Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

wow I love Forced Engagement
the taunt on this is great. nice work arena net

wow I love Forced Engagement/taunt

in Revenant

Posted by: Kirk.3086

Kirk.3086

Too hight price, war has aoe and better…

in Revenant

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

Side note is that Taunt drains defiance bars like mad jelly.

Vertor et revertor.

in Revenant

Posted by: jmoak.7821

jmoak.7821

yeah the taunt is probably best defiance bar breaker in the game, however the taunt effect itself is far too short even with the trait to be of any use. Most mobs attack animations are longer than those 4 seconds

Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer
Aurora Glade (Fun)

in Revenant

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

yeah the taunt is probably best defiance bar breaker in the game, however the taunt effect itself is far too short even with the trait to be of any use. Most mobs attack animations are longer than those 4 seconds

Idk if it’s the same for the trait auto-taunt on disable (not using it), but the Jalis taunt is paired with slow, which even slows the atks of the target.
Most often then not, the mob will barely have time to turn to you when the effect fades, but at least it stopped atking the original target for a while :-)

Vertor et revertor.

in Revenant

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

Take this for double the fun: Improved Aggression

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

It’s an illusion. It takes 3 seconds worth of defiance bar but overtime. Shiro’s Jade Winds takes the same amount instantly. But yeah, it’s ok. Mind that different monsters have different amount of defiance bar. Nuhoch mordrem have a lot while some other monsters basically break instantly from every CC (those susceptible to CC).

in Revenant

Killyox.3950

Does it work with forced engagement?

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Does it work with forced engagement?

haven’t tried specifically but i’d guess it does… otherwise only other application is the taunt trait… and this would be lame :-D

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Velho.7123

On PvE, which is where I reside, you get the four seconds of Taunt, pretty much wrecking break bars along with Slow.

Matt [LOD]

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

On PvE, which is where I reside, you get the four seconds of Taunt, pretty much wrecking break bars along with Slow.

i might start thinking to use that now that i know…totally went unseen till now :P

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Velho.7123

Retribution feels so much better than Corruption for Bosses since I’m always sitting on Shiro/Jalis.

Herald, I will get you very, very soon™.

Matt [LOD]

(edited by Velho.7123)

in Revenant

Posted by: Veanko.7510

Veanko.7510

My only complaint with the skill is that taunt doesn’t seem to work properly when used on PVE mobs. It doesn’t interrupt despite it saying it does, mobs seem to be able to use skills while taunted, and sometimes the mobs don’t even attack me (for instance, when an event is over and the mobs are running away, if you taunt them they still continue to run away). This makes the skill rather useless against non defiance mobs imo.

in Revenant

Killyox.3950

I have noticed that behaviour as well. Defiance bar broken, taunt used and mob kept hitting/chasing other people

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

My only complaint with the skill is that taunt doesn’t seem to work properly when used on PVE mobs. It doesn’t interrupt despite it saying it does, mobs seem to be able to use skills while taunted, and sometimes the mobs don’t even attack me (for instance, when an event is over and the mobs are running away, if you taunt them they still continue to run away). This makes the skill rather useless against non defiance mobs imo.

The issue with PvE mobs is that the autoattack they use (especially HoT mobs) is typically the same rotation they normally use except the one ability that is unique to them (ie. the belly flop or the big overhead smash, etc.) Against boss mobs, obviously, this is much different. There’s probably a middle ground to be made but it super effective against other players (Beastly Warden pre-HoT is the proof).

I think Taunt needs to be separate and have very different effects for PvE and against other players because of that.

in Revenant

Velho.7123

The Break bar doesn’t work like that. Whenever a boss has a break bar, soft and hard CCs only destroy the bar and have no other effect, it can’t be actively taunted/slowed/chilled etc.

Matt [LOD]