10K Mug.

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

I land 5-7K mugs often. Sometimes 8K+ but I was very confused when I instagibbed someone with just mug. I checked to make sure they were fully geared. Curious to see if ya’ll have seen this happen?

Attachments:

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I think you just outplayed him.

….or he was upleveled…a lot.

(edited by Dee Jay.2460)

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Happened from time to time when I was still toying around with the glass cannon build(s). Usually it’s on Light armored targets that are upscaled. I think ArenaNet should buff the upscaled players a tiny bit more, at least defensively.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

The way damage calculations work, if the target is actually missing armor slots (e.g. so upleveled that they are missing shoulders, or a helm or something), then the damage they take is amplified a lot.

If they are “just upleveled” but have all gear slots, the damage will be more ‘normal’ like an 8k Mug.

Edit:

Ok I just read Dee Jay’s comment and laughed my kitten off. “Outplayed”. Hahaha.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

(edited by EasymodeX.4062)

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Well, you are certainly the definition of a GC. I think there is a random change that any attack will have a massive amount of damage. Think about it the same as a precursor dropping from a chest. Its possible… you just need to get lucky that one time.

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Most likely they’re a low level with zero armor.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

frenzy perhaps?

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Would having all damaged armor from not repairing have an effect? Maybe he forgot to repair and was running around “nekkid”.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: Sirius.9721

Sirius.9721

Can also be he was in town cloth, i’ve had a thief do that to me when i was in my invader gear, but had changed to town cloth to troll around.

Red Guard – Sïrïus

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

You killed a Blackgater in one hit, no one is going to cry or miss them. Good job.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Im sorry but i am crying of laughter right now. Not at you but I can only imagine someones reaction if they are inexperienced and they are strolling along in wvw and they just go down. Not even hit or slashed a bit, they were just walking and the very next second they are on the ground.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Im sorry but i am crying of laughter right now. Not at you but I can only imagine someones reaction if they are inexperienced and they are strolling along in wvw and they just go down. Not even hit or slashed a bit, they were just walking and the very next second they are on the ground.

Reading this made me think about it…and i rofl’d so hard >.<

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Lol. It’s the perfect way to get rid of all the new players coming into WvW. Come strolling out from the spawn and snip you’re dead without seeing what happened -> repeat.

Time to kill someone in this game is flawed. Shouldn’t be possible to down people in only couple of seconds. And even less so instantly.

All is vain.

(edited by Boomstin.3460)

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

I’ve gone down almost as fast in level 80 exotics. Sad. Ironically I had +150 vit and +150 toughness at the time, which isn’t much, but it’s not complete glass (only mostly).

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

Upleveled warrior that was probably wearing zerker gear + Frenzy.

Baruch Bay.

10K Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Upleveled warrior that was probably wearing zerker gear + Frenzy.

Actually I can confirm it was a fully geared upleveled ele. They used mistform after I CnD’d them on the ground. The only reason why I don’t have a picture of the corpse is because there were 4-5 around them so I was just doing a quick hit and run on my way to OL.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple