raiding with revenant

raiding with revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: nathan goossen.9546

nathan goossen.9546

so im asking my self what weapons are a must have full ascended for raids and what waepons i can keep exotic(that arent used for the fighting it self (staff for breakbar dont think it neads ascended right?)

and what runes are good to us on revenant?

cheers in advance

Naomi DragonFury

raiding with revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I’ll assume you’ll be part of the DPS, so ascended sword with sigil of force is nearly mandatory, as you stated your staff doesn’t need to be asc, but I usually use Glint + Shiro elites + axe #4 for breakbar, so I keep a hammer in my off set to occasional need of long range, and finally you’ll probably use axe or shield as off hand weapon, ideally it would be asc, but exotic will work really fine, for sigil I’m not really sure, I use sigil of air in my axe.

For Runes I use scholar, it is quite easy to be at over 90%HP and even under it the power+ferocity is a great bonus compared to other runes like strength and rage.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

raiding with revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

what about ascended armor? Berserker or Marauder?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

raiding with revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Armor needs to be Berserker. Though, the DPS gain from all 6 pieces of your armor being ascended over exotic is barely 2%. If you got a set, great. If not, you’re not missing out.

Sword and Axe is definitely a must as the vast majority of your damage contribution comes from this weapon set. Keep in mind the way damage is calculated averages the weapons in both of your hands as a single weapon so you want to make sure you’re upgrading both weapons even though you’ll mostly be using Sword skills.

Runes: Scholars if you can maintain the 90% threshold for a good portion of the fight. Otherwise, Strength would be the next best set as as well as aiding your might stacking. Force and Air sigils if you’re trying to squeeze out as much damage as possible.

raiding with revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Armor needs to be Berserker. Though, the DPS gain from all 6 pieces of your armor being ascended over exotic is barely 2%. If you got a set, great. If not, you’re not missing out.

Sword and Axe is definitely a must as the vast majority of your damage contribution comes from this weapon set. Keep in mind the way damage is calculated averages the weapons in both of your hands as a single weapon so you want to make sure you’re upgrading both weapons even though you’ll mostly be using Sword skills.

Runes: Scholars if you can maintain the 90% threshold for a good portion of the fight. Otherwise, Strength would be the next best set as as well as aiding your might stacking. Force and Air sigils if you’re trying to squeeze out as much damage as possible.

Given that ascended marauder gear has better power and precision than exotic berserker, with only slightly less ferocity, yet you also say you aren’t missing out if you don’t have ascended, saying that armor has to be berserker doesn’t really make much sense.

raiding with revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: technophebe.7631

technophebe.7631

I think what Savacli means is that Marauder is sub-optimal when compared to Berserker. With Roiling Mists and perma-fury you’re not going to have any issue hitting crit cap, so more precision is wasted, whereas more fury is always valuable.

Since the meta at the moment is to consider survivability stats as wasted, Marauder is considered to be worse for that reason also. Personally I think there’s value in survivability stats, unless you can guarantee that you’ll be up 100% of the time (you can’t); but it’s difficult to quantify so that value ends up being ignored by the mainstream.

(edited by technophebe.7631)

raiding with revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yeah, armor is Berzerser for sure, the added defense from marauder isn’t needed, if needed, add a few of the zerk/valk asc trinkets, those will lower your precision a bit and rise Vit, since rev have the added bonus from fury, and it is common to have a spotter available in raids you’ll get your 90~100 crit chance easily and still have max available power and ferocity.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

raiding with revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Personally I think there’s value in survivability stats, unless you can guarantee that you’ll be up 100% of the time (you can’t); but it’s difficult to quantify so that value ends up being ignored by the mainstream.

The longer people perpetuate the nonsense, the worse it gets. You can not make a rational argument that exotic berserker is fine but ascended marauder isn’t. Admittedly, I wouldn’t suggest anything other than ascended berserker for trying to get into pugs.

Yeah, armor is Berzerser for sure, the added defense from marauder isn’t needed, if needed, add a few of the zerk/valk asc trinkets, those will lower your precision a bit and rise Vit, since rev have the added bonus from fury, and it is common to have a spotter available in raids you’ll get your 90~100 crit chance easily and still have max available power and ferocity.

I run marauder with berserkyrie trinkets. I’ve prevented wipes on VG by being able to res in lit up areas. If people run in groups with players that never go down, then more power to them, but I expect that’s the exception rather than the rule. Obviously berserker is better in terms of pure offense, but marauder gives a good vitality boost while only giving up half that much in offensive stats.

raiding with revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I run marauder with berserkyrie trinkets. I’ve prevented wipes on VG by being able to res in lit up areas. If people run in groups with players that never go down, then more power to them, but I expect that’s the exception rather than the rule. Obviously berserker is better in terms of pure offense, but marauder gives a good vitality boost while only giving up half that much in offensive stats.

That may work for VG, but once you get to Gor that is just not going to cut it. Gor is a complete DPS check you really need to be in full zerkers. If you happen to have a group that fully knows you are not running full zerkers, well more power to you. If you just have not told them you do not run zerk, well there may be a rude awakening if they find out.