reduce centaur energy costs

in Revenant

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

All the stance needs is lower energy costs for its skills. especially for the condi clear, it needs 20 energy cost.

sure instant summon tablet on entering the form would be nice, but reduced energy costs are what centaur really needs.

it’s super fun and playable in pvp, but the skills just cost too much considering you will be using the heal every 2sec which is a big energy drain when combined with weapon skills.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

You shouldn’t be using the skills on cooldown… Simply reducing the energy cost is the wrong way to go as it would make energy a non-mechanic. What they should do is increase the effects to be worth the energy cost.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

choovanski.5462

You shouldn’t be using the skills on cooldown… Simply reducing the energy cost is the wrong way to go as it would make energy a non-mechanic. What they should do is increase the effects to be worth the energy cost.

you have an energy rgn rate of 5 per second. you are using the heal basically every two seconds, so you have hardly any energy regeneration if you are keeping the heals and protection up.

Natural Harmony costs too much for how poor the heal is. It needs a buff in healing, or at least needs to scale better.

Purifying Essence costs too much imo. I find I hardly ever have the energy to use it if i’m microing the tablet and using weapon skills. moving it down from 30 to 20, or even 25 would be a big deal and would help a lot.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

you have an energy rgn rate of 5 per second. you are using the heal basically every two seconds, so you have hardly any energy regeneration if you are keeping the heals and protection up.

Natural Harmony costs too much for how poor the heal is. It needs a buff in healing, or at least needs to scale better.

Purifying Essence costs too much imo. I find I hardly ever have the energy to use it if i’m microing the tablet and using weapon skills. moving it down from 30 to 20, or even 25 would be a big deal and would help a lot.

Currently the total cooldown on tablet movement is around 2.7 seconds, if they make it instant it would be 2 seconds.

While I do agree that PE isn’t at a good cost/cooldown for the effect there are more ways to do this (IMO it shouldn’t be below 25 energy cost). Burtniks suggestion included removing the cooldown.
On NH it’s obvious that it doesn’t do enough for the cost in my own suggestion it was included that the scaling should go to 1 (from 0.6).

But the point is, simply reducing the energy cost is a bad way to solve the problem as it would lead unskilled play and a removal of the mechanic.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

choovanski.5462

Currently the total cooldown on tablet movement is around 2.7 seconds, if they make it instant it would be 2 seconds.

While I do agree that PE isn’t at a good cost/cooldown for the effect there are more ways to do this (IMO it shouldn’t be below 25 energy cost). Burtniks suggestion included removing the cooldown.
On NH it’s obvious that it doesn’t do enough for the cost in my own suggestion it was included that the scaling should go to 1 (from 0.6).

But the point is, simply reducing the energy cost is a bad way to solve the problem as it would lead unskilled play and a removal of the mechanic.

Feel like we are in agreement here. PE going down to 25 cost would be the kind of buff it deserves. I don’t feel reducing the cost to that degree would make it ‘unskilled’, i’m not suggesting dropping it bellow 20- that would be too much.

NH would do better with a buff than a cost reduction, as making it cheap would overlap with moving the tablet too much. Better scaling is a good idea, as would adding more boons to it. Resistance, or aegis perhaps. Pulsing aegis for the channel with a cost increase to 30 would be nice.

in Revenant

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I think making the tablet appear when you switch ventari, and changing energy expulsion to where after it explodes it reforms at your location would help, and when you hit the leash range, it appears at you would help too.

Agree that natural harmony is fine really, just needs an energy cost reduction, possibly make it a stunbreaker?

Protective solace is great.

Purifying essence is fine.

Energy expulsion I think make it so the shards also cleanse conditions. Maybe 1 so that way the GM trait for shards is also fair.

Salvation line could also use some help to buff ventari and staff even. Make the outgoing healing modifiers also affect us, change that dodge trait to make it so the tablet cleanses 1 condition every 3 seconds, make it so the blind and protection on heal traits happen at the tablet’s location as well as ours.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

I think making the tablet appear when you switch ventari, and changing energy expulsion to where after it explodes it reforms at your location would help, and when you hit the leash range, it appears at you would help too.

