10% nerf from cd to furocity? Ha!

in Thief

Posted by: Queen Kiearha.9873

Queen Kiearha.9873

It seems more like 30% to me. My crits went from 8k to 5k.
I could cry. Thief, the only class I enjoy was just crapped on.
I think it’s time to do what every good thief dreads. Go to conditions.
So sad, and pathetic. Ty Anet for murdering the crit thief

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Before anyone says anything, your CRITS took a 30% nerf, but raw power did’t so its something like 10% overall. In theory. Now then if you were a Hidden Killer thief, this hurts you

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Queen Kiearha.9873

I have always used exicutioner, not hidden killer. Backstabbing from 8k to 5k
Seems a little extreme to me. I use max soldiers gear ascended and zerker
on everything else. With s/d my last chain attack with sword went from
5k to 3k. This is miserable. So I pray Anet fixes this or it’s time for the
cheese build p/d condition “puke, oh excuse me” build.

in Thief

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Before anyone says anything, your CRITS took a 30% nerf, but raw power did’t so its something like 10% overall. In theory. Now then if you were a Hidden Killer thief, this hurts you

power did not change but the point is crit damage, hidden killer still the same, crit damage is crappy. i got like 20% nerf. i did try to roam solo and with others thieves and just cant kill jack fast enough. its just so sad. anet wants definition of support type diversify crap is condi bunker build which takes 10 years to kill an experienced foe let alone a war or necro. they just laugh at you and spam emote while your just dishing out wet noodle condi damage on them, then they just run away if they feel bored.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

power did not change but the point is crit damage, hidden killer still the same, crit damage is crappy. i got like 20% nerf. i did try to roam solo and with others thieves and just cant kill jack fast enough. its just so sad. anet wants definition of support type diversify crap is condi bunker build which takes 10 years to kill an experienced foe let alone a war or necro. they just laugh at you and spam emote while your just dishing out wet noodle condi damage on them, then they just run away if they feel bored.

I said power didn’t change, well ’did’t’ to be fair but HIdden Killer itself didnt change, but if you were a BS thief that relied on those backstabs, this hit you kinda hard

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Thing is mates, everyone got their crit dmg nerfed. If you’re wearing soldier you might drop some of it for valkyrie, through this I was able to reduce the crit dmg loss to just 10% which I’m fine overall with.

I agree though that fights against condi bunkers seemed hopeless even before the patch.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

(edited by Ghostwolf.9863)

in Thief

Posted by: pauer.4809

pauer.4809

If you’re wearing soldier you might drop some of it for valkyrie, through this I was able to reduce the crit dmg loss to just 10% which I’m fine overall with.

Do you talk about wvw? For dd-backstab-builds the dmg-loss is more than 10%, its about 25-30%. I used valkyrie before so there is no way for me to compensate anything at all without losing the last bit of survivability. Fighting a condi-bunker is almost impossible now if the other player knows what he is doing.
So now i have the choise between playing a condi-build myself or changing the class. Great!
I think it should be the way that more damage means lesser survivability, but it should be the same for power and for condi-builds. Condi-builds have high damage and survivability now, thats the problem.

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

If you’re wearing soldier you might drop some of it for valkyrie, through this I was able to reduce the crit dmg loss to just 10% which I’m fine overall with.

Do you talk about wvw? For dd-backstab-builds the dmg-loss is more than 10%, its about 25-30%. I used valkyrie before so there is no way for me to compensate anything at all without losing the last bit of survivability. Fighting a condi-bunker is almost impossible now if the other player knows what he is doing.
So now i have the choise between playing a condi-build myself or changing the class. Great!
I think it should be the way that more damage means lesser survivability, but it should be the same for power and for condi-builds. Condi-builds have high damage and survivability now, thats the problem.

This is what I was saying as well, if you were a valk DD BS build where your damage was basically crits, this hit you hard

in Thief

Queen Kiearha.9873

I guess it’s time for all valkire armor to b tossed in the trash. Ty Anet.
At least let every class change their ascended armor and runes. Just 1
reroll is all we ask since u have murdered this class. Ascended takes forever
make a full set and if everyone knew that furocity would screw us this
badly we most like wouldn’t have wasted our time “YES WASTED” on
Ascended gear with our superior runes which all cost a fortune!
Oh Anet, why do u hate thiefs?

in Thief

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

This is what I was saying as well, if you were a valk DD BS build where your damage was basically crits, this hit you hard

yes this is true, i have used glass cannon full instagib build still lost 25% damage, i used D/P build same thing with valkyrie set but so much weaker 20% , next i used S/D kitten that kitten its weaker than D/P, then i used PD condi dire set all dire. takes forever to kill.

i wish they would allow us to rechange the stat on ascended. just spend a kitten ton of gold and effort building 2 toons and just got trashed.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Vote with your feet people. Just play something else for a month or two. They won’t do a dam thing unless they actually see changes on their metrics.

And by something else I don’t mean another class, I mean other GAME.

in Thief

Posted by: Belgarion.1975

Belgarion.1975

Don’t know for PVE/WvW, but in spvp with trickery build D/P i have jump critical domage 200% to 202% with ferocity….

I didn’t see nerf on dmg at all… i have see up from target’s sustain.
But not nerf dmg.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

It truly does nerf Hidden Killer backstab thieves much more than 10%. It is very noticeable and irritating. One can only hope that after the dust settles we get some adjustments to compensate.

in Thief

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Don’t know for PVE/WvW, but in spvp with trickery build D/P i have jump critical domage 200% to 202% with ferocity….

But not nerf dmg.

The reason why you went “up” in critical damage is because they added the base crit damage onto the number to hide the nerf.

Base crit damage is 100%. So if you had 200% before. You only have 102% now. That’s almost half your crit damage gone.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in Thief

Posted by: Belgarion.1975

Belgarion.1975

But not nerf dmg.

The reason why you went “up” in critical damage is because they added the base crit damage onto the number to hide the nerf.

Base crit damage is 100%. So if you had 200% before. You only have 102% now. That’s almost half your crit damage gone.

You are wrong.

Base crit is since start of the game 150 %
Zerk jewel gave 20 % crtical dommage
Build gave 30 %
So, its was 200 % DCC before patch.

Now its 150 % base and ferocity add ~52 %
i have 447 ferocity with jewel => 447/15 = 29.8
i have +300 ferocity with build => 300/ 15 = 20
In fact i have now 150
29.8+20=199.8 without rune on armor…

Like they said, ferocity only will have a real impact in PVE and WvW. on Spvp nothing is changing.

in Thief

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

you are wrong.

before update base crit = 150% dmg was equal 0 crit dmg in stats. so my 116% in stats was 150+116 = 266% crit dmg in fact. now it’s 220% or something like that. you can calculate 266-220 % of crt.dmg I lost.

but I about www ofcause

(edited by fumcheg.1936)

in Thief

Posted by: Shiver.5903

Shiver.5903

fumcheg <— Quoted for truth.

I run a Power-Crit heavy build.
I went from effective 253% Crit to 211%. I crit for ~83,40% of what I used to, that is a ~16-17% nerf.
Yes, my attacks still pack a punch.
Is this still a huge nerf? Yes, it is.
Where did it come from? Not sure.

“They want less Damage Spike from Crit”… so they nerfed the spike, but didn’t buff the Avg Power damage. This translates into Less Damage overall, period… not just less Spike.

I liked other changes they made (example second sigil on two-hander, the availibility of the skins, WvW XP shared, etc… but all classes get access to it, it’s not like Power-Crit builds have any special access there…). So don’t get me wrong, this patch is awesome on many aspects, but I just don’t get this one.

And with the % change of Proc on crit on some Sigils (improved) and other things I might have missed, the ROI on Crit-Chance is not exactly the same (lets not have tunnel vision), so the overall damage drop (Crit+Non-crit) might really be around ~5-10%, depending on your build, Crit-Chance, previous Crit-Dmg, Sigils involved, etc. But that is still huge.

—> All in all, the “WTF” question comes from this:
We live in a Bunker-Condi meta to my knowledge in both WvW and sPvP, and yet they implement a significant nerf on Power-Crit builds.

That, I don’t understand. But anyways, I won’t give in Condi, I won’t reroll, I will stay true to Power-Crit Thief.
Nerf after nerf.
Until the next “Thief is OP” thread.

But I don’t get this. Please, Game-Balance team or experienced players, enlighten me. How is this change ‘good’ for the game and build diversity, considering the current meta?

in Thief

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

There really is no point in playing a power build after this patch. Complete waste of time. The ferocity change is not even about how thieves get nerfed it’s that all power classes did. I played a pretty uncommon power necro and now there is no point in playing that anymore. Lost all desire to play this game.

CD

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The premise of this discussion is wrong. It’s not 10% from Crit Damage alone, so you can stop focusing on that.

The changes on sigils and runes, especially those with increased proc chance, are also factors that needs considerations in calculating your overall damage output.

As of now, it’s too early to tell the impact of this change. Looking at the numbers on your stats will only lead you to a wrong conclusion.

However, I do agree that it’s sucks for those who “wasted” time and money crafting their ascended armor. That should be enough to discourage people from further wasting their time on stupid features like crafting ascended gears. I never understood why they and their materials are bound.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

The premise of this discussion is wrong. It’s not 10% from Crit Damage alone, so you can stop focusing on that.

The changes on sigils and runes, especially those with increased proc chance, are also factors that needs considerations in calculating your overall damage output.

As of now, it’s too early to tell the impact of this change. Looking at the numbers on your stats will only lead you to a wrong conclusion.

However, I do agree that it’s sucks for those who “wasted” time and money crafting their ascended armor. That should be enough to discourage people from further wasting their time on stupid features like crafting ascended gears. I never understood why they and their materials are bound.

Well the thing is yes and somewhat no, I mean not as expensive as ascended but, I bought Trav runes a ways back, thats about 60g. Now I can mitigate the dmg to my crit with other runes but as I said, that’s 60g I spent before, so other alternatives are sought after