Xsorus.2507

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Auron.2657

Auron.2657

Let me guess, you got a friend to stand somewhere naked while you got all your buffs add posion +10% dmg and crit for 25k?

Best Thief EU.
New Video Coming Soon.
youtube.com/AuronGW2

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

The day I personally see this kind of number on the test golems, let alone spvp myself, is the day I’ll believe it to be this strong. Till then, cool story bro!

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Dronin.3957

Dronin.3957

please post the full screenshot.

WvW is almost a certainty where you outgeared a lower level player building pure glass cannon with several stacks of might, full exotics, crit food, 3 orbs, assassins signet, 30/30/x/x/x build, Sigil of force etc etc…

PvP is not balanced for WvW so dont use examples from it else you could post elementalists doing 70K damage with a single meteor storm, etc

(edited by Dronin.3957)

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Another reason to NERF this class..

Thief is so freaking op’ed.. Now we got 25k hits??!

ANet, fix this.. Nerf this freaking class..

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Macovan.3650

Macovan.3650

Another reason to NERF this class..

Thief is so freaking op’ed.. Now we got 25k hits??!

ANet, fix this.. Nerf this freaking class..

I don’t know whether it is a sarcasm. But if it is not – “Shut up noob!”))

Macovan – 80 Thief
Sanctum of Rall

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: HackerTeivospy.2031

HackerTeivospy.2031

it cant be wvwvw dronin

definitely set up but not in wvwvw

learn to speak and behave

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

Let me guess, you got a friend to stand somewhere naked while you got all your buffs add posion +10% dmg and crit for 25k?

^this…
The ‘victim’ is a warrior…
How on earth you hit high armor class with 25k?
You go to 0/16 SPvP server.The warrior strips and voila thief is OP.

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Was SPvP, nice try though.. Excuses much.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

^this…
The ‘victim’ is a warrior…
How on earth you hit high armor class with 25k?
You go to 0/16 SPvP server.The warrior strips and voila thief is OP.

Yeah, naked warrior using frenzy.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Xsorus.2507

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: cab.4072

cab.4072

The warrior had frenzy popped, most likely wearing a berserker amulet, with additional damage modifiers, nothing to see here folks.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: aylictal.5627

aylictal.5627

but i thought this was supposed to be set up?

and in wvw?

and the guy was naked?

like all the other thief defenders are saying in here?

hahahahah you guys will defend an OP ability to the grave.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

aylictal,me being a condition thief i use BS as much as you do being S/P rogue.
So i am not blindly defending OP ability.I don’t have explanation how this damage happened.I have never seen anything remote.The highest BS i received is about 10k.
I will try with exactly same Utility Skills on a golem.Pretty sure he uses Runes of Scolar.
But i doubt i will get anything remotely closer to this.

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

aylictal.5627

i haven’t eaten anything this high, but i have eaten 16 to 17k backstab hits.

that combined with mug and cnd = i’m dead, even with knight’s amulet on.

so what’s the freaking point in me going knight’s amulet in the first place with a swordpistol or shortbow build?

none. if i get hit by the mug, im dead.

it’s a stupid mechanic, and needs to be reworked.

edit: i meant knight’s, not soldier’s amulet.

(edited by aylictal.5627)

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

aylictal.5627

go try it on a golem ZLE.

i already swapped builds. my current build is roughly 16-17k on light golems. 14-15 on medium. and i’ve hit as high as 12 on heavy.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Tolfast.6289

Tolfast.6289

Post this build please, then we can all try it…

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Pimpslapper.2047

Pimpslapper.2047

In downed state, definitely possible…I run a backstab build, but have never come close to that even on softies. But good job nonetheless…

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Dronin.3957

Dronin.3957

ah so you hit a frenzy warrior who was glass cannon specced and you were glass cannon specced using assassins signet + frenzy for +100% damage

20 it was a 12.5k hit on glass cannon vs glass cannon and you had 20 stacks of power buff I assume for an extra 140 power

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

He only did 500dmg to you. Wow.

NERFNERFNERFNERFNERFNERF.

Anet. Nerf this class please. 25k is instakill for pretty much everyone.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Fury.6248

Fury.6248

Bad build, use a real build an you can get more then 1 kill per 45seconds. Besides with that spec you are the easiest player in the entire game to kill.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Xsorus.2507

"

The warrior had frenzy popped, most likely wearing a berserker amulet, with additional damage modifiers, nothing to see here folks."