Agree that natural harmony is fine really, just needs an energy cost reduction, possibly make it a stunbreaker?

Energy expulsion I think make it so the shards also cleanse conditions. Maybe 1 so that way the GM trait for shards is also fair.

Salvation line could also use some help to buff ventari and staff even. Make the outgoing healing modifiers also affect us, change that dodge trait to make it so the tablet cleanses 1 condition every 3 seconds, make it so the blind and protection on heal traits happen at the tablet’s location as well as ours.

You do realize that this would be completely broken in conquest right? And that it would result in a heavy nerf in less than a day.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

TheLastNobody.8319

You do realize that this would be completely broken in conquest right? And that it would result in a heavy nerf in less than a day.

Eh quite possibly, but with ANET you never know. Looking back I think you’re right when I say to make the energy expulsion fragments cleanse conditions. And if the tablet became instant cast to move, the blind and protection traits might warrant a slight ICD.
Of what…. 5 seconds?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

outgoing healing modifiers also affect us

This is the real problem. Ofc combined with a higher amount of cleanses and considerable increase in CC defense.

We already have some really strong active defenses. Our heals are fairly strong on others with that change you would literally be able to self heal for more than 3k/sec on a profession with high power damage mitigation and active defenses. Example EE fragments would heal you for around 3.5k each NH and envoy would heal for 4.5k-5k (and you even lowered the cost on NH….).

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

TheLastNobody.8319

This is the real problem. Ofc combined with a higher amount of cleanses and considerable increase in CC defense.

We already have some really strong active defenses. Our heals are fairly strong on others with that change you would literally be able to self heal for more than 3k/sec on a profession with high power damage mitigation and active defenses. Example EE fragments would heal you for around 3.5k each NH and envoy would heal for 4.5k-5k (and you even lowered the cost on NH….).

True the modifiers might need some adjustments, but You’d still need to go into a line and choose those specific traits, giving up whatever else salvation would give you as well as 1 of the other trait lines. Plus while you’d have a stunbreaker on a potential 2 second cooldown, it’s still 20 energy (if you implement my suggestion) or 30 if you don’t. And with all the CC people have nowadays, coupled with ventari’s lack of movement you can be focused down.

Also hope I’m not coming across as standoffish in my posts, do apologize if I do.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

True the modifiers might need some adjustments, but You’d still need to go into a line and choose those specific traits, giving up whatever else salvation would give you as well as 1 of the other trait lines. Plus while you’d have a stunbreaker on a potential 2 second cooldown, it’s still 20 energy (if you implement my suggestion) or 30 if you don’t. And with all the CC people have nowadays, coupled with ventari’s lack of movement you can be focused down.

Also hope I’m not coming across as standoffish in my posts, do apologize if I do.

You might be confusing Natural Harmony with Purifying Essence .
Ventari isn’t about self sustain, Jalis is, therefore increasing our self-sustain at the cost of our support wouldn’t be a good idea either. Before they nerfed all revenants our self sustain was about what we needed to do our job as a support/point holder in conquest. What we were missing was burst healing and reliability.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

yes all the skils needs be have a cost reduce!

in Revenant

TheLastNobody.8319

Ventari isn’t about self sustain, Jalis is, therefore increasing our self-sustain at the cost of our support wouldn’t be a good idea either. Before they nerfed all revenants our self sustain was about what we needed to do our job as a support/point holder in conquest. What we were missing was burst healing and reliability.

Eh true. I’m just gonna come out and say you’re right, my biggest peeve is just how unwieldy the tablet can be and how vulnerable ventari is to CC, plus the fact he is the majority of our cleansing.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Eh true. I’m just gonna come out and say you’re right, my biggest peeve is just how unwieldy the tablet can be and how vulnerable ventari is to CC, plus the fact he is the majority of our cleansing.

