102% Crit chance.

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

So with the new signet buff I was actually able to hold a 102% crit chance. Keep in mind that’s not using hidden killer rather EVERY attack I used was going to have a capped 100% crit chance. I know if I went with rabid gear I could get the crit chance higher but I don’t think there is much of a reason to break 102% lol.

Just a example of the dmg output on various players in WvW
(all were 80 and the damage range is just general from several players killed with each skill)

10-15K pistol whips
9-13K unloads
7-14K backstabs

The one I like the most was Haste -> Unload spamming. People would drop in a heartbeat. The PW spam was only good versus a guard or warrior because of their health pools. Back stab is always that much for me (hidden killer usually) so nothing new there.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

What gear are you running?

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Shirts.3275

Shirts.3275

Pics or it didn’t happen

[RIOT]Shirts
Thief/Warrior/Engineer
http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

Pics or it didn’t happen

I’d like to see as well, I got to 104% crit chance (109% if you count sigil) with fury.

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I’m sorry, but there’s no way that you’re hitting that hard on level 80’s geared in exotics, so either you’re lying, or you’re greatly exaggerating. Second of all, unless you’re in Rampagers or something with full precision ascended trinkets and using max precision food, you’re not going to get a critical hit chance that high, and if you do, then you don’t have the power for the numbers that you claim to be getting.

I call bullkitten until you post proof.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Crit chance is irrelevant for your burst, unlike Crit damage. There is no reason to run with 100% crit, when you can boost power instead.

Also, 13k unload is a lie. Its around 7-9k on equally geared players. 13k would only probably be possible against someone upleveled with 25 weakness stacks on him. Also P/P is like the worst weapon set for wvw – even Shortbow and clusterbomb shotgun is better.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

(edited by Preacher.9018)

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

perhaps he is using a Superior Sigil of Perception , which also gives ~20% crit.
That way you could reach this crit-chance.

But you will be a G/C yourself, of course such dmg values are possible against other class – or upleveled chars.

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

perhaps he is using a Superior Sigil of Perception , which also gives ~20% crit.

But you will be a G/C yourself, of course such dmg values are possible against other class – or upleveled chars.

Sigil of perception gives 12%, just a fyi.

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Sigil of perception gives 12%, just a fyi.

Yeah, 250 precision / ~21 = ~12%

Also, the fact that the OP creates a thread about Crit Chance, and then posts damage amounts leads me to believe that they don’t understand what they are talking about.

[AoN] All or Nothing

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/thief/?7.0|a.1o.a4.a.1o.a4|5.1o.a4|1o.7h.1o.7h.1o.7h.1o.7h.1o.7h.1o.7h|21n.0.21n.0.31n.0.21n.0.31n.0.2s.0|u39b.u16b.a4.0.0|39.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

So yeah its possible. But that will only give you around 3k attack which on something so glassy isn’t so great. Nor is 53% crit damage. The damage figures you’re proposing though are total bull. 15k pistol whip with 53% crit damage and less than 2k power? Not a chance mate. Oh and that is whilst using a terrible build, 30 in power is kind of pointless but necessary for something like this. Without it you won’t even get close to 3k attack…. 0 pts in power like I actually run, and its like 2700 atk.

Aurora Glade [EU]

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Crit Chance is caped at 70% doesn’t matter if you have 300% crit chance, it is caped at 70% (even with fury boon)

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Crit Chance is caped at 70% doesn’t matter if you have 300% crit chance, it is caped at 70% (even with fury boon)

lol no

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Tell me, where the hell did you get that info? It’s ‘capped’ at 100%. You can go higher but obviously you can’t crit more than all the time.

Aurora Glade [EU]

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Tell me, where the hell did you get that info? It’s ‘capped’ at 100%. You can go higher but obviously you can’t crit more than all the time.

This is also incorrect. Sometimes I crit twice, or even three times, in the same hit.

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: sidneijr.7051

sidneijr.7051

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/thief/?7.0|a.1o.a4.a.1o.a4|5.1o.a4|1o.7h.1o.7h.1o.7h.1o.7h.1o.7h.1o.7h|21n.0.21n.0.31n.0.21n.0.31n.0.2s.0|u39b.u16b.a4.0.0|39.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

So yeah its possible. But that will only give you around 3k attack which on something so glassy isn’t so great. Nor is 53% crit damage. The damage figures you’re proposing though are total bull. 15k pistol whip with 53% crit damage and less than 2k power? Not a chance mate. Oh and that is whilst using a terrible build, 30 in power is kind of pointless but necessary for something like this. Without it you won’t even get close to 3k attack…. 0 pts in power like I actually run, and its like 2700 atk.

Fixed for you:

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/thief/?7.0|a.1o.a4.a.1o.a4|5.1o.a4|1o.7h.1o.7h.1o.7h.1o.7h.1o.7h.1o.7i|21n.d14.21n.d14.31n.d1a.21n.d1a.31n.d1a.2s.d14|u39b.u13b.a4.0.0|39.7|0.5g.0.0.0|e

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

It’s obvious this guy is a troll, as he hasn’t posted again. Not even with over 3500 attack and 122% crit damage with every hit landing as a crit would you see those high end damage numbers unless they were on a vulnerable stacked underleveled noob. Noob being the key term, as anyone that doesn’t stun break and get out of your rooted pistol whip sucks. Anyone that doesn’t block/dodge/reflect the second your slow unload starts is a noob. The only numbers that may have merit on a real 80 is backstab on a build like mine where you pre-up with Assassin’s Signet and your steal/CnD brought them to below 50% on a glass cannon target. THERE I have seen a 14k hit. Of course the stars aligned to make that number happen make it complete overkill and pointless.

The Unload is what I find most priceless – I used to try so hard to use P/P in WvW. Had to love the difference of my being able to kill someone or not is if they knew how to dodge. Add in a Guardian with bubbles and reflects, and you might as well just hand them your pistols. My own thief has never died to a P/P thief on any build I’ve had – stealth builds they can’t even attack me half the time, and with no mobility, they’re easy as pie to get behind and blast. If they dare go GS with their pistols, one combo knocks them. And if I’m not a stealth build, I’m a mobility build, so I’m either dodging or breaking the LoS of the unloads. Not that if I stood and let it hit me in the face would it kill me. Sadly the Haste Nerf hurt pistols from even when I tried it actively – that attack rate actually made Unload fast enough that you could bait the dodges and actually get two or three off before they could dodge again and I was able to actually get kills.

As it stands, the only way you’ll effectively get kills with P/P is in a group so you’re not a single easily avoided target. Of course assuming that the party is also hitting that target, as most likely anything other than a glass cannon will just ignore it and heal for more than you hit them.

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

It is actually possible to get over 100% critical chance with the Thief, without using Fury. Your health just have to be over 90%, you have to use a dual skill, and hit your foe from behind or the side.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQJAqaEBnREbP2ZOBAA-TkAg1CqIwRhjDHDOScs4MIA

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

the 100%+ is easily possible, heck it was before the signet boost but for a direct damage build whats the point unless your stacking high amounts of critical damage which then makes it harder to actually hit the 100% without relying on fury or positional trait boosts your going to be able to manage more damage with power stacking than with the perma-crit.

With base critical damage levels (80% damage increase on crits for thieves with critical traits line) you’d accomplish the same damage increase by increasing your power by 80% with no critical chance, with the power level of around 2000 people are getting in their builds (which I realize are far from optimal) a power level of 3600 (possible for thieves) and you’d do more damage even if you never crit. However that builds not only going to have that power but its going to be sitting on around a 50% crit rate and a heck of a lot more critical damage…

So yeah 100% crit rate possible(without fury), not really advantageous for people wanting to do direct damage and highly unlikely to be guarantee numbers like in the OP

(edited by Dasorine.1964)

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: archive.9073

archive.9073

I don’t understand the reasoning for using “rampagers” stat set since you can achieve 100%+ crit chance with zerker and still maintain 100%+ crit damage. Rampager’s doesn’t have anywhere near the dps stats to achieve any noteworthy numbers.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/thief/?7.3|8.1g.h1.a.1g.h8|5.1g.h1|1g.7h.1g.7h.1g.7h.1g.7h.1g.7h.1g.7h|2s.d14.2s.d14.3s.d1a.2s.d14.3s.d1a.2s.d14|p39.u31b.0.0.f5|39.7|57.5g.5c.5b.5u|e

With this setup you still have high crit damage @ 118% and 100%+ crit chance after fury. 88% base crit chance without sigil of perception stacks, “You gain +10 precision each time you kill a foe. (max 25 stacks and ends on down)”.

With access to fury on steal and activation @ 50% target health your should have over 100% when it matters.

Granted this has 100%+ crit chance which imo is redundant since you could be boosting power in certain places instead which would add more dmg. But to each their own, I guess the OP wanted to crit on every hit, his dps figures are way off though unless he was beating on upscaled lvl 2 characters that were completely naked.

(edited by archive.9073)

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Professor Sensei.2941

My set is full zerk. Like 100% of my gear is zerk. I use sigil of force on almost all my weapon sets somewhere and when those numbers were taken it was with a 30/30/0/0/10 build. Below is a picture of my stats when I was roaming in EB hitting those numbers. The build is trash in anything but a 1v1 but it will still give you a giggle or two doing it.

Attachments:

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Issues.5789

My set is full zerk. Like 100% of my gear is zerk. I use sigil of force on almost all my weapon sets somewhere and when those numbers were taken it was with a 30/30/0/0/10 build. Below is a picture of my stats when I was roaming in EB hitting those numbers. The build is trash in anything but a 1v1 but it will still give you a giggle or two doing it.

Okay show pics without hiding the rest of the screen as I’m sure you had fury. What you’re saying isn’t adding up. I can do the same thing as you but show 104%, show a full screenshot.

Attachments:

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Rexatyr.2893

Rexatyr.2893

He must have had fury, (2554-916)/21=78, plus 4% base crit chance means 82%, adding fury gets him to 102%.
Not that it mattered all that much, thieves have pretty good access to fury if you really want it.
Funniest application of this build would propably be HS spam. Hell, with 100% crit and full zerker that should hit pretty decent even on higher health targets. Most likely not as good as a standard burst combo, but hey, it’s fun and that’s what matters

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Issues.5789

He must have had fury, (2554-916)/21=78, plus 4% base crit chance means 82%, adding fury gets him to 102%.
Not that it mattered all that much, thieves have pretty good access to fury if you really want it.
Funniest application of this build would propably be HS spam. Hell, with 100% crit and full zerker that should hit pretty decent even on higher health targets. Most likely not as good as a standard burst combo, but hey, it’s fun and that’s what matters

In what universe is spamming 1 button fun? :S , and yes he had to have fury; that’s why he didn’t show the full picture.

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Professor Sensei.2941

Yes I had fury. Thrill of the crime and furious retaliation makes it to where you hold fury the entire time your bursting your target. I don’t understand why that’s an issue though. The numbers produced don’t change.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

102% Crit chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

10k hp? yyyyyyyouch……good luck ….horrible build :P