support revenant build and ideas [videos]

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

first short clips from hotjoin (easy to show the pros of this build)

ok lets discuss it:

we want to compare it to the ele shouts build.

heal abilities – as you can see natural harmony out heal the ele shouts heals and on short cool down. passive heal from PT, and fragment which heal 1.5k on every skill is nice buff. downside your team or you must take it during 5 sec cd. but nevertheless revenant has the best heal skills out there. dont forget the staff AA orbs which heal also and give swiftness and regen.

conditions – ele can cleanse much better as evey shout cleanse 2 conditions and overload water is nice burst cleanse and heal compare to revenant best self resistance. while PE which cleanse 3 and staff RW which cleanse 2 at the cost of 40 nrg.

protection – win to the revenant heal skill , one with nature, and EoE skill.

soft cc – ele win here with chill, immobilize and cripple. rev has chill with sword but hardly use but has nice aoe blind with heal skill which can be spammable.

hard cc – rev win here with staff SotM kb , DS daze, and ventari EE kb. compare to the ele 40 sec and 25 sec cd and shocking aura.

remove boons – rev win here with passive traits and active demon skill BE

projectile – rev win but be careful with nrg management so use it on key moments.

alacrity – new buff which is nice mainly for self to reduce cd on shield skills.

micro management – here rev loss as he needs to move the tablet around while he think where he needs to be. the best case is your allies move around you. but you can also heal from range and send your tablet to the area needed before you reach there.
also nrg management is something you need to learn and i think has bit hard curve of learning. even i struggle sometimes while ele in 1v2 can do better.

DEV TEAM:

what can be change to make the support revenant more appealing (and other builds too) ?

nrg management :

i think like thief has ways to increase his initiative points revenant should too.

so in every trait line put on minor trait the ability to get some back.

corruption – opportune extraction – when you remove a boon from foe you get 10% nrg back (work only with this trait)
salvation – serene rejuvenation – when you get alacrity you also regen nrg 10% faster,
dragon – crystal harbinger – when you use one with nature you get 10% nrg back,
retribution – determine resolution – when you take dmg below 75% you get 0.5% nrg back
invocation – ferocious aggression – while you have fury you get 0.5% nrg back
devastation – mutilate defenses – striking a foe give chance to apply vulnerability and get 2 nrg back

condition cleanse:

we need more ability to cleanse condition effectively with weapon skills.

shield – envoy of exuberance should cleanse 2 conditions at target area and 2 more when it comes back

axe off hand – temporal rift – when the rift collapse it cleanse 3 conditions form allies around it

dwarf stance:
vengeful hammers – increase dmg by 10% and healing scale so with mender every attack could heal 160 and not 63 . increase nrg drain to -10.
soothing stone reduce cd to 20 sec,
IR – nrg cost reduced to 25,
FE – nrg cost reduce to 20

hope you like this guys (and devs)

in Revenant

messiah.1908

another vid from 2 unranked fights

have fun

in Revenant

Posted by: Siphon.8405

Siphon.8405

very good video and build. I will be giving this a try as my ventari rev is my new favorite class. I have yet to try it in PvP though.

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

Good video, thanks for sharing. I’m just now trying out Ventari Rev in PvP and so far it’s pretty interesting.

FYI, your second video was blocked due to copyright issues, so I can’t watch it.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

messiah.1908

Good video, thanks for sharing. I’m just now trying out Ventari Rev in PvP and so far it’s pretty interesting.

FYI, your second video was blocked due to copyright issues, so I can’t watch it.

thanks is cause of the music in some countries it gets blocked . mainly i did the same tactics . 1v1 till thief or another +1 came to fast finish. it show versus condi rev and condi ranger 1v1 its easy.
also when we did me and thief versus ele and guard we lost (i scream to the necro to switch with the thief but he didnt listen) but when it was engi and me versus the ele and guard we won. so its all about rotations and good mach-ups.

in Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Do you have a link to the build?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

in Revenant

messiah.1908

another short tutorial for ppl new to ventari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYlkHI4uX5A&feature=youtu.be

in Revenant

messiah.1908

light field – idea

protective solace is light field which is great
we have 1 blast finisher with staff which cleanse by itself 2 condition and another 1 with the combo blast

what if the staff AA #3 would be blast and not whirl attack. it would mean the we could combo self cleanse which enhance ventari. (i dont like projectile finisher as cleanse as it too random like whirl) and the cost of the nrg from solace wont make it spammable as you wont be able to focus on cleanse and heal at the same time.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

playing with ideas here

retaliation – grab jalis and retribution with nrg sigils and start have fun with 60%-70% uptime with retaliation ….(fyi lots of micromanaging)

want to support with boons also. 15-21 might stacks, regeneration, protection, fury and swiftness check this video out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIsjpfAx98g
have fun

in Revenant

messiah.1908

another short video after few questions i have being ask mainly to compare support revenant to ranger and ele
support revenant reasons why