in Revenant

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

My Rev is fine so far with zerkers and staff/hammer. I can easily stay at 100% hp most of the time. Roll Staff with the Dwarf and spam Vengeful Hammers for the win. My build so far:

Runes: any that you prefer.
Sigils:

Superior Accuracy – +7% Crit.
Superior Frailty – 50% to cause vuln on a 2 sec cd. (This is very helpful you will see why).

Traits:

Devastation

Mutilate defences (comes free) – 25% to cause vuln for 4 secs.
Targeted Destruction (comes free) – +7% damage to foes with Vuln.
Focused Siphoning (comes free) – Siphon Hp from foes when you hit them from the side or behind.

Retribution

Anything you like for the most part except you want:

Steadfast rejuvenation – 50% chance when you are hit to heal on a 4 sec cd

Salvation

Tranquil Benediction – Swiftness/Regen from the orbs that your staff create. Rememebr to mainly just use skill 1 for staff to keep that healing up! While also having Vengeful hammers going when needed. Staff skill 4 for cond cleanse and some extra healing.

That’s the key. The rest of the Salvation line you can set up to use for Ventari for Champ/group content and being more supportive. Give it a try I am having a blast with this build!

Don’t listen to the naysayers.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

why would u ever use anything but zerker on anything? it’s only wasted stats if u have a warrior with 100% banner uptime and a ranger with spotter at all times. Which isn’t that likely. well, especially since warrior cant have 100% uptime on banners also.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

Superior Frailty

Paulytnz, give it a try without the frailty sigil. You will find that vulnerability is being applied pretty much constantly even without that. If you like the result, that frees up that slot for something else.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

why would u ever use anything but zerker on anything? it’s only wasted stats if u have a warrior with 100% banner uptime and a ranger with spotter at all times. Which isn’t that likely. well, especially since warrior cant have 100% uptime on banners also.

That was true until the HoT release. Now that dungeons and fractals have been kittened, and the new maps are full of mobs that hit hard, there’s room for some defensive stats, especially if you’re going to melee.

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Its nice to see that hot mobs offer more challenge that could kill u. But if ur power based zerker is still the way in pve land, we have many non gear ways to clear packs of mobs and not being zerker will only lower ur dmg. Id rather kill a mob faster n use active defensives than kill it slower due to tanky gear

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I only use Shiro in small skirmish wvw or vanilla pve.

Zerk is still the go to if damage is all you need. How often has that been the case in these new maps?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Paulytnz.7619

Superior Frailty

Paulytnz, give it a try without the frailty sigil. You will find that vulnerability is being applied pretty much constantly even without that. If you like the result, that frees up that slot for something else.

I may give it a shot but I think without it it would not be so great for multiple enemies? Sure one on one with the traits are fine but I can’t recall if there is a cooldown with that. Also I like to stack as much vuln as possible so that I am doing more damage in the long run, especially for when in champ/boss fights.

I think the sigil helps a bit more for group situations especially when you have vengeful hammers going. But I will look in to it more thanks for the tip.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

I think the sigil helps a bit more for group situations especially when you have vengeful hammers going. But I will look in to it more thanks for the tip.

Yeah, I assumed your primary concern was just having SOME on all the time, so you would get the benefits, but yeah, I got you. Jalis Hammers actually do a nice job of applying it.

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

That was true until the HoT release. Now that dungeons and fractals have been kittened, and the new maps are full of mobs that hit hard, there’s room for some defensive stats, especially if you’re going to melee.

I melee and do just fine, you have to learn how and when to dodge and block things, revenant also has many, many evades and 2 heals and even an elite that reduces damage by 50%. There’s no reason to go anything but zerk.

in Revenant

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

I went full Zerk, but “had” to slot Dolyak Runes, because kitten hurts a lot and I had to focus on dodging, evading too much, no time to enjoy the pretty animations or Entropy + Mallyx R shine :-)

Sword + Axe/Hammer

P.S.: Does Sword 3 count as “from side or behind”?

Vertor et revertor.

in Revenant

Posted by: Operator.6523

Operator.6523

I find Zerk Rev right in between the survivability of Zerk Warrior and Zerk Thief

Zerk thief = ded if you can’t play
Zerk warrior = more forgiving but still ded if you can’t play

in Revenant

Paulytnz.7619

I went full Zerk, but “had” to slot Dolyak Runes, because kitten hurts a lot and I had to focus on dodging, evading too much, no time to enjoy the pretty animations or Entropy + Mallyx R shine :-)

Sword + Axe/Hammer

Use Jalis’ Vengeful Hammers and you will have no problem hitting from side/behind.

in Revenant

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

Sword + Axe/Hammer

Use Jalis’ Vengeful Hammers and you will have no problem hitting from side/behind.

Oh that didn’t occur to me

Vertor et revertor.