We aren’t that vulnerable to CC thanks to Unwavering Avoidance and Enhanced Bulwark, specially compared to Tempests/Druids. However like many of us stated requiring this combo is unhealthy and EB should be removed. Under these assumptions I suggested giving Purifying Essence a AoE stunbreak and a energy cost reduction (to 25).
Also to improve the tablet making tablet movement instacast seems to be a consensus.
With these changes we wouldn’t be any more vulnerable to CC than we were before patch.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

If you spam the heal and natural harmony when its off cooldown, you can sustain heal more than anything else in the game. You can stack more than 100% healing modifiers and maintain 2-3k hps + perma aoe protection indefinitely.

In no way can they buff natural harmony, unless it will somehow only affect you. Something like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Live_Vicariously

Otherwise this hps gets out of control.

edit: Also can someone tell me the reasoning behind the fragment/shard placement. I know we are suppose to support not self-sustain, but they really go out of their way to make sure no one ever picks ups any of the fragments/shards.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

If you spam the heal and natural harmony when its off cooldown, you can sustain heal more than anything else in the game. You can stack more than 100% healing modifiers and maintain 2-3k hps + perma aoe protection indefinitely.

In no way can they buff natural harmony, unless it will somehow only affect you. Something like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Live_Vicariously

edit: Also can someone tell me the reasoning behind the fragment/shard placement. I know we are suppose to support not self-sustain, but they really go out of their way to make sure no one ever picks ups any of the fragments/shards.

It seems that you lack a proper understanding of how it works “Healing modifiers” only affects others .
The counter to a Ventari revs healing is focusing on him specially with condi damage.

In theory that is, in reality our self sustain is too low to perform this job after the jan 26 nerf, also our heals aren’t reliable because of the tablets clunkyness.

While we can, in theory, achieve a 3K HPS on others our self heals are considerably lower (shield 5 was a major part of our self sustain).
If you want to compare both the druid and tempest have far stronger self heals and ,for example, Lunar Impact heals for far more (25%) than Natural Harmony while also being a blast finisher and a daze….

It’s fairly obvious to almost anyone who uses it that it needs buffs. NH being subpar is one of the reasons we can’t be taken instead of a tempest for raiding…

Also Spamming NH and ventari’s will on cooldown will leave you with no energy after 6 seconds.

BTW sorry if I’m being too combative but I’ve invested over 400h specifically in this legend and seeing it being misrepresented/destroyed makes me want to correct it.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Daniel Handler.4816

It seems that you lack a proper understanding of how it works “Healing modifiers” only affects others .
The counter to a Ventari revs healing is focusing on him specially with condi damage.

In theory that is, in reality our self sustain is too low to perform this job after the jan 26 nerf, also our heals aren’t reliable because of the tablets clunkyness.

While we can, in theory, achieve a 3K HPS on others our self heals are considerably lower (shield 5 was a major part of our self sustain).
If you want to compare both the druid and tempest have far stronger self heals and ,for example, Lunar Impact heals for far more (25%) than Natural Harmony while also being a blast finisher and a daze….

It’s fairly obvious to almost anyone who uses it that it needs buffs. NH being subpar is one of the reasons we can’t be taken instead of a tempest for raiding…

Also Spamming NH and ventari’s will on cooldown will leave you with no energy after 6 seconds.

BTW sorry if I’m being too combative but I’ve invested over 400h specifically in this legend and seeing it being misrepresented/destroyed makes me want to correct it.

I think you misundersood me. Increasing the hps for the users of ventari also increases the hps for those who are healed. You can already maintain indefinitely a 2-3k hps on others. Buffing natural harmony would only add to that. And although tempest and druid have superior self heals, and perhaps better burst, their hps on others is much lower.

Make no mistake, I love the legend, I just want people to realise the balance that comes with buffing the heals in a way that affects only the user, so to not go overboard on allies.

Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

I think you misundersood me. Increasing the hps for the users of ventari also increases the hps for those who are healed. You can already maintain indefinitely a 2-3k hps on others. Buffing natural harmony would only add to that. And although tempest and druid have superior self heals, and perhaps better burst, their hps on others is much lower.

