shield + blind

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

what do u guys thing about adding a blind to envoy of exuberance … blind foes and protect allies

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Doesn’t matter if the block is still stationary. There’s a reason nobody uses it.

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

The skill he means is the shield throw, where it heals and gives protection to you and your allies… Not Crystal Hibernation, the immobile block.

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: Vena.4276

Vena.4276

Doesn’t matter if the block is still stationary. There’s a reason nobody uses it.

wut lol? people still do use CH.

Shabulu
Ferocious Arsenal of Resolve [FEAR]

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

What I mean is people don’t use shield so it doesn’t matter how you change shield 4 so long as shield 5 is bad.

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: Crackers.9628

Crackers.9628

What I mean is people don’t use shield so it doesn’t matter how you change shield 4 so long as shield 5 is bad.

uhh shield is meta in pvp.

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Even axe has a better use, check Frost.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Eve axe has a better use, check Frost.

shield is meta in pvp

M I L K B O I S

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i think shield is very strong for tablet player in WvW

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: Vena.4276

Vena.4276

there’s a reason why shield is meta.

Shabulu
Ferocious Arsenal of Resolve [FEAR]

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

There’s also a reason why it’s despised by a lot of revenant players, multiple really. It being the meta choice doesn’t matter when you get slapped with every unblockable there is because you can’t move. I dropped it and it’s much easier to work without in most situations for PvP.

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

There’s also a reason why it’s despised by a lot of revenant players, multiple really. It being the meta choice doesn’t matter when you get slapped with every unblockable there is because you can’t move. I dropped it and it’s much easier to work without in most situations for PvP.

I used to hate it, but I’ve been running Sage hybrid this season and it feels much, much stronger. A little bit of healing power goes a long way and CH synergies really well with Mallyx skills to hold down pressure on a point.

But yeah, I mean, don’t rely on it to save you when you’re 1v1’ing a power warrior… You can troll most of them hard once per game though by popping CH earlyish in the fight, and then Gaze of Darkness blinding after they pop signet and try to headbutt you, leaving them w/o adrenaline for the early portion of the fight.

In team fights it’s sort of a mixed bag, it’s never worth full channeling except against very rare fights where there’s not a power war/necro/DH at (or if you’re crazy good at tracking multiple people’s cool downs), but you can still use it to block key skills and then prematurely end it… It’s not like the awful traited version where you’re locked into it for the full duration. And shield 4 is still strong in every team fight—the OP’s original suggestion of it getting blind would only add to that.

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

The trick is to cancel it in most cases I think. It’s far from a useless skill. The shield toss could be a little faster though.

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

The trick is to cancel it in most cases I think. It’s far from a useless skill. The shield toss could be a little faster though.

I have been doing this but 25 seconds is not really a short cool down for something u are just going to cancel after a second of using it

shield + blind

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

I have been doing this but 25 seconds is not really a short cool down for something u are just going to cancel after a second of using it

Shield 5 is one of the highest energy costing skills, 20 energy, and has the single longest cooldown of any weapon skill for revenant, 25 seconds. Canceling it can save you, yes, but for something that expensive, you shouldn’t have to cancel it when what you get from it is so lackluster.

shield + blind

in Revenant

Krysard.1364

Shield 5 is one of the highest energy costing skills, 20 energy, and has the single longest cooldown of any weapon skill for revenant, 25 seconds. Canceling it can save you, yes, but for something that expensive, you shouldn’t have to cancel it when what you get from it is so lackluster.

You dont have to cancel it if you use it when you know there are no unblockables running around (eg when necro enters shroud)

M I L K B O I S

shield + blind

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

A necro can have unblockables in shroud if he casts the shout that makes all attacks unblockable before he enters it. There is no way of getting around the ridiculous amount of unblockable attacks in the game at the moment, and shield 5 is a good way of advertising that you’re a great target for them.

shield + blind

in Revenant

Krysard.1364

A necro can have unblockables in shroud if he casts the shout that makes all attacks unblockable before he enters it. There is no way of getting around the ridiculous amount of unblockable attacks in the game at the moment, and shield 5 is a good way of advertising that you’re a great target for them.

Then the necro is running a subpar build(unless gvg, where sword/shield is not even played). I play rev daily and I have problems with unblockables one out of ten times I block. Just use it to block an attack that is not unblockable, no big magic here

M I L K B O I S

shield + blind

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

Then the necro is running a subpar build(unless gvg, where sword/shield is not even played). I play rev daily and I have problems with unblockables one out of ten times I block. Just use it to block an attack that is not unblockable, no big magic here

You’re missing the point, which is that shield 5 is a rather subpar skill for the amount of resources it demands, time before it is usable again, and the risk involved with it to utilize its full effect.

Offhand sword offers a block with, in my opinion, much better utility than shield, in that it is mobile, costs far less energy, has roughly half the cooldown rate, offers an immobilizing chain, and a bit of damage on said extension while sacrificing the healing of shield 5 that I personally don’t find worth it.

Ignoring outside influences, like unblockables, I think offhand sword has the better block than shield in its current state, and I don’t think a change to shield 4 will change this.

shield + blind

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Shield isn’t really as important due is a spec weapon, and as soon as the next spec arrives Glint and shield will probably rest obsolete for at least 6-18 months, as happened with the core builds. And I say this a a player which waste time crafting the Flameseeker.