10 % damage nerf

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Ok, what purpose does this serve?

PvE – Does it create more diversity? No, defensive stats are still superfluous due do dodging, it just slows the fights down.

PvP – No effect as they stated they were leaving levels where they were.

WvW – Further pushes people into condition builds.

I just don’t see the point here, what were they trying to fix with this? I understand the crit% -> ferocity change so that they could normalize things but a damage reduction for power builds that already require 3 stats (pow,pre,crit) to be viable? Why?

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

what are you talking about?

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Kadin.2356

what are you talking about?

Developer Livestream

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Travlane.5948

did anet say this? i didnt catch it

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Kadin.2356

Just about the first thing said. They are moving crit damage → ferocity (numerical instead of percent based) which I think is a GOOD change as it can be normalized but they ALSO said at the same time that the overall damage for a fully zerker build would be 10% less. Since they are only making a change to the crit% stat you can infer that that difference is coming from there.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Travlane.5948

i think ANET ….. you should have done this before game was released.

not like we invested so much time and money into things. ripped

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Its not nearly as bad as people think, it just means ppl won’t explode as quickly. I think the only aspect that this will change for thief is wvw roaming where they can exceed 120% crit damage. 10% less damage from 120% crit dmg builds is a lot, but 10% from ~50% in spvp isn’t that big of a drop. Granted for some classes this isn’t opening builds but the crit damage change wasn’t the only one. Besides, they always dropped hint of “good changes” that they couldn’t discuss at the time. Maybe we have good things this time around ^^

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Travlane.5948

why do they talk about balancing roles? "not just kill the thing thats killing them to “support” but actually support their teammates"

sorry. do we have a healer? oh thats right u didnt wanna put one in game bc u wanted people to support themselves.

anet has no idea what they want!

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Kadin.2356

Its not nearly as bad as people think, it just means ppl won’t explode as quickly. I think the only aspect that this will change for thief is wvw roaming where they can exceed 120% crit damage. 10% less damage from 120% crit dmg builds is a lot, but 10% from ~50% in spvp isn’t that big of a drop. Granted for some classes this isn’t opening builds but the crit damage change wasn’t the only one. Besides, they always dropped hint of “good changes” that they couldn’t discuss at the time. Maybe we have good things this time around ^^

I do not think it’s a huge change but that was not the point here. I wanted to know WHY the change was made. I can’t see any point to it beyond an across the board nerf to power builds in an ALREADY heavy condition meta.

It just serves no purpose.

(edited by Kadin.2356)

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Travlane.5948

ONE of the anet team even tried working fire and air sigils while playing himself. yeah. pros.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

ONE of the anet team even tried working fire and air sigils while playing himself. yeah. pros.

Last time I watched them their p/p thief was spending more time dirt napping than they were shooting bullets. There aren’t any high expectations so far from their game play vs game knowledge.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Travlane.5948

yes but dmg is thief specialty. like defense/hp is to a warrior. wont hurt most classed but will hurt badly on thief.

will 10% hp loss or toughness loss or armor loss on warrior hurt? yes! badly! on thief? no not really.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

yes but dmg is thief specialty. like defense/hp is to a warrior. wont hurt most classed but will hurt badly on thief.

will 10% hp loss or toughness loss or armor loss on warrior hurt? yes! badly! on thief? no not really.

dying 10% faster from 5 seconds hardly is a change lol. Still crit damage is fairly balanced in s/tpvp because its not so out of control like it is in wvw/pve where they can exceed 120%. No doubt the crit damage change will hurt thief, but this “good stuff” I heard about has me thinking the grass may get greener on our side for a change. Besides this change also affects Mesmer ele and warrior who utilize crit damage really well too. Granted zerker ele dies in seconds too but they have their “oh bullocks” skills too, and in various quantities.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: pulupulu.9730

pulupulu.9730

Uhh… no…. warrior specialty is “defense/hp/speed/damage/cc/more i forgot”. Just want to correct you on that.

they will just go like “lol anet, only nerfing 10% on 1 stat, please try harder”

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Travlane.5948

dying 10% faster from 5 seconds hardly is a change lol. Still crit damage is fairly balanced in s/tpvp because its not so out of control like it is in wvw/pve where they can exceed 120%. No doubt the crit damage change will hurt thief, but this “good stuff” I heard about has me thinking the grass may get greener on our side for a change. Besides this change also affects Mesmer ele and warrior who utilize crit damage really well too. Granted zerker ele dies in seconds too but they have their “oh bullocks” skills too, and in various quantities.

