11k Cloak and dagger

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

So I was just wvwing and got hit for a crap ton of damage instantly and died. How is this possible?
I Run a mix of Valk and PVT gear I have 17k Health with 2400 armor. I understand I have low armor but I have NEVER seen a cloak and dagger hit this high, what would his backstab of hit for?

Attachments:

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Bacon Please.8407

Not to mention the 3.2k Steal, 4227 infiltrators strike. The most I’ve seen steal hit for going full glass cannon is 2.2k post- mug nerf

Jade Quarry

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

another one of these….

are we to make a thread everytime an axe warrior hits a 15k+ eviscerate?

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Bacon Please.8407

Full glassacannon I can hit maybe 5-6k on another glass cannon with C+d.

So it is fair to assume he can hit a 20K+ Back stab?

Fact is Eviscerate is warriors go to skill for damage on axe, it is the damage.

For daggers It is back stab but this guy managed to nearly top my highest backstab with Cloak and dagger.

This isn’t a flame thread, I asked for an explination

Jade Quarry

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: PwnsFroggles.7561

PwnsFroggles.7561

He probably just got lucky with the rng gods

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

4.227 Infiltrator strike
10831 CaD
4.227/2.6=1625 1625*2400=3901846/1010=3863/0,748=5168 attack power
10831/2,6=4165 4165*2400=9996000/981=10189/1,624=6274 attack power in this time your HP is < 50% = 6274/1,20=5228 power.

All this DMG is imposible vs 2400 armor =)

1, you are liar and your armor is < 2400
2, this thief using exploit/hack

To: Konrad.9587

4227 dmg – (your increase dmg stats>15%10%20%10%=55%10% wurne=65%)= 2561 crit dmg / 2.6 (50% passive +110% drit dmg rating) = 985*2400=2364755/0,748=3161473/1010=3130 attack power-

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
OupĂ­ lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

(edited by Evilek.5690)

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Bacon Please.8407

4.227 Infiltrator strike
10831 CaD
4.227/2.6=1625 1625*2400=3901846/1010=3863/0,748=5168 attack power
10831/2,6=4165 4165*2400=9996000/981=10189/1,624=6274 attack power in this time your HP is < 50% = 6274/1,20=5228 power.

All this DMG is imposible vs 2400 armor =)

1, you are liar and your armor is < 2400
2, this thief using exploit/hack

I have exactly 2382 armor. Sorry I was 18 off?

Jade Quarry

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

1. you took damage before the C&D, your health was below 50%, hence his Executioner trait was in effect (20% damage increase),

2. he likely had sigils of night + force on his weapons (15% increase) and runes of scholar (10% increase),

3. Assassin’s Signet (15% increase) and Dagger Training (5% increase),

4. you probably had some conditions (10% increase),

5. you probably had some vulnerability stacks,

6. he was likely buffed through the roof with might, fury and consumables, and was wearing BiS zerker gear.

tl;dr, Bearing all these damage modifiers and RNG in mind, 10,831 C&D isn’t strange.

(edited by Konrad.9587)

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

For daggers It is back stab but this guy managed to nearly top my highest backstab with Cloak and dagger.

I hit a 15k and a 20k backstab today. It wasn’t hard. The only hard thing was surviving more than 3s with the build as you have 0 survivability, 0 escapes, and 0 utility. A zerker warrior wanted to see how much damage I could take with that build. 2 gs auto attacks dropped me low enough to proc last refuge from full hp. He didn’t even get to land the 3rd, more powerful auto attack.

The trick is 3 signets (one being assassin obv), the might on signet trait, and the new shadow trap. Gives 25 stacks of might and fury. 25-30 build with scholar runes. I wasn’t even using the right sigils on my weapons. I had a bloodlust sigil with 0 stacks and a quickness sigil that didn’t proc. No food present either. I hit 15k from full hp, no conditions, 20k half hp with poison or something. Both times the target had 0 vuln. Just imagine if you had a group that stacked the might for you, allowing for some real utilities so you can survive as well as do damage.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

(edited by randomfightfan.4091)

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

1. you took damage before the C&D, your health was below 50%, hence his Executioner trait was in effect (20% damage increase),

2. he likely had sigils of night + force on his weapons (15% increase) and runes of scholar (10% increase),

3. Assassin’s Signet (15% increase) and Dagger Training (5% increase),

4. you probably had some conditions (10% increase),

5. you probably had some vulnerability stacks,

6. he was likely buffed through the roof with might, fury and consumables, and was wearing BiS zerker gear.

tl;dr, Bearing all these damage modifiers and RNG in mind, 10,831 C&D isn’t strange.

