simple fix to hammer skills

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

hi ppl

so here are my simple fix to hammer skill (mainly pvp)

so i compare hammer cross the board

warrior and guardian have skills cd reduced. so should revenant so give us a trait please

yes rev hammer is range but too slow
warrior and guard is 0.5 sec while rev is 1 sec thus so easy to avoid at all. i say make it a chain attack of 3 each is 0.5 sec reduce dmg to 400 each or compare it to any other range weapon with 0.75 sec.

field of the mist should be reflect to put some pressure.

drop the hammer should be 0.75 sec

now warrior and guard cause they are melee have ways to self sustain in melee (healing, aegis, dmg mitigation etc..)
rev has none.

i say

hammer AA should proc weakness for 2 sec, AA2 proc might for 5 sec, AA3 proc retaliation for 2 sec

coalescence of ruin should proc cripple to make it harder to reach you. blast finisher

phase smash should prolong the chill to 3 sec and should be leap finisher

the finisher should work with the dark field you proc with field of the mist

and if you want to make it interesting make field of the mist smoke field so rev can proc stealth for disengage abilities

in Revenant

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

What you ask is to be the ultimate ranged profession, but it is not revs job. Hammer is ok except the camera bug. Hammer 2 is more powerful than any other ranged attack in my opinion. Other skills are ok ish. Problem is legends themselves.

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Phase Smash procing field of the mists would be nice.
Drop the hammer causing chill would be cool.

Hammer/staff rev is like a staff ele with daredevil attacking evades and dh blocking. Hardly something to complain about.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

What you ask is to be the ultimate ranged profession, but it is not revs job. Hammer is ok except the camera bug. Hammer 2 is more powerful than any other ranged attack in my opinion. Other skills are ok ish. Problem is legends themselves.

not ultimate just par with other range weapon.
hammer 2 i just add cripple to it.

even if they fix all legends hammer still wont be usable

in Revenant

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Friend, hammer is really useful. You can do extraordinary things with hammer 3, lifesteal machine gun with hammer 4 + shiro heal. Auto attack deals massive damage. If they add cripple to hammer 2, 2 revs will be really troublesome. But I am no rev expert, and my play time is not that much. So maybe what I think is not the best option All in all I think revenant is not a real profession but a beta test that anet forgot to fix.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

All in all I think revenant is not a real profession but a beta test that anet forgot to fix.

You deserve a cookie

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Justine.6351

I use hammer exclusively for wvw and non-raid pve.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

Friend, hammer is really useful. You can do extraordinary things with hammer 3, lifesteal machine gun with hammer 4 + shiro heal. Auto attack deals massive damage. If they add cripple to hammer 2, 2 revs will be really troublesome. But I am no rev expert, and my play time is not that much. So maybe what I think is not the best option All in all I think revenant is not a real profession but a beta test that anet forgot to fix.

life steal you mean 2 while the AA is avoidable just by strafe left and right

in Revenant

messiah.1908

and i want it to pvp aswell …

in Revenant

Justine.6351

You can/I have, but I’m not really sure why you would use hammer over sword/x & staff.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

You can/I have, but I’m not really sure why you would use hammer over sword/x & staff.

because i want the possibility the variety and the fun not to pushed for only 1 build 1 weapon set

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

I honestly dont think Hammer is that bad off.

Hammer AA can be strafed, but it does cleave iirc, and its a guaranteed projectile finisher

Hammer 2 hits hard at max range and smacks multiple targets

Hammer 3 is a bit of a weird case. Honestly if it Crippled/Chilled on hit that would be enough of a buff. If it had to be reworked, I’d say to either make the attack deploy an after-image while the user does a short evade backwards or throw a hammer that functions the same but pulses Cripple/Chill for a short time to go with the Area Denial theme.

Hammer 4 is fine and works well with the AA

Hammer 5 is sorta situational, but its some CC/Area Denial. Might be better if it were a tad faster, but it seems decent as is.

in Revenant

Posted by: Thermaltron.6829

Thermaltron.6829

It would be nice if Hammer 2 could double hit targets in PvE again. I always found it rewarding to find that sweet spot on targets when doing events.

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Personally i thibk hammer could benefit from a smoke field on hammer 4 (would give group utility and some utility in pvp). A leap finisher on hammer 3 would be nice indeed and is kinda missing on the skill.
I would also like the possibility to weaponswap during hammer 5, but this could be only in PvE because of cancelling in PvP.
Double hit on hammer 2 in PvE would be very nice indeed.
Mainly i think hammer is decent and sword is the only real lackluster weapon (this is off topic though) but still hammer could need some improvements.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

ranger has better range dmg , stealth, fast cc skills and faster AA
so ultimate i guess no but useable maybe yes

rev in pvp dont have range option which is shame