27k hp warrior vs 14k hp thief. both loses 10% hp. warrior now has 2430hp and thief has 12600hp.

the warrior gets hurt more. just as thief willg et hurt more from 10% dmg nerf. get it?

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

its 10% on top of the conversion to ferocity, no? Ferocity loses another 10-15% on conversion.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

27k hp warrior vs 14k hp thief. both loses 10% hp. warrior now has 2430hp and thief has 12600hp.

the warrior gets hurt more. just as thief willg et hurt more from 10% dmg nerf. get it?

If both go zerker spec, technically warrior would get hurt more(skills scale with higher coeficients and Crit dmg scales off those). Unfortunatly they aren’t forced to go zerker so indirectly yes thief gets hit harder because they have no choice but to deal with it, warrior can move onto other builds and be just as good post patch or so it seems. Hard to know whats in store, they only covered what seemed like a fraction of changes.

As for wvw, this is a huge nerf to thief, no argument there. The only thing they are good at in there is roaming and capping ruins/camps, nerfing their efficiency is just rude when a warrior can cover just as much ground and face tank camps much easier.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Travlane.5948

why can devs say “stop trolling” on their livestream but we cant say it here? is it only bad when us lesser human being say it? but its “cool” or “acceptable” when you do?

explain. devs. GO!

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Travlane.5948

If both go zerker spec, technically warrior would get hurt more(skills scale with higher coeficients and Crit dmg scales off those). Unfortunatly they aren’t forced to go zerker so indirectly yes thief gets hit harder because they have no choice but to deal with it, warrior can move onto other builds and be just as good post patch or so it seems. Hard to know whats in store, they only covered what seemed like a fraction of changes.

As for wvw, this is a huge nerf to thief, no argument there. The only thing they are good at in there is roaming and capping ruins/camps, nerfing their efficiency is just rude when a warrior can cover just as much ground and face tank camps much easier.

warrior never goes full zerk in wvw. thief kinda has to. maybe a piece or 2 of balk.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

warrior never goes full zerk in wvw. thief kinda has to. maybe a piece or 2 of balk.

Shouldn’t, but I know a couple who do for roaming. Granted they get ambushed time to time but I’ve seen (on some occasions, not all) them turn around and slap the thief or Mesmer and continue on their crusade to N camp. Thief doesn’t need full zerker, they can throw in valk or calvaliar if foods/oils/traits get them the precision they need. OFc if they want dps their going to go into CS so the mind blowing amount of crit chance almost seems wasteful if they went full zerker. Thankfully I don’t roam wvw as much as run havoc/small ops but I feel bad for those who made a living out of it.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Sergiu.3698

Sergiu.3698

Ok, what purpose does this serve?

PvE – Does it create more diversity? No, defensive stats are still superfluous due do dodging, it just slows the fights down.

PvP – No effect as they stated they were leaving levels where they were.

WvW – Further pushes people into condition builds.

I just don’t see the point here, what were they trying to fix with this? I understand the crit% -> ferocity change so that they could normalize things but a damage reduction for power builds that already require 3 stats (pow,pre,crit) to be viable? Why?

the point is that i crafted my ascended celestial armor for being kittenty useless.We sure love this game

twitch:enses_09

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: KillerJacket.9735

KillerJacket.9735

The developers stated that the change to ferocity was only a portion of the changes that were happening to switch up the full zerks meta, and there are still more to come.

Plus there are big reworks coming for runes and sigils. For example you can have both fire and air sigils equipped and they will both be on their own separate cool-downs now. Plus being able to equip 2 sigils on your two handed weapons.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Gallows.4318

Gallows.4318

They should just have done the right thing instead.

Remove bloodlust and the like. It’s silly and tedious in WvW to get those stacks up on mobs before you go.

Then balance the amount of might stacks you can get.

The issue is that when you take things to the extreme and create a build that exploits the extremes of getting power – it’s unbalanced.

