2/0/0/6/6 with D/P

2/0/0/6/6 with D/P

in Thief

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Hello,

I see this build being used for dueling or 2v2. But not for tpvp. Probably there is a reason for this. I could not figure out what that is though. So what makes that build inferior in teamplay? I cant see why its popular with S/D and neglected with D/P.

enthusiastic noob

(edited by Nimrud.5642)

2/0/0/6/6 with D/P

in Thief

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

Because S/D you evade way more than D/P and probably the damage is better with S/D on low crit rates. Furthermore you have a teleport on the sword, which is just too good.

2/0/0/6/6 with D/P

in Thief

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Most of your stamina comes from Acro traits (Vigorous Recovery and Feline Grace) plus the evade from Withdraw. The only difference is Flanking Strike. Which obviously is an advantage, but not ‘way more’.

However the teleport is really good. Question is: is that the only factor to decide? D/P #4 and #5 are better than S/D #4 and #5. So its not that simple, or is it?

Dont get me wrong, I’m not here to ask for advice and then try to school others. I just want to make sure that I squeeze out the proper answers from the community.

enthusiastic noob

2/0/0/6/6 with D/P

in Thief

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

D/P is more dps oriented, so you have to trait into critical strikes for it. Since S/d relies on sigil procs and hard hitting attacks without modifiers, they can trait into acro.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

2/0/0/6/6 with D/P

in Thief

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

Flanking Strike does indeed make a hugh difference in team fights. You will evade a lot of AoE with that skill.