viability of rev dropped drastically 28/10

in Revenant

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

with the recent nerfs to the heal, shield skills and phase traversal the viability of revenant/herald dropped quite a lot; more than i expected.

reaching from s tier to d tier revenant is now, at most, b tier.

infuse light is now only viable when you use it right before you get bursted, something that no competent player will not try to bait. the 3 seconds are basically a joke and will not give you enough room to breathen, even as a pseudo invul.

phase traversal is now a lot worse to catch targets, especially ones that have vertical movement.

crystal hybernation on kitten longer cooldown, still rooting and making you highly vulnerable to unblockable skills doesn’t make it any better. all these things don’t help the already squishy revenant at all.

what i suggest:

- up the heal on evoy of exuberance to around 3-3.5k
- reduce the cooldown of infuse light to 25
- increase the range of phase traversal to 1500
- decrease the casting time of unrelenting assault to 1/2 from 3/4

the other legends are very lackluster, especially mallyx and ventari. they are in dire need of a stunbreak and additional effects for their skills.

i am overall very disappointed with the lack of creativity on how arenanet nerfed certain skills this patch, not only on the revenant. i thought with all those months of feedback you knew how to do better.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Envoy could have a little bit better HPower scalling indeed.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

TBH all they really need to do is revert Infuse Light.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

let’s settle meta for a bit and then decide if rev infuse light needs to be adjusted. imo nerf is well deserved.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

funny how there was no Necro self sustain nerf……………
it allready feel like hitting a wall that hits back for 50% of your HP.

now after the rev sustain nerfs ? i can just bend over againt’s good reapers…….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Revenant

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

Revenant drops to any real sustained condi pressure as shiro heal doesn’t help with condis and infuse the light only helped you for 4 seconds. The pvp meta doesn’t have THAT many condi-users and there are a lot of bunkers right now due to the addition of the minstrel’s amulet which allows revenant to thrive.

Seriously, get hit by a few condis in a teamfight and you’re basically forced to disengage because of how atrocious revenant is at dealing with condis. When Mallyx was worth taking, the resistance was good at dealing with them but Mallyx was changed to being useless and now the only other good legends are being nerfed.

Let the balance train continue. lol
Edit: The phase traversal nerf seems okay, aside from the cd being severely affected by chill. Infiltrator’s arrow is infinitely more flexible as it is a skill shot/can be used twice but we’re not thieves.

I’m just really upset about the infuse the light nerf and lack of bug fixes. Infuse the light requires you to just stop attacking. It isn’t hard when you start seeing green numbers pop up. If there is aoe on the ground, infuse the light can take advantage of it but that’s the whole point since the base heal on it is so weak.

Shield changes/soothing bastion/surge of the mists change are completely ok.

Rantev [Warrior]

(edited by Vegito.3048)

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Revenant drops to any real sustained condi pressure as shiro heal doesn’t help with condis and infuse the light only helped you for 4 seconds. The pvp meta doesn’t have THAT many condi-users and there are a lot of bunkers right now due to the addition of the minstrel’s amulet which allows revenant to thrive.

Seriously, get hit by a few condis in a teamfight and you’re basically forced to disengage because of how atrocious revenant is at dealing with condis. When Mallyx was worth taking, the resistance was good at dealing with them but Mallyx was changed to being useless and now the only other good legends are being nerfed.

Yeah. I’m rather happy, it seems that, with this nerf, people are seeing that actually the two viable legends on the five are just shiro and glint and that, over those two legends, revenant has barelly nothing.

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I just want my 1 second of infuse light back.

I hardly even noticed the other nerfs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

They actually did nerf reaper sustain

•Reaper—Blighter’s Boon: This trait now only procs for boons you apply to yourself. Increased healing level multiplier by 25%, increased healing attribute multiplier by 330%.

This means that the reaper HAS to run spite to get pretty much any benefit from this, as boons applied by allies no longer heal the reaper, and the only buffs a reaper really is going to get for self application is going to be might stacking in spite.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Revenant

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

•Reaper—Blighter’s Boon: This trait now only procs for boons you apply to yourself. Increased healing level multiplier by 25%, increased healing attribute multiplier by 330%.