Make no mistake, I love the legend, I just want people to realise the balance that comes with buffing the heals in a way that affects only the user, so to not go overboard on allies.

I’m fairly sure that our HPS is lower than a druids and not only that currently 30%-40% come from our regen so a NH is only 20%-30% assuming of hits in the first place… Even if you buff it be 20% it wouldn’t change our HPS by much. And like I said we have a clear counter, being focused.
BTW you can’t maintain 3k indefinitely. Please, take energy into account when doing these calculations. You’ll even find out fast that to be able to achieve our maximum HPS we have to legend swap on cooldown.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Given the fact how easy to focus Ventari is he should heal like a boss. The problem is not energy costs but the fact that Ventari heals scales too poorly to be effective. Add to that tablet being clunky as f, staff orbs being useless and you have the whole picture.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Given the fact how easy to focus Ventari is he should heal like a boss. The problem is not energy costs but the fact that Ventari heals scales too poorly to be effective. Add to that tablet being clunky as f, staff orbs being useless and you have the whole picture.

Exactly…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Daniel Handler.4816

I’m fairly sure that our HPS is lower than a druids and not only that currently 30%-40% come from our regen so a NH is only 20%-30% assuming of hits in the first place… Even if you buff it be 20% it wouldn’t change our HPS by much. And like I said we have a clear counter, being focused.
BTW you can’t maintain 3k indefinitely. Please, take energy into account when doing these calculations. You’ll even find out fast that to be able to achieve our maximum HPS we have to legend swap on cooldown.

As I said you can indefinitely maintain between 2k and 3k, not that you can indefinitely maitain the upper max, I was talking about a number between those two. Druids hps rivals ours, but only when they are in astral form.

Personally if they just changed the way the fragments popped onto the ground, we would have much more sustain, without requiring changes to out outgoing heals.

in Revenant

Daniel Handler.4816

Btw vare what is your ventari build?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Btw vare what is your ventari build?

It was retro/salvation/herald almost identical to burtniks decapper.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW8un3gmNSuQzJRboNlsP0oS4I6UJ4ENsklZlZdjQGxO6q/WNgEaA-TZRDABAcEAk4BAM/+DaVGQ+LCAA

It worked well when there weren’t double reapers and when partnered up with a druid or tempest I was nearly unkillable.
Currently nothing works because the condi pressure is way too high and almost no one is running AoE cleanses…

If you want you could try runes of the revenant or melandru in a condi heavy comp but I’m not too sure it works.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Daniel Handler.4816

Just looked at the numbers again, and realised I miscalculated duration at which you could maintain a high hps.

Right now a druid burst can be done ever 20 seconds. That burst is twice that of the healing burst a ventari can put out every 20 seconds (using all energy and then waiting 20 second to go back to full, then repeat). The sustain option for ventari heals the same over time as our burst heal. This would put the sustain option as 1/4 the druids burst.

However system is nonsense and full of contradictions.

We have a heal modifer to encourage swapping, but it directly conflicts with the one from being above the 50 energy threshold. The energy threshold one promotes you spamming the heal, however using the sustain heal will prevent you from ever activating the burst. We might use the swap modifier and attempt healing bursts from 50 each time, but we get a burst that is only marginally better than the sustain option. In fact its probably the same as the sustain option provides protection.

If we just reduced the energy on natural harmony to 10, and removed the casting time on summoning the tablet or moving the tablet, we would be set. Ventari would be over time equal to druids but still present a clear difference.

edit: need to factor in the weapon skills that heal, but rev is still at first glance still looking underpowered.

(edited by Daniel Handler.4816)

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

More than just energy reductions are needed. The delays, tiny circle and cast times are going to cripple ventari still.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Just looked at the numbers again, and realised I miscalculated duration at which you could maintain a high hps.

Right now a druid burst can be done ever 20 seconds. That burst is twice that of the healing burst a ventari can put out every 20 seconds (using all energy and then waiting 20 second to go back to full, then repeat). The sustain option for ventari heals the same over time as our burst heal. This would put the sustain option as 1/4 the druids burst.