LOL 10.8k CND isnt strangle , blasphemy…i would of love to see his backstab for pete’s sake lmao

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Seems like this guy probably was full glass and maxed out on his Critical Damage and power. I’m just taking this from as much as I hit last time I tested Zerk in WvW.

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

It’s possible, but only if the circumstances permit.

First off he’s probably running full ascended w/ max damage traits and signet might stacking. You had to be below 50% HP before the CnD landed and you have to be of light profession/semi glassy

He also has to probably sacrifice his heal, and all his utilities to get the signet might stacking build.

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I hit a 15k and a 20k backstab today. It wasn’t hard. The only hard thing was surviving more than 3s with the build as you have 0 survivability, 0 escapes, and 0 utility. A zerker warrior wanted to see how much damage I could take with that build. 2 gs auto attacks dropped me low enough to proc last refuge from full hp. He didn’t even get to land the 3rd, more powerful auto attack.

The trick is 3 signets (one being assassin obv), the might on signet trait, and the new shadow trap. Gives 25 stacks of might and fury. 25-30 build with scholar runes. I wasn’t even using the right sigils on my weapons. I had a bloodlust sigil with 0 stacks and a quickness sigil that didn’t proc. No food present either. I hit 15k from full hp, no conditions, 20k half hp with poison or something. Both times the target had 0 vuln. Just imagine if you had a group that stacked the might for you, allowing for some real utilities so you can survive as well as do damage.

Shadow Trap does that? Holy kitten.

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

So I was just wvwing and got hit for a crap ton of damage instantly and died. How is this possible?
I Run a mix of Valk and PVT gear I have 17k Health with 2400 armor. I understand I have low armor but I have NEVER seen a cloak and dagger hit this high, what would his backstab of hit for?

this means my 3k c&d that i do will also be nerfed ?
if you got 11k dmg, then it means on BS you get 35k ?

your equipment was broken, i guess

(edited by DanH.5879)

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

c&n damage coefficient: 1.5
BS damage coefficient: 2.3

11k c&d equals a 11/1.5 × 2.3 = 16.8k BS

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

There is 5 people in the combat log hitting you in that short duration, ofcourse you died instantly HAHAHAHAHA.

Thief.

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Elso.9580

Elso.9580

Another complaint about thief. Big surprise. I’ve hit a 16k backstab before so this isn’t unlikely. Given it was on CoF slave driver with about 20 stacks of might and I had 5/6 ascended trinkets. I had 110% crit damage with ruby orbs attached. It was a 25/30/0/0/15 build going full glass cannon with like 11k health. I run more of a survival build now going 0/20/30/20/0 with about 17k health and PvT armor and I’ve still hit 6-8k backstabs on light classes in WvW so a complete zerker thief could fairly easily hit 10k on you but that would be about the limit to his damage as zerker thieves can barely survive a hundred blades and a few GS autos take us down fairly quick :P.

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

another one of these….

Yeah, probably. Could give it a try and see what happens.

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Well, the good news is that in WvW I once chain-feared a thief for 8 seconds of terror, doing 1350 damage per second each time, doing 10K damage to him.

It’s all good.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

another one of these….

I hope you guys realize this is the same warrior that made the thread my second link links to. o. e

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

my full zerker thief with any spec without 30 points in SA get 1-shotted by eviscerates all the time .

Its WvW kitten and that’s the way it is – you hit hard / you die fast !
In sPvP you won’t see these values .

If you don’t like that specc defensive and run with vitality/toughness gear !

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

my full zerker thief with any spec without 30 points in SA get 1-shotted by eviscerates all the time .

Its WvW kitten and that’s the way it is – you hit hard / you die fast !
In sPvP you won’t see these values .

