rev shield trait suggestion

in Revenant

Posted by: devilion.8947

devilion.8947

Hello there!
Since i see rev lacks condi cleanse, how about give some love with shield.
First of all, my suggestion is to swap this trait:soothing bastion (get shield 5 when 25% or lower) with this: shield cd reduced by 20%+ shield abilities cleanse 1 condi, which means shield 4 cleanses 1 condi and shield 5 pulses cleanse condi per pulse.
If this sounds too op, why not increase shield cds a bit, for example 5 sec or something like that.
In conclusion what u think people?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Rev lacks condition cleanse by design, so I don’t see that happening, especially per pulse on shield 5. I prefer the existing trait to your suggestion. Moreover, shield skill cooldowns have already been increased, and increasing them further to justify a cooldown reduction sounds awful, making shield far less effective without the trait.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’d like them to first repair our dear Vampiric Bastion to increase boon duration, then we might suggest further changes.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Well I do agree that the trait needs changes crystal hibernation is too effective against bad players and useless against good. The passive bonus should stay however and condi cleanse shouldn’t be add to glint, Ventari however should probably have some more.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

To be honest, I don’t think shield needs a buff. The other offhand weapons are pretty weak in comparison.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Rev lacks condition cleanse by design, so I don’t see that happening, especially per pulse on shield 5. I prefer the existing trait to your suggestion. Moreover, shield skill cooldowns have already been increased, and increasing them further to justify a cooldown reduction sounds awful, making shield far less effective without the trait.

Just wanted to say the shield skills are pretty pathetic for their cooldowns. Skill 4 shield gives 3 seconds of prot and does not heal you unless you aim it right next to you (because it heals where it reverses back). Skill 5 forces your character to stop moving, which in wvw or pvp is pretty much suicide.

With condi cleanse, making them not be able to do this by design is so very dumb. Condition damage is right now the most powerful form of damage in the game which can be seen by the builds people now run. They are easy to apply, burning does a godly amount of damage, and everything now stacks. Condi also ignores toughness and armor making tank builds useless to condi. Poison also makes healing skill 33% less effective. No profession can afford to go without condition cleanse available.

As of now the only worth while forms of condi cleanse for pvp or wvw is Jalis healing skill and going maylyx which gives you the resistance boon (which technically speaking isn’t a cleanse). This means you are forced to go into one of these stances if you want to survive. All a mesmer has to do is apply several stacks of confusion and torment, go invisible and wait for you to kill yourself.