problem with facets and legend swap

in Revenant

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

if i have active facets and i swap my legend they still count as active and i have to wait for a short duration until i can use my impossible odds.
while this seems like a minor problem it is actually very annoying in a fight.

i would be very happy about a fix.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Revenant

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

It was reported in BWE3 and Roy said he would look into it.

More info here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Energy-regen-rate-after-legend-swap/

in Revenant

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

Have also experienced this, rather annoying.

Rantev [Warrior]

in Revenant

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

This is definitely annoying me, i’m actually considering going back to shiro-mallyx even with the lack of swiftness until they get this sorted out. Sometimes impossible odds will even stay locked out indefinitely.

- BG -

in Revenant

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

This is a major problem for me too, I now wait 1.5-2s (not kidding) before hitting shiro 9 for dps because of the skill lag. I have stopped using Heralds F2 (i.e. using active before switching to shiro) because many said that was the cause but it hasn’t solved the issue. It’s a really big dps loss and that 1.5s delay is just so frustrating. Switching between any of the other legends except Glint does not cause this problem. Please fix.

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

No, no. Nerfs first, bug fixes second… .

in Revenant

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

I’m pretty sure the problem you’re talking about is Facet of Nature, which does not deactivate when you swap Legends, only when you run out of Energy or use One With Nature, since your max Energy degen is -10, while Odds + FoN is -12. Try swapping to Shiro only when your Energy on Glint runs out and then tell me if Odds works or not.

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

No, no. Nerfs first, bug fixes second… .

This. Nerf before fix

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Orion Templar.4589

It’s not just facet of nature. The other facets don’t release their upkeep cost on your energy regen until a second or two after you swap legends. (Which is frustrating.)

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Impossible Odds is on the same place of the bar as vengeful Hammers is, and there has been places where VH doesn’t work at all. Shuts off as soon as you activate it.

So the problem is tied to Glint?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

it seems that upkeep costs carry over when you swap legends for a short duration and somehow disable other upkeeps if their total energy cost is higher than -10

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

I’ll be looking into this, it looks like a change I made previously to fix it didn’t make it to live.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

i just did fotm 50+ i must have stability!

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Thanks, Roy.

Completely irrelevant to this thread. Stop it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Get stab on dodge. Will it hurt your dps? Well thug life..make choice.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

I’ll be looking into this, it looks like a change I made previously to fix it didn’t make it to live.

That’s great to hear, thank you.
It’s really getting on my nerves atm.

- BG -

in Revenant

Orion Templar.4589

Saw this fix made it live in the 10/29/15 patch. It is working well. Thank you for fixing this one!

in Revenant

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

Thank you for this Roy, works a charm now. Only issue I ave is I got in the habit of waiting for Shiro to become ready, I need to break that habit!

On a side note, why does axe 4 have such a low range (600). I know this is the same as sword 2 on a thief, but thieves can spam that ability, Rev’s can’t do back to back axe 4’s. Basically, I can;t use it as a decent gap closer, instead relying on shiro 8. If it could be increased to 900 that would be amazing.

in Revenant

Orion Templar.4589

The issue is back again. When Glint facets are active when you switch to another legend the energy regen rate doesn’t reset immediately. (Not related just to facet of nature.) So high upkeep cost skills like impossible odds cannot be enabled right away after swap until the energy regen rate finally goes back to normal a few seconds after legend swap.

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

The issue is back again. When Glint facets are active when you switch to another legend the energy regen rate doesn’t reset immediately. (Not related just to facet of nature.) So high upkeep cost skills like impossible odds cannot be enabled right away after swap until the energy regen rate finally goes back to normal a few seconds after legend swap.

Yep, I’ve noticed the same thing the last few days. I try to switch to Shiro for some quick burst and end up having to wait a second or so before I can activate Impossible Odds.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Revenant

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

The issue is actually worse than before, it takes a few seconds now, Hell I’ve swapped with facets on into shiro and wasn’t able to elite skill because my energy was STILL DRAINING (and no the f2 was not on)

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Revenant

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

Any news about this, it is really annoying bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Sometimes it does it yeah.. Focus on all the fixes and ignorer nerfs and buff so far.. Cause chances are that you need to rebalance anyway when you have fixed all bugs imo..