This means that the reaper HAS to run spite to get pretty much any benefit from this, as boons applied by allies no longer heal the reaper, and the only buffs a reaper really is going to get for self application is going to be might stacking in spite.

im talking about a 1v1 encounter on a node so basicaly now they are even stronger in 1v1 thx to the healing multiplier buffs they got.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Revenant

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Well, I actually think it’s even funnier there wasn’t any nerf to Scrapper. Necros got a nerf, which made one of their traits worthless. Maybe it doesn’t effect duels, but it will hurt in every other fight. But hey Scrapper is completely fine, right?

in Revenant

Bash.7291

Well, I actually think it’s even funnier there wasn’t any nerf to Scrapper. Necros got a nerf, which made one of their traits worthless. Maybe it doesn’t effect duels, but it will hurt in every other fight. But hey Scrapper is completely fine, right?

Yeah, have had more issues vs scrappers than necros, and the necros I have had issues with is minions since I run hybrid condi/power, and all of my AoE is conditions, which just ends up coming back in my face. Good scrappers however come pretty close to destroying me every time -.-

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Revenant

Posted by: Kirk.3086

Kirk.3086

Scrappers strong, but it revenge for last time (where engj was useless).
But necr… Nercomance was always one of the top characters.
All clases get buffs at damage and sup/healer build, except revenant, where usefull only damage build…

in Revenant

Bash.7291

im talking about a 1v1 encounter on a node so basicaly now they are even stronger in 1v1 thx to the healing multiplier buffs they got.

Depends on how your fighting them really, Reapers are still extremely weak against being kited, and requires a hit and run playstyle on them. The biggest issue with MM reapers, and that’s just the cancer that is MM

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Revenant

Vegito.3048

Yeah. I’m rather happy, it seems that, with this nerf, people are seeing that actually the two viable legends on the five are just shiro and glint and that, over those two legends, revenant has barelly nothing.

That’s a rather convoluted way of thinking. Nerf the only two legends that are viable in pvp so that we can see the other legends aren’t good?

That aside, I just wanted to mention that jalis is quite good in pve.

Rantev [Warrior]

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

That’s a rather convoluted way of thinking. Nerf the only two legends that are viable in pvp so that we can see the other legends aren’t good?

That aside, I just wanted to mention that jalis is quite good in pve.

No, the fact is that now that the two legends who are good have being nerfed, people are going to see how they count for the revenant and the difference with the three other legends (well ventari, even if it’s need some tweeks is situationnal by nature coz it’s pure healing) and are going to write about how bad are Mallyx and Jalis compared to the great shiro tagashi and the wonderfull Glint. Maybe that would help devs to move a bit for making legends useless, usefull.

Jalis can work in pve yes, it can work in pvp too. But the think is that he can clearly do better. He absolutly not have the tanky vibe he must have. Even with the nerf Glint is staying more tanky than him. Jalis need, and can be improved.

in Revenant

Bash.7291

I honestly Love Jalis in a group fight for PvP, with the leach against vulnerable enemies from Destruction traits, it ends up healing a decent amount, since the trait has no CD, along with using sword autos or mace #2.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Revenant

Vegito.3048

Jalis can work in pve yes, it can work in pvp too. But the think is that he can clearly do better. He absolutly not have the tanky vibe he must have. Even with the nerf Glint is staying more tanky than him. Jalis need, and can be improved.

He’s not tanky per-se, but he can give your whole group 50% damage reduction and avenging hammers offers some damage and quite a bit of sustain when hitting multiple mobs (or even one).

Rantev [Warrior]

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Maybe that would help devs to move a bit for making legends useless, usefull.

Or just nerf our olny 2 viable legends to make other 3 looks good. After all if Shiro and Glint will sux, all legends are all gonna be in “good” place right? One will equally sux to another one.

As for this thread, im still doing fine in pvp except i no longer can chase as good as i used to. That really hurts. My reaction to nerf which put me in rampage mode is in attachment..poor souls.

Attachments:

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

Maybe that would help devs to move a bit for making legends useless, usefull.

