that's its ventari is useless

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

it looks like they are trying to make it into a healing, all betas im tring this staff ventari heal, its bad
the the amounth of healing is low
the casting time is too long
the tablet healing skill is horrible alweys was alweys will be even with rune of altruism

revamp everything
tablet is to slow, cuz of cd it cant keep up with me skills cost to much i cant use weapons and ventari the amount is horrible im cleric,
i move my tablet slowly to a dying enemy while also casting another slow skill and its loooooooow

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

If they increased the area of effect from 240 to something larger I would argue differently, but with its small aoe I find glints regeneration (was healing at 500+/s) to heal almost just as much. Because your party is dodging/moving and most the heals aren’t hitting.

-The one thing it does have going for it is the almost permanent projectile block. (I will admit to that much)

in Revenant

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

I agree that Glint’s regeneration with healing traits / gear provides better healing than the entire Centaur stance, due to uptime.

Regeneration healing uptime = 100%.
Tablet healing uptime = way less %.

Running Dragon Stance provides access to better throughput and more utility.

I really love the playstyle of Centaur stance – managing the tablet is fun – but it needs some quality of life improvements and number tweaks. Increasing range and cast speed on the tablet is a good place to start.

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Well, for one, the staff and the Legend are two separate concepts despite them being introduced at the same time.

Ventari plays well. It’s one of those Legends where micro-managing can either save you or kill you. I’ll admit that my first mistake was trying to play the healer role by chasing everyone down with the tablet. Not only did I end up missing half the time (either I was too slow, or the team member ended moving), but it was exhausting my energy.

The two saving graces are it on-demand projectile control (that’s mobile) and the condi-cleanse. Even when not spec’d for healing power the healing potential was decent, and there’s cheap synergy for high protection uptime with Protection on Heal from Glint. The healing on Ventari felt more worthwhile for healing over time. Trying to heal someone up from critical to full was impractical even when fully spec’d for healing.

Overall, Ventari does well as a secondary healer, but the Legend felt no where near being a primary healer. Though, that’s not a role I expected Ventari to play to begin with is probably why I don’t share the same level of disappointment.

in Revenant

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I think it’d be pretty strong if the tablet moving skill was instant cast so it doesn’t interrupt your skills.

in Revenant

Shiro Tegachii.5619

i just also noticed that glints regeneration from healing skill is higher then ventari’s tablet which is meh

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

i just also noticed that glints regeneration from healing skill is higher then ventari’s tablet which is meh

I checked on that the numbers with how much the regen heals are the exact same but ventaris application is 2 seconds at a 3 second interval. Plus if any allies aren’t near the tablet they don’t get that interval.. Its just overall less then a perma guaranteed regen (plus you get access to other boons). If the healing and aoe was increased then I would probably use this legend aside from just projectile blocks.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Yes, but regeneration stacks duration. Ventari’s heal is vastly more powerful in the presence of another regeneration source.

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

So you’re saying there are 2 revs in party and one is already in glint spamming regeneration? Then yes I completely agree Ventari would heal more because an extra regeneration would do nothing. But thats kind of like saying a warrior running phalanx for might stacking is worthless (but only if there is already a warrior doing it). I guess I just dont understand the logic?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

So you’re saying there are 2 revs in party and one is already in glint spamming regeneration? Then yes I completely agree Ventari would heal more because an extra regeneration would do nothing. But thats kind of like saying a warrior running phalanx for might stacking is worthless (but only if there is already a warrior doing it). I guess I just dont understand the logic?

There are MANY sources of regeneration in the game.

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

There are MANY sources of regeneration in the game.

There are MANY sources of might in the game.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

it looks like they are trying to make it into a healing, all betas im tring this staff ventari heal, its bad
the tablet healing skill is horrible alweys was alweys will be even with rune of altruism

revamp everything
tablet is to slow, cuz of cd it cant keep up with me skills cost to much i cant use weapons and ventari the amount is horrible im cleric,
i move my tablet slowly to a dying enemy while also casting another slow skill and its loooooooow

… Troll Post is Troll? Grammar? English? What in the nine hell did I just read?

Got pics? Video? Numbers? Math? Anything other then a rage post about your personal feelings?

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

in Revenant

Posted by: karulegend.4960

karulegend.4960

Interesting post, but generally correct. Ventari is pretty horrible currently. Great design, but needs a lot of tweaks. Slow, small radius, not much of a heal, with a long cast time and high energy costs. Simply not worth it especially in a game like Guild Wars 2 that is designed around fast combat with lots of movement.

in Revenant

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

If you don’t have to move, you can just keep moving the tablet under yourself for significant self-healing while getting aoe protection (herald trait) and aoe regeneration (salvation trait) and dropping an extra heal thingy nearby (salvation trait). And those boons can be kept up permanently if you are also running the herald’s +50% boon duration.

Actually manipulating it to heal allies that need healing is awkward and it can be counterproductive… you send the tablet someplace to heal someone, and they miss the tablet heal because they moved out of the way to go pick up one of the glowing fragments it just made from the move before.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

The only use I really see it being of use is PVE.

in Revenant

Posted by: Tolfast.6289

Tolfast.6289

I would be happy if the radius was a bit bigger and the move tablet skill made instacast so I can use it while stomping.

in Revenant

Shiro Tegachii.5619

revamp everything

… Troll Post is Troll? Grammar? English? What in the nine hell did I just read?

Got pics? Video? Numbers? Math? Anything other then a rage post about your personal feelings?

im sorry but not every 1 lives in Murica and has perfect english, if u didnt play the beta or didnt try the revenant its too much to explain to you, and i am not raging im disapointed cuz its extremly fun but its so bad

in Revenant

Shiro Tegachii.5619

i big thing i want, is Ventari’s will not to have a CD this will not be op, people said it will cuz i would be able to spam that on me, but the healing isnt that high and it does cost energy no 1 will use ventari just for the heal if they are zerk

in Revenant

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

It’s difficult to see the use in game for a skill that can sustain a player in lava. Perhaps wvw when under siege fire.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.