We have a heal modifer to encourage swapping, but it directly conflicts with the one from being above the 50 energy threshold. The energy threshold one promotes you spamming the heal, however using the sustain heal will prevent you from ever activating the burst. We might use the swap modifier and attempt healing bursts from 50 each time, but we get a burst that is only marginally better than the sustain option. In fact its probably the same as the sustain option provides protection.

If we just reduced the energy on natural harmony to 10, and removed the casting time on summoning the tablet or moving the tablet, we would be set. Ventari would be over time equal to druids but still present a clear difference.

edit: need to factor in the weapon skills that heal, but rev is still at first glance still looking underpowered.

Well CA form lasts 15 seconds and can be recovered on cooldown ( 10 secs ) so it’s probably slightly worse than you modeled.
The the 50% energy one is worthless IMO it’s always better (when maximizing support /hps) to swap on cooldown since you can upkeep more boons and heal more by using shield and staff 4 while you are in glint.

IMO simply reducing the cost of NH wouldn’t be the best solution since it would lead to spam. That’s why I proposed increasing the coefficient instead ,it’s know to scale badly with healing power, doing so would give us also our much needed burst option.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Staff is suppose to be Centaur’s main weapon yet it has the highest total energy cost of any weapon as well.

Something not adding up.

in Revenant

Daniel Handler.4816

Staff is suppose to be Centaur’s main weapon yet it has the highest total energy cost of any weapon as well.

Something not adding up.

It is a 2handed weapon with more utilty than hammer, and lower energy costs than the total of the sword/shield set. You also have to balance for casting time to pip regen, as a skill with a casting time of 1 and energy cost of 10 has effectively no cost when at full pips.

in Revenant

Daniel Handler.4816

Well CA form lasts 15 seconds and can be recovered on cooldown ( 10 secs ) so it’s probably slightly worse than you modeled.
The the 50% energy one is worthless IMO it’s always better (when maximizing support /hps) to swap on cooldown since you can upkeep more boons and heal more by using shield and staff 4 while you are in glint.

IMO simply reducing the cost of NH wouldn’t be the best solution since it would lead to spam. That’s why I proposed increasing the coefficient instead ,it’s know to scale badly with healing power, doing so would give us also our much needed burst option.

I modeled druid with that in mind.

And I agree with you. The best options at the moment are increasing the heal on NH and giving a stunbreak to PE.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

^This. If we must keep the high energy costs, and I think we should because it promotes more skilled play, then the skills themselves need a much more meaningful punch to them. Otherwise you get this:
“incoming large hit- move tablet, prepare for heal spike…..tablet in place in advance, natural harmony healing incoming….????…where’s my healing?!?” Assuming you timed it with goldy precision and the cast time didn’t fail you, the overall healing from the skills is “meh” at best. The elite skill is really the only good part of all the skills imo, ok and protective solace but I still think the cancel skill for protective solace could use some function other than “off switch”. They missed a huge opportunity there. I would love to see some small energy return or at least some increased energy regen pips for a short duration after cancel.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Also guys, on top of Druid out-classing Ventari in a healing scenario, recall that they can also buff up the group’s damage by quite a good amount.

I think buffing Ventari in some way is completely necessary, but Ventari is going to need some sort of extra support outside of healing to be considered at all.
No group would ever drop a Druid in a raid and no group wants two healers, so I think Ventari Revs need something extra.
Facet of Nature and Protection are nice, but again, I don’t think switching your Power Rev to a Ventari Healer (and/or dropping Druid) will be considered for Raids and the Protection can already be covered by Hammer Guard + Power Revenant.

Sorry if someone has already mentioned something like this, but I think it needs some consideration. A pure healer, even if it heals more than Druid, just wont cut it in Raids, at least not right now.

in Revenant

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Perhaps if one of the Ventari skills also gave Aegis to affected allies? Or Swiftness (which would also help non-Heralds in PvE)?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver