ventari rev question

ventari rev question

in Revenant

Posted by: blackgamma.1809

blackgamma.1809

Knowing that the patch is not too far, and knowing that ventari is considered not a viable stance to most rev players, and knowing that the stance is designed for group play, i have a question for the stance

how much healing power is required for the ventari stance needs to be able to self sustain itself in a solo setting, sucessfully? in all game modes pve/pvp/wvw

ventari rev question

in Revenant

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

yes it can…i think i’m one of the few that use it with success =). Its a bit hard to use cause u need to move and position your tablet the range it cover is very small. Its a very difficult build to use

ventari rev question

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I will preface all of what I am about to type that I only play ventari in wvw, and am still getting a hang of it. Ventari is pretty terrible at self sustaining. All of the healing modifiers kit has are outgoing to allies.

Few pointers:

• Always look to round to even hundreds on healing power because selfless amplification only increases by 1 1/2% per hundred healing power. At 999 healing power you still have 13.5% vs 1k healing power you get a flat 15% from the trait . 1k healing power is where it becomes a worthwhile grandmaster.
  • My build depending on food and sigils runs anywhere between 1-1.4k healing power. This is the sweet spot in my honest opinion.
  • Healing power isnt huge gains, stacking our trait modifiers with food, transference and runes of the monk are huge gains tho. You can get over a 3x multiplier. Which means that 2.3k on tooltip is going to heal for roughly 7k.
  • One thing I do abuse for self sustain, is sigil of draining. I expect it to be nerfed. I can get roughly a 1.3k heal on a single interrupt. I run mostly front line as a healer, and have healed upwards 6k from a single surge of the mist on 5 targets from the life steal.
  • Tranquil benediction, bolster fortifications, and invigorating flow can sustain you in fights, but you need stab to not get locked down.
  • I would highly recommend a hammer. It allows you to heal, and contribute damage from range. Be very careful hanging back vs melee trains.

I would not recommend ventari at all for small scale. As you are very easily singled out, and struggle to deal with any kind of CC. If you want to heal on rev in 2-10man grounds I would suggest taking staff + shield and take advantage of facet of lights regen and take mallyx over ventari.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

ventari rev question

in Revenant

blackgamma.1809

I will preface all of what I am about to type that I only play ventari in wvw, and am still getting a hang of it. Ventari is pretty terrible at self sustaining. All of the healing modifiers kit has are outgoing to allies.

Few pointers:

• Always look to round to even hundreds on healing power because selfless amplification only increases by 1 1/2% per hundred healing power. At 999 healing power you still have 13.5% vs 1k healing power you get a flat 15% from the trait . 1k healing power is where it becomes a worthwhile grandmaster.
  • My build depending on food and sigils runs anywhere between 1-1.4k healing power. This is the sweet spot in my honest opinion.
  • Healing power isnt huge gains, stacking our trait modifiers with food, transference and runes of the monk are huge gains tho. You can get over a 3x multiplier. Which means that 2.3k on tooltip is going to heal for roughly 7k.
  • One thing I do abuse for self sustain, is sigil of draining. I expect it to be nerfed. I can get roughly a 1.3k heal on a single interrupt. I run mostly front line as a healer, and have healed upwards 6k from a single surge of the mist on 5 targets from the life steal.
  • Tranquil benediction, bolster fortifications, and invigorating flow can sustain you in fights, but you need stab to not get locked down.
  • I would highly recommend a hammer. It allows you to heal, and contribute damage from range. Be very careful hanging back vs melee trains.

I would not recommend ventari at all for small scale. As you are very easily singled out, and struggle to deal with any kind of CC. If you want to heal on rev in 2-10man grounds I would suggest taking staff + shield and take advantage of facet of lights regen and take mallyx over ventari.

thanks, this is very useful info and has made me re consider my approach on my theory crafted build

also sigil of draining seems op on hammer lol

ventari rev question

in Revenant

blackgamma.1809

So heres the next question.

is it okay to use Foods and utilities to hit that minimum 1k if you are short on healing power? or are you missing out on potential gain from other consumables?

ventari rev question

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I’ll explain further what I use. There are three foods you may want to use:

Is what everyone suggests for healing builds. It is a solid choice but there is something
better for rev specifically which leads me to:

This gives you a reliable +200 healing power, because tablet heal is on such a low cooldown. As well as +10% bonus. This is one of the reasons my healing power fluctuates so much. It allows for bigger heals.

Lastly there is

Which is better for smaller scale roaming. As you will need the power more for fighting targets. At 930 healing power before use, it nets you the 70 to make it to 1k healing power and gives you 100 power.

The second thing that makes my healing power fluctuate is sigil of life which gives up to 250 healing power at max stacks. It is very easy to stack these on hammer. While you can take benevolence and technically get higher outgoing heals, I find that the boost of healing power helps me sustain better.

Life and tapioca are +450 gain together. My gear setup is at 950 healing power before food and life sigil. Edit: something that I realized on my previous post, you can most definitely go higher than 1k area on healing power. It will yield bigger heals. However, it may be hard to balance out other stats if you are looking to do that past 1k healing power.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

ventari rev question

in Revenant

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

my biggest issue with Centaur stance is Protective solace being a 170 Radius skill and tool tip saying it 240 xD

^ that make a huge difference for siege def

since the ninja nerf of Shrouding Mists like to see selfless amplification be raised by 1/2 a % it would be fine again.