100% initiative only

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

How would you guys feel if thieves went 100% initiative only and no cooldowns for steal, utilities, and elite skills. Would that just be a horrible idea or it depends?

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

That would be a good idea actually.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I might actually find a use for Traps if they cost 1/2 initiative each.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

How would you guys feel if thieves went 100% initiative only and no cooldowns for steal, utilities, and elite skills. Would that just be a horrible idea or it depends?

How would elites work? All your initiative? That’s still a lot of dagger storms.

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Wraithforge.8710

Wraithforge.8710

This could be an absolutely fantastic idea. Very seriously. We need more reasons to press * different * buttons more often anyway. I don’t like spamming so much, but we don’t many other options at this point. Your idea could clear that up.

Could be fun, at least.

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

Won’t happen. Utilities, Heal and Elite are how it is for every class. Until that changes, not likely to happen.

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: drake.2135

drake.2135

Perhaps elites would be less powerful if this were the case. That or there would be an effect that stops initiative regeneration. Something of the sort, and the Tricks trait line would increase Condition Damage and initiative regeneration. Who knows, might have something to look forward to.

“The beginning is the beginning. The end is also the beginning.”
~Drake from Blackgate

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

It’s an awful idea, it would completely cripple what little utility we have and further compounds the bottleneck caused by initiation in pvp.

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

That is very interesting, never thought of it that way, although it would cause a lot of balance issues which might not be able to be wheedled out. Hehehe, thinking of spamming like 5 caltrops over and over!

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

It will cause many precast problems.Also i smell Perma-Shadow Refuge.
How about Hide in Shadows. Or Roll For Initiative that actually give back Initiative.
In general imagine GW2 as a big and complex system with very fragile balance.Even the smallest changes cause a “Butterfly Effect”,let alone such major changes like removing initiative system or going to 100% initiative system.I think that it will be much more useful if we use our imagination to give ideas how to fix the existing subpar skills and weapon sets.

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

(edited by ZLE.8293)

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

Roll for initiative OP, gives infinite initiative, and escapes.

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

We can’t manage utility with ini too if ini pool stay at 12/15. They need to improve the ini pool so, yes would be funny use ini also for utility/heal/elite. No maybe better without elite.

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: brunohstein.9038

brunohstein.9038

Thieves would be completely overpowered.

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Alex.6940

Alex.6940

It would definitely make the class more interesting to play but would require an almost complete redesign of healing, utility and elite skills to balance it. You would properly have to increase the amount of initiative or initiative regeneration thieves have as well, which could also cause some of the weapon skills to become unbalanced if we can spam them for longer. So you’d have to rebalance them as well.

It would probably just be easier to add a new profession to the game built around this :P

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Honestly, the Initiative thing is already stretching things too much. We have a single resource to power 4 skills. Making it a single resource for 8 skills would either stretch it so thin we’d spend even more time autoattacking, or inevitably make one of our utilities too strong when spammed.

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

if utilities will be changed to initiative based skills, i think it will be a dissaster

imagine if healing ability will cost 6 initiative

all 7-9 skills will use 7 initiative

elite skill 8 initiative

scenario 1: if we missed CnD, and we want to heal immediately, = death

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

OP: This would be great if no ability cost more than 5 init, however if implemented, I have a feeling they would make abilities cost like 8 init. Problem with that, sometimes your in a fight and out of init and you want to use one of those abilities to gain back some init either from stealth, like a hide in shadows, or you want to pop dagger storm to reflect some projectiles as you kite away from the enemy for a minute.

Just another noob thief…

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Cant happen.

Our utilities, heals, and elites were designed with CD’s in mind. Our weapon set skills were designed with Initiative in mind. If you wanted to switch All non weapon skills to Initiative (or all weapon skills to CD, like many whiners on the PvP boards are constantly crying for), it would require a complete redesign of said skills, and that’s just not going to happen.

This would also make our non weapon skills just as bland as our weapon skills – they have to be powerful enough to be worth using, but not so powerful as to be broken when spammed – this would lead to designs like most of our weaponsets, IE, 1 good DPS skill, 3 utility only skills that (generally) cost too much initiative, and auto-attack.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Elmuerto.9840

Elmuerto.9840

Yeah I agree with evil

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Arthrone.7964

Arthrone.7964

Aye then you can make ini regeneration focused build and no one can hit you (*skill+steal>>change target) rinse and repeat. Don’t need stealth anymore because thief will be everywhere and nowhere. Now add to it 200ms latency and this forum will become official public sorrow and anger exhibition.

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Aervius.2016

Aervius.2016

Bad idea.
Shadow Refuge on no cooldown would mean perma-stealthed Thief (+4 allies) not to mention that a SA spec’d Thief regens a LOT of ini with Infusion of Shadow.

It would basically mean that any thief player with a brain would take nothing but Stealth skill Utilities so as to offset the cost of the skills.

Cooldowns are fine as is.
Like many people have already said, it would effectively take an entire redesign of the Thief class to balance it.

Kolt – Human Thief
[NEX]
#swaguuma

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Bad idea.
Shadow Refuge on no cooldown would mean perma-stealthed Thief (+4 allies) not to mention that a SA spec’d Thief regens a LOT of ini with Infusion of Shadow.

It would basically mean that any thief player with a brain would take nothing but Stealth skill Utilities so as to offset the cost of the skills.

Like many people have already said, it would effectively take an entire redesign of the Thief class to balance it.

1) not like permastealthing impossible right now
2) I’d rather spam blinding powder over shadow refuge. Allies can walk freely and you keep blinding opponents. Shadow refuge just asks a necromancer to throw all his marks and wells in it.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

100% initiative only

in Thief

Posted by: Aervius.2016

Aervius.2016

Bad idea.

1) not like permastealthing impossible right now
2) I’d rather spam blinding powder over shadow refuge. Allies can walk freely and you keep blinding opponents. Shadow refuge just asks a necromancer to throw all his marks and wells in it.

Well, in my defense I never claimed that it was impossible, but few Thieves (at least on BP) are spec’d to pull it off with just utilities.
Shadow Refuge regens 10 initiative in 4 seconds with Infusion of Shadow, so even if Shadow Refuge cost 10 Initiative, a SA build thief could perma-stealth indefinitely.

Second, that’s also assuming that a Necromancer is in the vacinity and carrying a staff, which admittedly most good ones will be, but there are bads in every profession.

Kolt – Human Thief
[NEX]
#swaguuma