Or just nerf our olny 2 viable legends to make other 3 looks good. After all if Shiro and Glint will sux, all legends are all gonna be in “good” place right? One will equally sux to another one.

It’s possible too yeah but i want to keep the faith.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kirk.3086

Kirk.3086

He’s not tanky per-se, but he can give your whole group 50% damage reduction and avenging hammers offers some damage and quite a bit of sustain when hitting multiple mobs (or even one).

Scraper helicopter for 15 seconds, tempest frost aura for 4-16 seconds, mesmer evade rift say you hello!

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s not that bad. I see a lot less fotm rerollers and Revenants in general in matches, even though Power Shiro is still playable.

Many switched over to Druids and it’s now a plague.

What we need now is fixing and buffing stuff that’s waiting for buff for some time now.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

The Infuse Light nerf was way overkill. You don’t get any heals at all against decent players now, which significantly lowers the performance of the Herald as a whole (I said Herald, becouse Revenant the core profession is low tier at best).

Please revert this change or significantly increase the base heal.

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

ehh, i’ve been playing without shield and it’s perfectly fine.

people are hard carried by glint shield, it’s crazy

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

what people kind of don’t see is the following, big problem:

in low tier matches against random players it is common to totally ignore a herald, letting him freecast or if he gets focused people don’t care at all about infuse light. so your survivability is fine.

but in a match where people actually think before they act it will be a lot harder getting your heals off and you will see yourself way more using infuse light as a pseudo invul while you spam your heal skills to actually get a bit more than those 2k heals.. or you walk through dragonhunter draps to heal a bit because people don’t attack you. while 1s seems minor it’s totally not, it’s a huge problem because it doesn’t give you enough room to breathe nor to heal up.

it’s not only the heal but all the things, like shield cooldown, and all those things add up and cripple the survivability by a lot.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Don’t care about the shield nerf much, but I’m severely unhappy with the infused light nerf. It’s most unnecessary. Please revert.

in Revenant

lighter.2708

in low tier matches against random players it is common to totally ignore a herald, letting him freecast or if he gets focused people don’t care at all about infuse light. so your survivability is fine.

but in a match where people actually think before they act it will be a lot harder getting your heals off and you will see yourself way more using infuse light as a pseudo invul while you spam your heal skills to actually get a bit more than those 2k heals.. or you walk through dragonhunter draps to heal a bit because people don’t attack you. while 1s seems minor it’s totally not, it’s a huge problem because it doesn’t give you enough room to breathe nor to heal up.

There’s a thing called a cast time, most burst skills has it, look for it and use your heal when they do that kitten.
the reason why glint heal is viable and not warrior heal, because glint heal is insta cast so you can time it with enemy burst…it’s not because oh it got 1/4 sec duration more

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

There’s a thing called a cast time, most burst skills has it, look for it and use your heal when they do that kitten.
the reason why glint heal is viable and not warrior heal, because glint heal is insta cast so you can time it with enemy burst…it’s not because oh it got 1/4 sec duration more

guess what, smart players don’t burst you when you’re low and in glint.. they will poke you until you activate the heal and then wait. what you are going to do in that situation is, you will use shield 4 and staff 4 to actually get 3k more heaing ontop of the meager 2k. just because you met people that tried to burst you when they clearly shouldn’t have doesn’t mean that i did too.

3 seconds is just not enough time to heal and prepare your next steps.

in Revenant

lighter.2708

guess what, smart players don’t burst you when you’re low and in glint.. they will poke you until you activate the heal and then wait. what you are going to do in that situation is, you will use shield 4 and staff 4 to actually get 3k more heaing ontop of the meager 2k. just because you met people that tried to burst you when they clearly shouldn’t have doesn’t mean that i did too.

Guess what, in a 5v5, smart player will do something when enemy is simply poking.
and you shouldn’t even get really low to use your heal anyway. do you know how to use shelter? this is the exactly the same way, you don’t use it for the heal, you use it for any incoming burst as well.

and yea, 3 seconds and 4 seconds is such a huge difference omg..l2position

(edited by lighter.2708)

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

Guess what, in a 5v5

time to end this conversation.