unyielding anguish super bugged/op

in Revenant

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

The displacement skill is going through stability. It fits perfectly over a capture point in pvp. And it allows you to move people in the down state similar to them being launched? Is this intended? It was fun while I was testing it but locking down a point for 8 seconds seems a little to much.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hikikomori.9753

Hikikomori.9753

While I found emasculating bunker guards and making their complete existence worthless super fun with unyielding anguish, it is a tad overpowered while it ignores stability. Love the utility it has in securing and stopping reses.

in Revenant

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I think going through stability is a bug but that’s probably it. Its a strong skill for certain though. Most hard CC’s are.

Maguuma Guardian

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

It’s not a bug. I think it’s intended. As for balance issues. Idk where I stand on this. I love being able to push people off point with it. I consider it similar to on par with minion master necro or turret engies. It’s easy point capture. However, a true bunker Revenant who can be unkillable and just constantly spam that skill might be too broken.

You can simply make stability give you immunity to it but idk. I think displacement is supposed to be one of Revenant’s main unique mechanics and that port on down state is supposed to let you stop a stomp guaranteed similar to thief stealth, mesmer stealth, and ele mist form.

Personally, I think just increase the interval at which players get ported slightly OR the energy cost to use it so you can’t just spam it non stop. I really think it should be able to bypass stability though as in a fight, it’s not THAT poweful. Just annoying.

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Unyelding Anguish is super OP, yep, im running with a soldier build decapping everything easy… Maybe doing so when you stand inside the AoE you cannot capture points, like with other skills?

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

This skill can move unmoveable foes such as the wurms in Twilight arbor…

The shielded wardens in twilight arbor (which moves them AND their defensive bubbles, potentially making it so nobody can enter the bubble through a portal)

Aldus Stormbringer in Hotw p1 (the boss that stands in one spot on the steps)

etc.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

This works with any displacement skill in the game, not just Unyielding Anguish.

Also you can’t spam it “non stop” as it does have a fairly hefty 35 energy cost.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Unyelding Anguish is super OP, yep, im running with a soldier build decapping everything easy… Maybe doing so when you stand inside the AoE you cannot capture points, like with other skills?

No. Because then it can be used against your own team.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Hahaha, trying this out, even when the fix stab, it will still be OP. Decap rev. will be worse than decap engie: low skill, just spamming survival skills and knockbacks. If you are good with timing, you can almost completely lock out all melee damage by just standing there. Now combine this with high uptime of hard projectile hate on hammer….Hahahaha.

Honestly, the skill shouldn’t create a pulsing field. It should just displace people once but have a lower energy cost.

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

You can use Shadow Refuge or Mass Invisibility against your team too

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Are you sure it’s going through stability or its just eating it up? I’ve put down some UA and the enemy didn’t move.

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Maybe someone had Devastation Trait Dismantle Defenses or something? It removes 2 stacks of stability or 1 stack of stability + goes through with CC. With multiple displacements + this it would actually rather easily destroy enemy stability.

That trait is really good for removing stability. Sword/Axe #5 to remove 2 stacks, Jade Winds for 2 stacks, Unyielding Anguish from mallyx 2 stacks per pulse and so on.

in Revenant

JoshuaRAWR.4653

You can use Shadow Refuge or Mass Invisibility against your team too

Shadow Refuge and Mass Invisibility aren’t Spammable, and one you can walk out of to break the stealth it gives.

in Revenant

Posted by: Psychopath.9740

Psychopath.9740

Yes, because with Revenant and it’s current energy problems you sure can “spam” unyielding anguish… two casts max, and then you need to wait asslong time.. more if you have full energy bar but for that you need to sit on your energy and basicalyl just autoattack and be sitting duck.. it just shows how people think when they say it is “spammable and op/broken” and geez.. unyielding anguish can eat trought your puny stack of 5 stability easily, even more so when you use the trait that removes 2 stakcs of stability and not one. If you do have 10 stacks of stability, it takes a while and stability works so it is not bugged.

in Revenant

Posted by: Damas.2365

Damas.2365

I just was doing TA run with 2 revenants using this skill and was going to post about it but im just going to write it here, as its not only pvp problem.

Unyielding Anguish is ignoring immunity of some mobs to pushes, like the wurms at the start of TA (champion was flying all over the place so were the elite ones) or elite archers at forward path, even those in bubbles. Other class pushes, like elementalist Gust, doesnt work on them why should this work, its anoying and well yeah broken.

Attachments:

(edited by Damas.2365)

in Revenant

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Yes, because with Revenant and it’s current energy problems you sure can “spam” unyielding anguish… two casts max, and then you need to wait asslong time.. more if you have full energy bar but for that you need to sit on your energy and basicalyl just autoattack and be sitting duck.. it just shows how people think when they say it is “spammable and op/broken” and geez.. unyielding anguish can eat trought your puny stack of 5 stability easily, even more so when you use the trait that removes 2 stakcs of stability and not one. If you do have 10 stacks of stability, it takes a while and stability works so it is not bugged.

If you’re at 100 energy upon casting it, yeah you can get quite a few off.

I kept a point uncappable for nearly 20 seconds on my own with Unyielding Anguish.

And the whole point of decapping isn’t to kill someone, it’s to prevent the point from being capped, so yeah, if you’re “autoattacking and being a sitting duck” i can see how it won’t work, but this is what you do.

You throw Unyielding Anguish on someone, whatever direction they’re teleported to, you run to the opposite, and just keep replacing UA on the point once it expires, they’ll get on the point every now and then, but you can still (if you’re not an idiot and mindlessly spam 4 UA’s on top of one another) keep a point uncappable for quite a while.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dstroya.6705

Dstroya.6705

Well, it seems to ignore stab BUT anyone can blink/shadow-step into the field and it won’t remove them. There’s your counter-play Most likely they are both bugs.

Players Killing Players [PVP] – Fort Aspenwood

in Revenant

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

Not to be rude or anything, but Unyielding Anguish is at best annoying and sometimes situational set up for another skill/move, it’s nice to move enemies when they’re trying to res them, but if you displace a foe while an ally is channeling a stomp if the bar isn’t at halfway you’ll actually help your foe, it does help to decap but it’s far from being OP, it’s easily counterable you just need to avoid the purple haze circle that is at the landing location of the revenant, think about it like a well, all of you just fought people with no actual knowledge of the skill usage, if you get displaced then you just try to disengage until the skill goes off, if a revenant leaps it’s either Unrelenting Assault or Unyielding Anguish, you just dodge/blind and are easily countered, also the energy costs are kittenedly high, if you get displaced wait for 1-2 skills then burst the revenant, it’ll have no energy to counter you fast enough and survive. In PvE if you go and use it without communicating to your party you’ll just be flamed on, I can’t wait to see how annoyed people get on open world because of revenants going nuts using this to move bosses around.