If you don’t like that specc defensive and run with vitality/toughness gear !

If people have a problem with evicerate then they’re just as noob as the people who complain about backstab. The only bad burst ability in wvw is killshot. That’s only b/c it’s line aoe and 1500 range. I would be off-set by the charge time but since you’ll never see a warrior in the middle of a zerg charging up, the delay means nothing when you insta down 3 people who don’t even get the privilege of seeing where the attack came from. Make it single target and it’ll be completely fine.

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Bacon Please.8407

another one of these….

I hope you guys realize this is the same warrior that made the thread my second link links to. o. e

And I still stand by what I said

Jade Quarry

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

I was 1-shotting people with my mug and cloak and dagger yesterday in wvw. A lot of the time i wouldn;t even get to use my backstab on the opponent before they went down. I have a video of some of my kills, but im going to have to edit it before i post it anywhere. Unfortunately I got killed about 3-4 times more than i actually killed other people.

I was running the 4 signet and basi venom build that was posted on the forums a while back. The build was 30/30/0/0/10. You take mug, might on venom use, and extra dagger damage/ might on signets, 7% chance to crit from behind, and executioner/ and the 1500 range steal. You need to pop all 3 of your signets on your utility bar, and your healing signet to get 20 stacks of might, i also got 2 stacks from basi venom and had a warrior give me FGJ before i went so i was rocking 25 stacks of might and fury. (I actually think my attack broke 4.5k) and I use the 1500 range steal to try to instagib someone. (It’s absolutely hilarious, but you have so little initiative and no skills besides your weapon skills left after you attack, so you have almost no chance of surviving if you miss). The thief might have been running a similar build. Or maybe the rng gods gave him literally every chance to hit the perfect crit? Either way i wouldnt expect that to ever happen to you again

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

DanH.5879

so, the instagib build strikes again !

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

lvis.3824

you cannot instagib people who don’t run & specc glass themself.

And if they do, they will hit you as hard as you hit them.

It’s just WvW kitten // stat stacking

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

you cannot instagib people who don’t run & specc glass themself.

And if they do, they will hit you as hard as you hit them.

It’s just WvW kitten // stat stacking

Can still insta gib eles and guards b/c they have thief caliber hp pools. Just can’t insta gib necros or warriors since they have disgustingly high hp pools and passive damage mitigation. As said before, the instagib build is completely useless since you’re trapped in melee range, with armor of paper mache, and no way to get out. You better make sure your enemy is completely alone or else you’re f’d.

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

I have the solution!!!
Cloak and Dasgger should not crit anymore like Mug’s current state, also it should apply vulnerability on the thief. Nerf it!!!!

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

DanH.5879

I have the solution!!!
Cloak and Dasgger should not crit anymore like Mug’s current state, also it should apply vulnerability on the thief. Nerf it!!!!

i always knew that skill is too OP

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

lvis.3824

You can’t instagib a guard, cause he will have Aegis up, which will block the first attack anyway.

I doubt you will be able to “istagib” a bunker ele -

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I’d support the OP, but we were farming Maguuma at their spawn. I don’t have a night-specific weapon yet and don’t use Executioner and I’ve gotten 8k-ish C/D. It feels a little weird when you mug + c/d and the person goes from full health to downed before your backstab hits.

As for guardians, I start with short bow, plink them 5 or 6 times, wait for them to heal once and then BOOM, weapon swap / steal / c&d / bs.

Bunker eles can please die in their own fire, but non bunker usually go down within the first opening s/c&d/bs.

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Kreedz.8127

Kreedz.8127

another one of these….

I wasnt aware Warriors could Eviscerate for 15k from stealth and then follow it up with 2 equally hard hitting abilities to finish the target off?

But nah, youre right. This is definitely comparable to an avoidable ability like eviscerate.

11k Cloak and dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

another one of these….

I wasnt aware Warriors could Eviscerate for 15k from stealth and then follow it up with 2 equally hard hitting abilities to finish the target off?

But nah, youre right. This is definitely comparable to an avoidable ability like eviscerate.

I rarely get hit with backstabs. Completely avoidable.