This nerf across the board for crit damage is stupid.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

You have not mentioned that duel sigils can now be used and won’t have the same internal cooldown. If a duel dagger thief took superior fire and air the resulting additional damage that will proc because they now both don’t force internal cooldowns on each other results in thief’s and greatsword warriors or duel axe’s now producing more damage potentially if the sigils aren’t balanced nicely. To balance these sigils they will have their damage reduced or proc percentage reduced. This could create situations of where players outside of playing spike/burst damage builds now gets reduced effects from the sigils they use on their non crit based builds. The prime example of this is 30% group healing on crit on a non crit based healway guardian. The notion of taking guardian skills/traits that increase crit chance even though it is not doing any viable damage and only there to provide the AoE 30% group heal will potentially struggle. The result is to increase the proc chance on this sigil now..which in turn favors high crit chance builds to use it as one of the sigils as they are almost now guaranteed additional healing without the sigils internal cooldown being reset by any other sigils they using on their main/offhand weapons. On the guardian the proc heal will appear balanced..on a thief/warrior running healing signet or the heals on attack it will appear strong as they will be generating a lot of proc heals off their already existing continuous healing skill selection..not too much what a mediation based guadrian with lith healing could achieve with this. I think mst ppl are so focused on what will happen to dmg they’re not looking far enough down the line to see aspects outside of dmg changing potentially quite dramatically.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

zerk meta is stupid, can’t wait until it’s gone

All is vain.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

zerk meta is OP yo

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Kadin.2356

What makes you think it’s going anywhere? Zerk, even after nerf, will still be the best damage option. Until they change it so doing the most damage is the most efficient path then nothing will change.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

They’re just balancing zerk stats since their damage output before was way too large. Zerk will still dish out the most damage, just less. You can call it a nerf, but it’s more like a balance that finally will be implemented.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Travlane.5948

meta is condi but w.e.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Despo.2579

Despo.2579

What makes you think it’s going anywhere? Zerk, even after nerf, will still be the best damage option. Until they change it so doing the most damage is the most efficient path then nothing will change.

Yes that why I don’t understand

Zerk will still be the best option to DPS, so if some people was almost full zerk and have like 2 or 3 armor pièces for defensif (like soldier for axtra thoughness and vita)

and with the -10% less damage, they will automaticly change it to zerk for get back that -10% or anyways get more DPS…

and if its not zerk the best option with the new update, people will take the other set that the more offensif

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Travlane.5948

They’re just balancing zerk stats since their damage output before was way too large. Zerk will still dish out the most damage, just less. You can call it a nerf, but it’s more like a balance that finally will be implemented.

i would agree if i didnt play a thief.

thief were giving INSANE single target dmg to make up for well…everything they dont have.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Yes that why I don’t understand

Zerk will still be the best option to DPS, so if some people was almost full zerk and have like 2 or 3 armor pièces for defensif (like soldier for axtra thoughness and vita)

and with the -10% less damage, they will automaticly change it to zerk for get back that -10% or anyways get more DPS…

and if its not zerk the best option with the new update, people will take the other set that the more offensif

wow. u musta dropped out of skool or something. your math is so far off.

they def wont ever ….ever….ever no way no how….in any way imaginable even come close to getting that 10% back. switch. flip. change. bump. twist. turn. push or pull it. do whatever u want with your armor. it wont ever get 10% back that this nerf will take away. noteven close.

its a 10% loss to overall dmg by nerfing crit dmg . the high end isnt getting nerfed. all of it is getting nerfed. so the people with 150 and the 200% and the 250% are all getting the same % reduction.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

So I play 3 builds – heal thief, condi thief and full glass depending on what I feel like. Full glass is way way more skillfull, dangerous and subsequently, fun. Having nothing but one shot at a burst is exciting as heck – throughout allllll the nerfs I’ve been perfectly fine adjusting and enjoying the class, but removing yet ANOTHER 10% out of the most fun aspect of the class is tiring.

I’ve been playing warrior and ranger a fair bit too… the game is too slow in these modes. I need the thief in order to continue playing and I need a versin of the thief that is highly dangerous but periodically rewarding.

Tiger

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Despo.2579

Despo.2579

Travlane, you didnt understand what I mean, yes they will never get back the 10% of damage

But if people had a mix of zerk and for exemple knight with the patch they will lose dps right ?

So they will be slower than before in pve for kill a mobs /boss, so what they will change ? they will change the knight armor they have for get berzerk and try to get some DPS back

So they will be full zerk instead of knight and zerk mix

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: kbenton.4915

kbenton.4915

Love the change. no QQ here.

Yak’s Bend Thief (P/D) [HvC]

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Let’s just look at it from the other classes view.
Let’s take a warrior. Full soldiers weapon and armor, full zerker trinkets, for example.
If the crit damage gets normalised, the crits of that build will deal significantly less damage. On the other hand, a thief, who typically runs a mix of zerk/valk will lose less overall damage. Most crit damage comes from trinkets and people got used to build characters this way. In a glass vs glass setup, it will be less damage on both sides and in a glass vs tanky situation, you will suddenly realize, you are far less fragile with the new ferocity.
The only thing left is to bring down condition damage, too. In all other situations, it will merely decelerate the fights slightly(or accelerate them, as opponents may build slightly less tanky, seeing as squeezing out some baseline damage from a tanky build will be harder with the change to trinket scaling).

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

(edited by naphack.9346)

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Explain how Ferocity would make you less fragile?

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Travlane, you didnt understand what I mean, yes they will never get back the 10% of damage

But if people had a mix of zerk and for exemple knight with the patch they will lose dps right ?

So they will be slower than before in pve for kill a mobs /boss, so what they will change ? they will change the knight armor they have for get berzerk and try to get some DPS back

So they will be full zerk instead of knight and zerk mix

mix armor is for wvw. pve is usually all 1 type tho.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Kadin.2356

The only thing left is to bring down condition damage

That’s my only real complaint. If they want to slow down combat then ok, but they need to make sure to treat everyone equally instead of just putting a bulls-eye on power builds.

Another thing I just realized is that sustain is getting a pseudo-buff as it will be more important in longer fights.

(edited by Kadin.2356)

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

Zerk won’t be meta the very moment it won’t do the greatest damage.
As much as I would hate that to happen, I am really interested what would happen to game at that point.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

The only thing left is to bring down condition damage

That’s my only real complaint. If they want to slow down combat then ok, but they need to make sure to treat everyone equally instead of just putting a bulls-eye on power builds.

Another thing I just realized is that sustain is getting a pseudo-buff as it will be more important in longer fights.

Yeah… those bunkers that weren’t speccing crit damage are being indirectly buffed (unless that crit damage nerf is coming from the 50% base) since power builds are going to be missing about 10% of their damage.

The only reason the nerf doesn’t bother me is that it’s across the board. Maybe we’ll even get a base damage increase since our cap is being brought down. Wishful thinking, I know, but they mentioned that and more mobility 6-7 months ago and maybe have just been trying to figure out how to implement it without making our damage outrageous since then.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

You guys don’t know it yet, but this is a HUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEE buff to thieves.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Travlane.5948

u r not too good at math i take it?

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Shakya.6351

Shakya.6351

Why Anet nerfed crits in a full condi meta? can anyone explain it?

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

decreasing zerker dps by 10% is pretty much 20% less crit damage tough …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

u r not too good at math i take it?

Soz, I probably didn’t sound the same as the mod about the initiative buff as much as I thought lol

EDIT: Not mod. Dev.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Why Anet nerfed crits in a full condi meta? can anyone explain it?

because everyone ran zerker in pve, except this change won’t do junk to pve and just hurts wvw’ers

as far as condi meta goes, idk wth they are thinking, honestly… everyone been complaining about it constantly for at least half year and kept getting ignored

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Swimfan.8014

Swimfan.8014

Sad fact is:
- it won’t change people’s opinion about zerker gear
AND
- thief really is the full zerker class. what we do is low survivability VS high dmg.

At this point I’m gonna say it: Just remove some stat-sets from certain gears. Like wtf are Tanker-classes such as Warrior (and more so Guardians) doing with thos zerger stats?! Should be forbidden and we wouldn’t have the problem.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

It fixes a rather obvious scaling issue in the game that is a direct result of Zerker having bonuses to two different percentage based stats that directly affect each other.

It’s a good change, frankly, even if it results in a net DPS loss at the top end. I’m willing to take it.

10 % damage nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The number of people going to be affected by this nerf is too miniscule for Anet to care. That’s the reality.

As for why they are doing this? They are obviously discouraging crit-builds that started back in Dec. 10 by nerfing the amount of Initiatives you get from crit-hits. Next is crit-damage and if that is not enough, we can assume that Power nerf is next in line.

They already made changes in the past that punished crit-builds by nerfing a lot of our survivability so that if you build ‘zerker, it’s a guarantee that you’ll shatter into million pieces — that was the nerfs to stealth, the only protection that ’zerkers can rely on.

However, time and time again ’zerker Thieves thumbs their nose at Anet so Anet is now putting away the nerf bat and taking out the nerf blaster cannon — boom! They might finally kill the build.

But once the crit-build is killed and every Thief are running condition damage build…they’ll start all over again. It will never end until the Thieves becomes Beggars.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.