[video] Mallyx/Shiro Condi Rev WvW Roaming

in Revenant

Posted by: Traity.8310

Traity.8310

Just a bunch of clips with my roaming guild, fighting the zergs. I got bored of healer Ele and power Rev aside from hammer (which I find boring) is meh in larger fights, sadly, so I’ve been giving condi rev a try since I really enjoy the class.

Hope you enjoy!

[ERP] Gunnar’s Hold
Youtube Channel

in Revenant

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

I can see you get a lot of damage out when dropping aoes on downed enemies, but otherwise the conditions you applied only ticked for small amounts. How is that more fun than power rev with hammer?

in Revenant

Traity.8310

Considering our main problem is keeping down the downed people I’d say that’s a rather good thing. Though, the build does do its fair amount of damage and the numbers add up.
Aside from that, I personally don’t enjoying hanging in the back and just spamming my skills at range. But I guess it depends on what you define as being fun. I enjoy a more dynamic and mobile playstyle compared to the slow and static feel of hammer. But maybe you just enjoy seeing the big numbers from hammer rev.

[ERP] Gunnar’s Hold
Youtube Channel

in Revenant

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

You’re right, I do enjoy big numbers. I was just wondering what part of the hammer playstyle you found boring. This mobile playstyle seems like it would be more tedious to me since you just constantly chase after enemies and only get decent hits in when they go to res someone.

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Considering our main problem is keeping down the downed people I’d say that’s a rather good thing. Though, the build does do its fair amount of damage and the numbers add up.
Aside from that, I personally don’t enjoying hanging in the back and just spamming my skills at range. But I guess it depends on what you define as being fun. I enjoy a more dynamic and mobile playstyle compared to the slow and static feel of hammer. But maybe you just enjoy seeing the big numbers from hammer rev.

How is it hard to keep people downed with hammer? I finish people with hammer because it’s easier. If anything it creates more downs. The only hammer skill that has a ranged limiter is CoR and even that hits hard in melee range.

in Revenant

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Haven’t played condi rev in forever but I really enjoyed the video. I think the build makes a lot of sense considering the comp is so necro/epi focused.

in Revenant

Traity.8310

How is it hard to keep people downed with hammer? I finish people with hammer because it’s easier. If anything it creates more downs. The only hammer skill that has a ranged limiter is CoR and even that hits hard in melee range.

I never said it was hard to keep people down with a hammer. Those two things weren’t related. It’s a good weapon and does a lot of damage but I personally don’t like playing it. Nothing more.

Haven’t played condi rev in forever but I really enjoyed the video. I think the build makes a lot of sense considering the comp is so necro/epi focused.

Glad you did and yeah, basically. It adds a bunch of different condi that we don’t have in our team otherwise, plus the resistance really helps in fighting larger groups.

[ERP] Gunnar’s Hold
Youtube Channel

(edited by Traity.8310)