Can you prove he had Frenzy popped?

Also i don’t believe anyone said he wasn’t glass cannon….But I don’t think anyone else sane believes that 25k damage Back stabs are reasonable.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frenzy_%28warrior_skill%29

Don’t use the skill, then get hit hard and then qq about it.

Nothing to nerf here. Just a kitten using frenzy and getting wrecked cause he probably missed with his glass cannon bull’s charge>frenzy>hundred blades combo.

If you notice, even his C&D hit for over 9k.

Just so baddies know what Hammer Toss is, it’s a downed interrupt skill.

Go learn your classes and skills before talking about balances. This is a pathetic display.

(edited by Kurow.6973)

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

aylictal.5627

even without the warrior hitting haste, that’d be a 5k cnd with a 17k backstab.

not many classes have over 22k health, even with amulets outside of berserkers (like knights for example).

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: cab.4072

cab.4072

Can you prove that he didn’t have Frenzy popped? The warrior got hit while frenzy was up, without a doubt.

Backstab cannot hit that high on a warrior without frenzy in use, and most likely some vulnerability stacks were present as well.

To be honest, changing assassin’s signet would solve all of these complaints.(yes a nerf unfortunately)

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Yadad.6925

Yadad.6925

Needless to say how you roll it, the thief class needs toned down because it is far exceeding anything classes that have burst damage.

Disagree and you have no clue on class balance.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Yeti.5267

Yeti.5267

Jesus guys. Backstab needs to be nerfed full stop. Stop trying to justify yourself. I play thief myself and I think crits that high is extremely unbalanced and game breaking.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Joric.5376

Joric.5376

25k backstab. Pah. A few days ago I was hitting a bird in WvWvW for 70k… and I was not stealthed. So go back to the drawing board and try again.

On a more serious note: I never saw that happen in sPvP, not even a number close to that. But I saw silly numbers on 100B spam, killshot and volley on a regular base (just because your “enemy” was a warrior).

50%+ of what you see in sPvP is coming from the person playing the toon plus some element of luck anyway… so stop that OP crying for thieves already please.

Make a video where you show that number 10 times in a row on a heavy armor golem and then a video where you slaughter some good players over and over again in tournaments using that 2-key trick.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Kneru.8014

Kneru.8014

Seriously betting you had your friend remove his gear, popped everything you could, and told him to stand still. Why else would you cut out everything but chat, instead of showing the entire screen?

To the rest of you (seemingly) believing this, not sure if trolls or crayon eaters.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

even if he had frenzy even if he had an huge brain damage even if he had no defense let us assume that

that is still huge dmg though

can anyone ACTULLY Confirm doing 18k+ on Spvp on someone (i dont care if the other dude is specced for full dmg and no defense ) he should have a chance to ‘’ one hit ’’ you also then

easiest to kill? stealth and run unless you would dive in a AEO Zerg off several ppl then you will probly die in seconds

(edited by Kuruptz.4782)

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Yeti.5267

Yeti.5267

Kneru. I’m not sure if you’re ignoring the facts or just plain stupid. There have been plenty of videos show casing how over powered back stab is.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

aylictal.5627

kneru he posted the full screen.

http://imageshack.us/a/img222/7613/mjo9wo.jpg

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Kneru.8014

Kneru.8014

Ahh, shouldve known those names sounded familiar. He just reposted a picture from a GW2Guru thread. Alot of might stacking, so yes, if you want to go for dual daggers in both swaps, be my guest. I’ll stick with my shortbow.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/64790-175k-self-buffed-backstabs-can-you-get-higher/#entry1951998

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: AXEL.8362

AXEL.8362

@Xsorus

A quote from where you got the pic

“Yes, the build is not meant to be practical, just a point of interest/a little funny sometimes to make people nerdrage. "

How does it feel to be so..mhh ..not so smart?

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Kraven.4936

Kraven.4936

One-trick ponies. I love playing against your kind.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

Oh look, I can do lots of damage too

Attachments:

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

LOL

Did you actually read the thread Xsorus stole this pic from?

It’s no wonder he didn’t include the link in his OP. Just another noob crying for nerfs.

/thread

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

This is definitely a stupid post, by a stupid person, making a stupid accusation so that he can feel safe when he is out in the open world of WvW.

Try harder.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Pucko.8675

Pucko.8675

I backstabbed a critter for 380k+ dmg. Can I have a nerf, pl0x?

I have no idea how people get these high bs crits, unless they are using special circumstances.
My highest bs crit is probably around 12k. And that was full on backstab glasscannon build with semi exotic gear. (daggers and 3/6 armor berserkers)

I have since respecced in to more survivabillity and added some valkyrie gear for the HP. And now I get about 8k BS with assa signet in full exotics.

However. The warrior was in downed state. I’m not sure if that made him take more damage or not. But if it did, then that is probably the answer.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Uder.9187

Uder.9187

Good job Anet, nerfing Pistol Whip while Backstab can one shot ppl….

The Iron Triangle – Desolation
Leina Shade | Svea Lightbringer | Maximus Ironhide | Mara Deathblossom

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Good job Anet, nerfing Pistol Whip while Backstab can one shot ppl….

A glass cannon SHOULD be able to 1-hit another glass cannon which is using frenzy and standing there waiting to be backstabbed.

Nothing to see here, really. My Warrior can also do 15k-crits on people who use frenzy, and I’m not talking about 100b.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

If we had 25-30k health like a warrior and a wonderful weapon selection I would have no issue with Backstab and Pistol whip nerfs. Unfortunately warrior gets to be the balanced profession and everything else is rotten apples.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Leon Heart XIII.4609

Leon Heart XIII.4609

Wait I though stabbing someone in the back is suppose to be powerful for a rogue class, take that away what do they have left…nothing! Do you whiners even know what a theif, rogue, or assassin is or how their mechanics work? sigh Freaken idiots!

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: CptCosmic.3156

CptCosmic.3156

he had frenzy on him for sure but it would still be a 16k crit without it… this does not happen very often though.

anyway, the denying here is epic. my thief hits up to 13k backstab on normal glass cannons and 8k on targets with 2k toughness. I can kill tank guardians in a second, they are dead before they can react. of course this is connected to alot of high cooldowns but it does not matter, in a tourney removing 1 player instantly from battle is huge advantage. my thief is not useless afterwards, he just does not instagib anyone anymore when the abilities are on cooldown.

you cant argue against this hard fact, trying is simple pointless and makes you look pathetic and bad.

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: RetroSamus.9860

RetroSamus.9860

Let them be. They just want to see this class nerfed to death because they can’t play it and lose to it. I just hope they are going to nerf our steal skill, because it does a shadow step and can do damage. Also they need to nerf our Elite’s with double cooldowns. We also need cool down on our skills. That makes it fair for everyone else. Also stealth needs to be removed this class. It is so unfair. Also give us a light armor because we have to much defence. /sarcasm

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: The Dude.6942

The Dude.6942

he had frenzy on him for sure but it would still be a 16k crit without it… this does not happen very often though.

anyway, the denying here is epic. my thief hits up to 13k backstab on normal glass cannons and 8k on targets with 2k toughness. I can kill tank guardians in a second, they are dead before they can react. of course this is connected to alot of high cooldowns but it does not matter, in a tourney removing 1 player instantly from battle is huge advantage. my thief is not useless afterwards, he just does not instagib anyone anymore when the abilities are on cooldown.

you cant argue against this hard fact, trying is simple pointless and makes you look pathetic and bad.

Makes you really feel like an idiot to go into toughness, to die in 2-3 seconds to a single player. The further problem with this extreme burst is that the thief is invisible most of the time during these very short fights. 16k backstab (if we substract +50% damage from warrior’s frenzy) is clearly too much.

Oh its a thief.
Oh he’s invisible now.
Oh I’m dead.

/skills

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

i guess, give other professions the ability to detect stealth, like giving Traits to warrior that makes their shouts detect hidden enemies in 1200 range radius

25k Backstab = Skillz

in Thief

Posted by: Cyric.7485

Cyric.7485

I backstabbed a warrior for 14k in WvW once, on average though my backstabs don’t usually surpass 10k. I build power/vitality/critical damage, IIRC my attack power is roughly 3.3k and my critical damage is 100 (250%).

That being said, I can’t imagine myself doing too much more damage than this even if I went full glass cannon. Not without an absurd amount of setup anyway, currently my only “setup” is to use Assassin’s Signet before I bury a dagger in someone’s spine.

Also, I suspect the warrior I backstabbed was whatever the warrior version of glass cannon is.

Losers make excuses, winners make it happen.