Helicity.3416

Presented without further comment.

Attachments:

Nemain/Kali Darru [FUN]

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

He opened on you for 10k… Whats your point?

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Seem legit for me. Do you happen to think that the thief don’t have any condi spec?

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

He opened on you for 10k… Whats your point?

A thief did damage in pvp. He clearly thought arenanet had fixed that problem.

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Helicity.3416

Helicity.3416

I think you’ll find that was 15.5k damage.

Nemain/Kali Darru [FUN]

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

No condi cleanse eh? You could have at least dodged part of the sneak attack, mitigating at least half of that damage since the venoms would be wasted without applying any condi stacks.

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Your point?

I mean, he dumped his whole utility bar to do that to you, and you didnt condi cleanse.

What do you want?

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

Wow, it’s really a shame that this game doesn’t have any way to remove conditions.

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Also, try fighting a burst mesmer, then post a 1 second combat log and I think you’ll find similar numbers.

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

okay, so you have no condi cleanse, dodged or mitigated none of the damage, basically just let him hit you. Most builds give you 13-20k health anyways, plus you have a heal that goes for anywhere from 2-6k.

this is a L2P problem

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Helicity.3416

Helicity.3416

okay, so you have no condi cleanse, dodged or mitigated none of the damage, basically just let him hit you. Most builds give you 13-20k health anyways, plus you have a heal that goes for anywhere from 2-6k.

this is a L2P problem

Yes, yes I did absolutely nothing. That kinda happens with Basilisk venom and dazesteal, doesn’kitten

Except there is a dodge in the log (which was as soon as possible), and (after the daze wore off) I should have had to use the cleanse I needed to counter the OTHER condi thief’s opener already, right?

Combined with perma stealth.

I definitely need to l2p, so I too can combat strategies that have literally no counterplay.

Nemain/Kali Darru [FUN]

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Dakarius.3284

Dakarius.3284

>Yes, yes I did absolutely nothing. That kinda happens with Basilisk venom and dazesteal, doesn’kitten

It’s called shadowstep. It’s a stunbreak and a condi clear.

>I should have had to use the cleanse I needed to counter the OTHER condi thief’s opener already, right?

I should hope you have more than 1 condi clear. I would also hope you don’t expect to have an equal chance 2v1.

>Combined with perma stealth.
> Cloak and Dagger

Yeah, considering there is no perma stealth with /d.. I’d say this is a clear case of l2p.

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Valarius.9437

Valarius.9437

I should have had to use the cleanse I needed to counter the OTHER condi thief’s opener already, right?

So two thieves attacked you in quick succession, you burnt your cleanses on one of them and then got decked by a second thief.

Your complaint is a condi Thief did a lot of damage when your counters were down.

And this is a problem?

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

… the OTHER condi thief’s opener already, right?

You mean this was two thieves?

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

This image proves that Pistol damage didn’t need any buff and that there was in fact a lot more important things to take care of. Biggest damage from Pistol I see here was Vital Shot for 173…

OP didn’t get killed by Pistol damage, he got killed by Perplexity runes, Poison damage, Torment damage, a lack of cleansing, and the effect of surprise.

In other words, heavy condition damage, that nowadays is completely unrestricted.

Case closed.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

… the OTHER condi thief’s opener already, right?

You mean this was two thieves?

Lmao

What do you want, OP

Just what do you want

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Wait this was a 2v1?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

No way someone here to complain that thieves are OP? I must be dreaming, did I go back in time?

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

I think we require further comment on what is wrong with this combat log.

>grabs popcorn
>drags metal chair loudly over floor
>sits and leans forward

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Ah yes condition removal so situational! If only the op had known they could have prepared. Also presented with 0 additional information we have to infer it was WvW infer they’re a condi thief that you didn’t counter play at all.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Seems legit, just pop a reflect, works on rangers :P

(edited by BobbyT.7192)

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Valarius.9437

Valarius.9437

this is pretty big guys, the first thief op thread in a long time….i predict a 25% nerf to pistols in the future.

Thieves can no longer attack somebody who is already fighting another player.

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Cyrus.4105

Cyrus.4105

Hi friend!

You seem to be thinking thieves are OP huh? Don’t worry, we’ll try and sort this issue out and send you on your way a happier and healthier person :)

But first I’d like to review some information with you if that is okay:

1. This was a 2v1, correct?
2. You didn’t use an evade or stunbreaker, correct?
3. You didn’t use a condi cleanse, correct?
4. If you’re complaining about 15.5k damage between two thieves, this must mean you’re a glass cannon correct?

If you answered yes to any or all of these, then I have the solution for you, worry not! :)

When a condition is applied to you, remove it. Those thieves just spent their entire utility bar attempting to squeeze another semi-viable build out of this profession, and it’s easily negated by a single cleanse.

When opened upon with Basilisk Venom, use a stunbreaker. This thing can only happen once every 45 seconds, and without it they’re left with no other choice but to book it like they heard momma calling for dinner.

Welcome to Thief in 2015, we suck, I hope I’ve been informative :)

Cyrus Neveris – Watchers of the Vale [WoV]

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

this is pretty big guys, the first thief op thread in a long time….i predict a 25% nerf to pistols in the future.

Thieves can no longer attack somebody who is already fighting another player.

Runescape PTSD memories lol…

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

lol too slow, people already replied to my old post…. too afraid of getting another infraction ;(.

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Uhh man.. These replies sooth my soul. I was literally eating popcorn.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

I like the part that he post a combat log of 3 seconds starting with sneak attack and complains about perma stealth.

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: vaan.2308

vaan.2308

Mommy, mommy 2 thieves killed me on my mesmer :c

3 seconds of combat log.

in Thief

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

I see what the problem is here. The thief/s in question did more than 2k dmg, and thus Thief profession is overpowered.

This could easily be solved with:
– Thiefs being ‘buffed’ with revealed while wielding any weapon.
- Neon green & pink dye set, mandatory for the Thief profession, at all times in PvP/WvW.
- Re-balance Thief damage, to a flat 50 base damage for all attacks while any specialization is chosen.

these balance changes could be polished off by offering a sword/dagger/staff skin of “wet noodle” to all thiefs, for 1000 gems, or 5 black lion keys.

Until these changes are made, this game will forever be imbalanced, and always cater to the thief profession. /rant

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)