separate Stances used while underwater

in Revenant

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

It sucks, but whenever I go underwater I end up only having one Stance available because the one of the Stances I’m using on land is unavailable. Since the choices are limited while underwater, why not just keep the selected Stances underwater to be… underwater? I mean, they did that with Utilities after all.

in Revenant

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

+1

/fifteen chars

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

in Revenant

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

^ Can’t agree more on this!

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Revenant

Ookamikun.6472

Is Glint terrestial only? I haven’t unlocked Herald on my Revenant.

If so, they might as well just stick Assassin and Demon for underwater.

in Revenant

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

+1
It’s pretty clear that ANet doesn’t care about underwater combat anymore.

The Revenant has only one type of underwater weapon (spear with ranged attacks merged into melee) and most of the utility skills (all but Assassin and Demon) don’t work underwater. This is sad enough.

Every other profession has a dedicated set of underwater utility skills. Mainly because the problem that some skills don’t work underwater isn’t new.

Further gimping Revenant’s underwater combat by not supporting a dedicated underwater set of stances is a slap into the face. There isn’t even a choice because only 2 out of 5 stances support underwater combat.

I hope that this is just an oversight of the devs that had to rush some (not so important) stuff in order to meet the HoT release date and it will we fixed asap.

(edited by xlion.3065)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Ah, there is one. So yeah, this needs fixing.

There is already a fix for all of the individual powers from each set that don’t work.

Grenades has the fix for Glint. Spirits has the fix for Ventari. Jalis I’m not sure about.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Revenant

Ookamikun.6472

Also yeah why is there weapon swap on a character that only has one underwater weapon?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

If they’re not going to make it so Glint, Jalis, and Ventari work under water then I agree there needs to be separate stances for underwater.

JALIS
Inspiring Reinforcements: Create a flow of water in the direction you’re facing with same effect as Inspiring Reinforcements.

GLINT
Elemental Blast: Create AOE blast cone on selected target identical to one above. Can change burning to Blind because of the Steam (or don’t, whatever).

VENTARI
Tablet: Summons Tablet into World that is stationary.
Tablet Alternative: Makes Tablet travel to Revenant pulling it to them healing all on the path it travels.

There ya go. All other conflicts solved of making them all work underwater.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Also yeah why is there weapon swap on a character that only has one underwater weapon?

2 weapons that have different stats and sigils that is why.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele