ventari changes - lets check it out

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

hi guys

so ventari got (some call it a buff) unique change to his elite

now it aoe cleanse 1 condition for every 10 nrg you lost

downside – you remain with 0 nrg….

so its strong aoe cleanse combine with purifine essence which cleanse 3 condition aoe

so i dueled a bit versus condi warrior and mesmer.

yes it strong cleanse

BUT

you must prepare your rotation right

you cannot spamm it in pvp like we used too as now the kb to control point is bit useless cause you have now 3 different reason why to use the skill and 0 nrg left to self sustain

1. heal fragment on poiny – i wish ppl would notice them common 1.8k heal each
2. condi cleanse (mainly versus necro and now revenenat torment aoe) – 240r so ppl need to be near the tablet so again area observesion
3. kb ress stomp, control point

the zero nrg minimize your decision making alot as its hard to build nrg and when you use it you probably must change legend to gain 50% nrg back

the trick here is to survive without nrg till you build 30% back

to do so you must practice. save endurance so you can dodge twice when needed. use blind with staff, evade with sword 3,

or choose your other legend right

mallyx – versus high condi pressure and good boon removal and aoe effects
jalis – aoe reduce dmg (condi also) , stability mainly
dragon – panic botton with heal skill and boon sharing – can be problematic if enemy stop attacking you. but if you codi bomb you will heal nevertheless

so after ele got nerfed a bit , not that it would change their meta build at all

no water sigil or renewal – so less healing
5 more secodn on healing skill
1 sec less in armor so less free stomp or ress by ele.
but better elite skill which can heal about 5k if you take fatal dmg

if we compare rev to ele now:
revenant has now better way to handle aoe conditions versus the ele ( but 240r… versus 600r ele shouts)
rev has better healing burst 240r versus 180r ele heal skill or shout 600

rev still got less sustain and no panic bottons like ele do

so does the healing, blind can sustain revenant more when all classes got bit less dmg and sustain ????

i took ventari/mallyx – had fun with it. mallyx now offer more wyas to pressure with mace 2 poison so even with no condi dmg i got about 1k condi dmg from tormemt, poison and burning on point so overall more dps.
i took ventari/jalis – nice ress/stomp ability with 70% less dmg taken and stability
i took ventari/ dragon – for me big no. ppl know how to handle dragon skills and you can share boons might swiftness regen and protection with others legends and thier heal skill is better

so what you guys say

should we give ventari another try or not?

in Revenant

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

hi guys

so ventari got (some call it a buff) unique change to his elite

now it aoe cleanse 1 condition for every 10 nrg you lost

downside – you remain with 0 nrg….

so its strong aoe cleanse combine with purifine essence which cleanse 3 condition aoe

so i dueled a bit versus condi warrior and mesmer.

yes it strong cleanse

BUT

you must prepare your rotation right

you cannot spamm it in pvp like we used too as now the kb to control point is bit useless cause you have now 3 different reason why to use the skill and 0 nrg left to self sustain

1. heal fragment on poiny – i wish ppl would notice them common 1.8k heal each
2. condi cleanse (mainly versus necro and now revenenat torment aoe) – 240r so ppl need to be near the tablet so again area observesion
3. kb ress stomp, control point

the zero nrg minimize your decision making alot as its hard to build nrg and when you use it you probably must change legend to gain 50% nrg back

the trick here is to survive without nrg till you build 30% back

to do so you must practice. save endurance so you can dodge twice when needed. use blind with staff, evade with sword 3,

or choose your other legend right

mallyx – versus high condi pressure and good boon removal and aoe effects
jalis – aoe reduce dmg (condi also) , stability mainly
dragon – panic botton with heal skill and boon sharing – can be problematic if enemy stop attacking you. but if you codi bomb you will heal nevertheless

so after ele got nerfed a bit , not that it would change their meta build at all

no water sigil or renewal – so less healing
5 more secodn on healing skill
1 sec less in armor so less free stomp or ress by ele.
but better elite skill which can heal about 5k if you take fatal dmg

if we compare rev to ele now:
revenant has now better way to handle aoe conditions versus the ele ( but 240r… versus 600r ele shouts)
rev has better healing burst 240r versus 180r ele heal skill or shout 600

rev still got less sustain and no panic bottons like ele do

so does the healing, blind can sustain revenant more when all classes got bit less dmg and sustain ????

i took ventari/mallyx – had fun with it. mallyx now offer more wyas to pressure with mace 2 poison so even with no condi dmg i got about 1k condi dmg from tormemt, poison and burning on point so overall more dps.
i took ventari/jalis – nice ress/stomp ability with 70% less dmg taken and stability
i took ventari/ dragon – for me big no. ppl know how to handle dragon skills and you can share boons might swiftness regen and protection with others legends and thier heal skill is better

so what you guys say

should we give ventari another try or not?

Yea! Although I’ll be playing condi rev.

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Still wish that the tablet mechanic will change. Its still wonky as hell and the resummoning is kinda dumb. I would like that the tablet would follow you arround and the elite would be the ground target for the tablet and upkeep. As long as the elite is active it could double its radius and make it immobile. After ractivation the tablet activates the KB and teleports back to you. The new condi cleanse mechanic isnt something for me really. A stunbreak is still missing on ventari, an AoE stunbreak would be fitting.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

Still wish that the tablet mechanic will change. Its still wonky as hell and the resummoning is kinda dumb. I would like that the tablet would follow you arround and the elite would be the ground target for the tablet and upkeep. As long as the elite is active it could double its radius and make it immobile. After ractivation the tablet activates the KB and teleports back to you. The new condi cleanse mechanic isnt something for me really. A stunbreak is still missing on ventari, an AoE stunbreak would be fitting.

if it will follow you there wont be a need in a tablet . the idea is to control it and send it to heal if allies is far from you. the tablet move faster than you can can reach almost any location in range of 1500.

if you get used to it you will find it very unique and strong in some situation like

1v1 on far point. i see my ally in far needs help so i will go for him and mid way send my tablet to him heal him and come back to mid fight with no need to travel far on my own.

the only downside are thieves who see that and know you are vulnerable for few seconds. but thieves now are worst enemies to almost any class atm

either way strong build imo with good abilities

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

if it will follow you there wont be a need in a tablet . the idea is to control it and send it to heal if allies is far from you. the tablet move faster than you can can reach almost any location in range of 1500.

if you get used to it you will find it very unique and strong in some situation like

1v1 on far point. i see my ally in far needs help so i will go for him and mid way send my tablet to him heal him and come back to mid fight with no need to travel far on my own.

the only downside are thieves who see that and know you are vulnerable for few seconds. but thieves now are worst enemies to almost any class atm

Sending the tablet arround wont go away, but it would make wvw and pve content better for ventari. At the moment this legend is mainly for bunkering in pvp and raids as a support. Some utility for PvE/WvW would be neat.
With my idea the elite is basically the “i am going to safe your kitten” button. The normal heal is just on cast an heals instant PbAoE without travelling.
This way you could travel arround with the tablet and fight against mobs without fidling arround and if stuff get ugly you can deploy the tablet to hold a specific location. This could be sweet backlining WvW support or awesome for meta events.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

Sending the tablet arround wont go away, but it would make wvw and pve content better for ventari. At the moment this legend is mainly for bunkering in pvp and raids as a support. Some utility for PvE/WvW would be neat.
With my idea the elite is basically the “i am going to safe your kitten” button. The normal heal is just on cast an heals instant PbAoE without travelling.
This way you could travel arround with the tablet and fight against mobs without fidling arround and if stuff get ugly you can deploy the tablet to hold a specific location. This could be sweet backlining WvW support or awesome for meta events.

cant speak about raids. and wvw gvg long ago i stop with it. i do know the healing in a group is insane and can build yourself to 100% healing to allies.
in pvp which is more small area and contest war the traveling is very important as it take time. again your idea mainly used as an ele who move from one palce to another to heal.

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

cant speak about raids. and wvw gvg long ago i stop with it. i do know the healing in a group is insane and can build yourself to 100% healing to allies.
in pvp which is more small area and contest war the traveling is very important as it take time. again your idea mainly used as an ele who move from one palce to another to heal.

Not quite what i ment. The Elite i proposed pretts much works like the old heal. The tablet teleports on the place and roots and the radius increases. An ele is a boon-healbot. With a bigger tablet radius you are a nightmare for projectiles with decent healing and cleanse but not a boonbot. After recasting the elite you have the KB and the tablet teleports back and you could replace it anywhere else instantly (an upkeep has no CD).
It was a concept i thought of, because if you want to play ventari in open PvE/ dungeons its a drag and clunky. In raids/High-fractals it needs more skill than just druid/ele support and provides less buffs. An easier mechanic could increase the potentcy of ventari healers and the openworld fun overall.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Personally I love the tablet, it is a unique way of healing.

in Revenant

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

The tablet is better the more I play it.
Only thing I would like to see changed it how it interacts with other revenant skills. I can use tablet skills while using weapon skills, except for phase smash. I can pick up ventari orbs using phase smash, but natural harmony doesn’t affect me.

(edited by Redfeather.6401)

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I do play Ventari healer in WvW. Its very wonky to use if your trying to play front-line, however mid-line is a different thing. Being able to move it lets me react to healing both front-line and back-line very nicely. Takes time to get used to though.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Revenant

messiah.1908

I do play Ventari healer in WvW. Its very wonky to use if your trying to play front-line, however mid-line is a different thing. Being able to move it lets me react to healing both front-line and back-line very nicely. Takes time to get used to though.

that’s the idea . it takes time to get used to it even in pvp
in pvp most of the time the tablet will be close to you. point, small fight area etc..
but the ability to heal far from you is the benefit.
if you wanna be melee healer go ele.

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

that’s the idea . it takes time to get used to it even in pvp
in pvp most of the time the tablet will be close to you. point, small fight area etc..
but the ability to heal far from you is the benefit.
if you wanna be melee healer go ele.

I like the tablet mechanic myself and i like the idea of ventari as a legend sadly it is very annoying that it dies after elite and that you lose all benefits if not in range. The tablet as an extension of ventaris presence would be nice, so you can effect two places at once.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

Two places at once can be op done you think
Don’t forget on self you got blind and protection
On ventari mainly heal abilities

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

This way ventari could hit 10 targets, would sound nice to raid players.
I would say that the tablet should not effect the player twice though because this would be OP.
In addition it would be kinda balanced (except the mentioned point) because you have to position the tablet and yourself very well for maximum potential.
The upkeep would maybe need some tweaking in PvP.
To improve ventari they should also improve the traits. Its kinda odd that a legend trait is a minor and half of the salvation traitline is healing power stuff.
I gladly would try put the new rooting trait of the GM section but i dont wanna use ventari in solo pve.

The resummoning mechanic of the tablet and a missing stunbreak is what holds this legend back tge most IMO. Automatic resummoning when activating the elite would be good. A stunbreak on purifying essence and a second PbAoE effect on the rev could make this legend great. It still would have pure support cappabbilities but could be used in solo and group content in PvE.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

This way ventari could hit 10 targets, would sound nice to raid players.
I would say that the tablet should not effect the player twice though because this would be OP.
In addition it would be kinda balanced (except the mentioned point) because you have to position the tablet and yourself very well for maximum potential.
The upkeep would maybe need some tweaking in PvP.
To improve ventari they should also improve the traits. Its kinda odd that a legend trait is a minor and half of the salvation traitline is healing power stuff.
I gladly would try put the new rooting trait of the GM section but i dont wanna use ventari in solo pve.

The resummoning mechanic of the tablet and a missing stunbreak is what holds this legend back tge most IMO. Automatic resummoning when activating the elite would be good. A stunbreak on purifying essence and a second PbAoE effect on the rev could make this legend great. It still would have pure support cappabbilities but could be used in solo and group content in PvE.

although stunbreak is always nice . in ventari skill it wont affect them and you can still use skill . this is what i like the most

if we get stunbreak they will put activation time on the skills which will make then interuptable which drag ventari to very dark places

the elite changes made more for pve/raid/wvw and less for pvp aspect. for pvp the kb is more important as losing all nrg while most of the fight you have like 30% to cleanse only 3 conditions is meh atm..

i wish they could raise the nrg to 30 and make it as another cleanse 3 aoe conditions. if more conditions were cleanse you lose 10 nrg for each unique condtion. but pls dont lose every time all your condition as sometime i want to kb ppl 3 times

that would make more sense

regarding trait line i agree some changes can be more intrsting than just increase healing effectivnes (4 traits)
like you heal effectivness increase by 2% pernumber of hits you took. so if you get focus you can also healyourself. if you aint got focus you want to get the focus to be able to heal your allies much fast and higher.

instead of the 4 traits you can put something more appling to ventari like:

1. fragments now cleanse 1 condition when being picked
2. solace get improve and now also reflect
3. fragments can daze when enemy touched them – i like this idea alot
4. fragment will heal around them or proc regen for 5 sec (the duration of the fragment)
5. fragment duration is increase by 100% so can last 10 sec so much easy to picked during fight
6. natural harmony heal you back 10% for each allies you heal this way
7. poison effects on you is decrease by 40% (ventari is a healer should be able to deal with poison)
8. the gm trait which immobilize is a trash with 3 sec activation. common should be with out it at all.

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

You can use ventari skills when you are stunned but no weaponskills. If you get stunned with ventari (without invo line) you can heal your unconscious self while you get beaten which is kinda awful. The stunbreak could be an effect that works arround the tablet, so you can either stunbreak allies in range or yourself if you have the tablet near you.
The idea of condi cleanse on pickup sounds nice, the daze on pick up could be an interesting idea, but i am not that sure if it be applicable.

What if the bound tablet would be a GM trait? The heal would change in this case and only heal you, no teleport. This could be utterly sweet for solo play but would conpromise that you couldnt choose other GM trait and it wouldnt kill ventaris mechanic.
Btw they should change the alacrity visual effect provided from the tablet or just change it to a buff icon that appears. That pink glow looks horrible.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

you already have fragment and orb which heal, put regen and swiftness on you. so to add another mechanism should be easy i think

if the tablet only heal you why choose it as support. it might be bunkery but no dmg so like bunker chorno ppl hate which got deleted ….

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

you already have fragment and orb which heal, put regen and swiftness on you. so to add another mechanism should be easy i think

if the tablet only heal you why choose it as support. it might be bunkery but no dmg so like bunker chorno ppl hate which got deleted ….

It would be support but just point blank. Would give new frontline opportunities without losing sight of the tablet in the zerk. And yes, more survivability in solo PvE. In Raids and fractals or even Metaevents it would be better to use it with the mobile style because of bigger range.
With ventari you could bunker as ever, you just got less to manage and you lose support mobility over utility. Its a fair trade IMO.

I mean you could merge Selfless Amplification with Natural abundance. Now my new suggested GM has to compeed with Momentary pacification and improved Selfless Amplification. Momentary pacification should get the ICD to 30s. This way you would have a heavy supporty, a mobile and a Control choice.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

i really love ventari/jalis with invocation line and altruism rune . 25 might stacks easy (average is 18 stack) perma fury so my dps is about 1.5k-2k (checked it with dps meter)

the support from this build is very solid. stability, cc, dmg reduction and healing ,condi cleanse block combine with blind and more….

so far 2v2 3v3 or 2v3 havent lost any ally yet (if they play closed to me), res ability is good with stability, blind, protection and cleanse.

so thanks anet for this change. ventari elite i would have change a bit though.

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Revenant

messiah.1908

here is playlist of almighty build
almighty support revenant

still curios why ppl stick with ele while both have the same problem if they get focused

so the ability to pressure more and give more support to your team is more valuable with revenant.

blind, blocks, stability, weakness, condi dmg pressure, might stacks, fury, and great healing abilities, and if use correctly 50% dmg reduction for 5 sec (can be spammable if your team peel off you (one fight i use it 3 times in a row and i didnt have to heal at all)

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

I have played a little more ventari know and i have to say its starting to get a lot smoother now and a following tablet is not needed in combat. Its best played with action cam though.
I still have some improvement points.

-Remove the destruction of the tablet. the tablet gets resummoned near the rev after Elite was activated. I would keep the new energy consuming effect so you still would be a little bit more vulnerable after the elite.
-Put a stunbreak on Puryfing essence (teamstunbreak).
-Change alacrity to some other buff. It doesnt fit theme wise and its visually unappealing. it doesnt fit into the legend either.
→ I would change serene rejuvination to:
Everytime you blind a foe or block an attack you get a stacking buff that increases healing power. Simillar to Natural Mender of druid.

Sure this would need some balancing but it would bring ventari to a desired level.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

To all those who want the tablet to follow the rev doesn’t understand how amazing it is to have a source of healing that is so mobile. It can literally go anywhere within LoS. Other professions simply don’t have a healing mechanic that versatile. Sure it can be feel clunky at times, but if you put some effort into it, you’ll find it’s super handy for your own sustain and others.

Personally, I love the tablet mechanic. It’s unique within the game (not unique to the game however), and it’s a lot less restricting then so many players think. It’s healing is pretty kitten good too. And just like any support build, its effectiveness is often based on how good the players you are supporting are. If they keep dodging away from the tablet, let them die. It’s definitely not a pug friendly mechanic, but I think it’ll have a lot of use in organized groups with a few QoL changes.

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

To all those who want the tablet to follow the rev doesn’t understand how amazing it is to have a source of healing that is so mobile. It can literally go anywhere within LoS. Other professions simply don’t have a healing mechanic that versatile. Sure it can be feel clunky at times, but if you put some effort into it, you’ll find it’s super handy for your own sustain and others.

Personally, I love the tablet mechanic. It’s unique within the game (not unique to the game however), and it’s a lot less restricting then so many players think. It’s healing is pretty kitten good too. And just like any support build, its effectiveness is often based on how good the players you are supporting are. If they keep dodging away from the tablet, let them die. It’s definitely not a pug friendly mechanic, but I think it’ll have a lot of use in organized groups with a few QoL changes.

Yeah i changed my mind too in this regard and have to say that the mobile tablet is very versatile. The dying tablet on the other hand is not.
A good QoL would be that the tablet teleports to you when you are to far away from it, like a ranger pet does. This is just mainly because of the annoying resummoning .

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

alacrity – so good you dont know how. reduced the cd on staff skills, shield skills and ventari skills so more spammable if you preserve tour nrg.

sure it could be retaliation (goes along with jalis trait line) maybe.

the elite destruction i dont like. most of the fights i have below 50% nrg so the effective cleasne if about 3-4 conditions (i saw the cleanse prioritize dmging conditions i had bleed cover by 6 other conditions and it got removed with burning)
i liked more the kb spamm i could do. but more cleanse is always welcome in some way

so far my almighty build ventari/jalis with invocation line works for the best for me. good pressure, good healing and good team support and buff.

yes like ele you need good group who know what to do around you and the tablet

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

alacrity – so good you dont know how. reduced the cd on staff skills, shield skills and ventari skills so more spammable if you preserve tour nrg.

The placement if the alacrity trait is still weird and the visuals are cancer if you wanna go colorwise.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

The placement if the alacrity trait is still weird and the visuals are cancer if you wanna go colorwise.

the visualization of alacrity is mesmery like. during fights with all that is going on i hardly see any class skills (like ele earth aura and more)
if alacrity could regen also nrg faster than it could be great for revenant as alacrity increase the rate of skills cd (so put it also on nrg or ini (for thieves)

i just look on the icon of the bar that’s it

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

the visualization of alacrity is mesmery like. during fights with all that is going on i hardly see any class skills (like ele earth aura and more)
if alacrity could regen also nrg faster than it could be great for revenant as alacrity increase the rate of skills cd (so put it also on nrg or ini (for thieves)

i just look on the icon of the bar that’s it

Actually a unique buff that increases energy regen (for any class resource and endurance) would be interesting.
The pink mist just looks aweful when running arround solo. They could just keep the visual on the mesmers alacrity and remove it from rev.
But whatever thats just aestethics.

I have now tried running Condi Rev with Dev/Cor/Invo and ventari-shiro. With m/s and s/a. Glass gear.
Its pretty awesome for solo play. Projectiles no problem. Stuns no problem. Condis no problem. Good CC. Good DPS. And heck of a survability with perma fury.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

I have now tried running Condi Rev with Dev/Cor/Invo and ventari-shiro. With m/s and s/a. Glass gear.
Its pretty awesome for solo play. Projectiles no problem. Stuns no problem. Condis no problem. Good CC. Good DPS. And heck of a survability with perma fury.

probably wvw? as in pvp ventari needs good healing state to be effective.
condi rev can be great if you manage to lock your enemy or surprise him .

i couple of times kill a thief when i lure his dodges and boom lock him with fast immobilize UA mace. he died in ~3 sec while he teleport and stealth away….

in Revenant

messiah.1908

another 2 ranked fights (the second one was versus our 2 guildies)

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

probably wvw? as in pvp ventari needs good healing state to be effective.
condi rev can be great if you manage to lock your enemy or surprise him .

i couple of times kill a thief when i lure his dodges and boom lock him with fast immobilize UA mace. he died in ~3 sec while he teleport and stealth away….

No it was just PvE. I use the heal as a dmg mitigation and the projectile defence is glorious as ever.I actually use some hyvrid build with ferocity and condi dmg because i use swords. Its decent dmg with decent healing and cleanse.
Its far from.meta but a good jack of all trades build. Fun to play.

The resummoning is just an annoying factor after i run to far away from the tablet. They should put an auto resummon into the elite and remove the summon abbility it would be way practicle. For all game types.

Pale Raiders united.