is anyone mashing buttons/staring @ CDs

in Revenant

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

I can’t stop staring at my abilities for cooldowns and seeing if I have the right buffs from the dragon on and half way through a fight I just begin smashing every button on my keyboard that has a keybind to it. it’s so many abilities for me to click + i have no clue when to use what ability

has it been like this for anyone else? I’ve only ever done this on my first character, but not on my second or third which was a guardian and warrior

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Revenant

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I’m coming from Engineer, Elementalist, and a pet-heavy Ranger, so no, I’m fairly used to the Mozart-style keyboard shenanigans. :P It’ll take some time to really commit everything to muscle memory, but all in all, it’s just another song.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Revenant

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

This is pretty much what happens if you’re new to a more complex class. I’ve been doing this but getting better at it. I did the same when I started Guardian. As you learn the feel and the CDs of the class you’ll start to edge away from staring at your bar.

At least that’s in my experience anyway

noice

in Revenant

Posted by: Vyce.2014

Vyce.2014

I will say that the glint skill icons need some recolor work so that it’s a little easier to see what state they are in out of the corner of your eye. I do really love the ground overlay for that purpose though.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

i think i kinda am but i know exectly what im doing

in Revenant

Posted by: Ziploc Samurai.4186

Ziploc Samurai.4186

(Current) engineer main here. I got used to just knowing where my fingers are dancing all over my naga a long, long time ago. Practice makes perfect!

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Don’t forget that you can rearrange the utility skills if you like. I find that helpful on certain legends.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vyce.2014

Vyce.2014

Don’t forget that you can rearrange the utility skills if you like. I find that helpful on certain legends.

I had no idea… That’s awesome

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I’m coming from Engineer, Elementalist, and a pet-heavy Ranger, so no, I’m fairly used to the Mozart-style keyboard shenanigans. :P It’ll take some time to really commit everything to muscle memory, but all in all, it’s just another song.

yeah, muscle memory is actually easier then engi/ele…you just have to memorize CDs, that will come with practice

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I mash the buttons while staring at CDs. I mean, come on, it’s suppose to play music when I push the button but it only comes out when I push the button… What’s going on!!!!