3W P/D Condi build

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Posted by: rVn.2076

rVn.2076

Hello. I want to ask u, thiefs, what do u think about this build for wvwvw: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAqYVlUmaOHdy9E+5EB3Dna0m694rj1saFoJA-jECBIhCik0RkmGIFqIas1gFRjVJjIq2YO1W0CRSBAzyK-w

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Posted by: rVn.2076

rVn.2076

edit. of course, if u have 5 stacks of Applied Fortitude (+250 vit) u have also + to condition damage (rune of scavenging) also wvw infusions give small bonus.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

ok build

take all of your gear dire and take sigil of corruption instead of malice

rune of scavenging #4 is bugged and every time your armor takes dmg you need to take all your armor off and put it on again (dont know if fixed yet)

as you dont have lots of conditions to put pressure you need more defense play so maybe 0,0,30,20,20 build more suitable with more vigor uptime swiftness, conditions clearness and regen

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

I play the exact same build (trait and skill wise), difference being I use the trait that reduces deception utility cooldown. I don’t find myself out of initiative with the base 15 this build provides, and things will get better december 10th.

It’s a great build, and contrary to the above poster, I think you should keep it like this. Steal is just awesome with such a low cooldown and all the added bonuses. Stealing boons is incredible, as a lot of classes depend on boons like protection or stability. You also need the poison it inflicts. I can’t find myself ever going back to using steal without 30 into trickery.

Dodging more is not nessecary, as survival is accomplished mainly by stealth and teleports (steal, shadowstep, pistol 3). Just be sure to apply your other conditions as well to counteract cleansing. Apart from bleeding, you have easy access to 5 other conditions, being torment, immobilise, vulnerability, poison and blind. Although not every condition is equally useful to you, stacking them all is.
Some advice, if you’re expecting a difficult fight in which another stealth skill would be useful, swap out the signet for Blinding Powder.

I do agree with messiah that you should use dire gear, not carrion. You don’t have a lot of high damaging moves, and that extra bit of power won’t help. Toughness will.

Have fun.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

dire gear is so defensive. the BUILD is overly defensive. why add more defense to a defensive build. you need more dmg. go carrion. period. some players like to go -%condi time. it hurts …with dire you have lik 400-475 ish sneak attack direc dmg…with carrion its 850-1150. and the normal AA is also over 100% more dmg. is it worth trading for the toughness that you already have a lot of form 300 in SA? def not…. AOE blinds….invis…healing while invis…..remove conditions while invis…. Hide in shadows is like 8500 heal. shadow refuge is a FULL heal everytime. but lets take more toughness just incase? i mean if ur a REALLY bad player or REALLY new yes do take dire. but when its time to get exotic and ascended/legendaries go for carrion or u will end up wasting your money.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

messiah.1908

its depends what you looking for and which fight you choose

1v1 go whatever

1vX you must go more defensively as the fight will be longer
i played also carrion but took more defensive utilities and now can play full dire with full venoms utilities which can kill 1v1 in 3 seconds and can hold against 2 BS thieves longer
in wvw when you fight zergs and cannot anticipate what can come out behind you, i prefer more toughness and control than power

and i dont like shadow refuge – this skills is in some part why the community hate us

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Travlane.5948

its depends what you looking for and which fight you choose

1v1 go whatever

1vX you must go more defensively as the fight will be longer
i played also carrion but took more defensive utilities and now can play full dire with full venoms utilities which can kill 1v1 in 3 seconds and can hold against 2 BS thieves longer
in wvw when you fight zergs and cannot anticipate what can come out behind you, i prefer more toughness and control than power

and i dont like shadow refuge – this skills is in some part why the community hate us

if u kill anyone in 3 secs its upleveled :P. especially cutting your dmg in half with dire gear. my p/d build beats d/p thieves 85% of the time if not more. excluding stealth i get about 26k health heal every minute from heal and 1 other skill alone (again excluding cloak/dagger and blinding power/shadows refuge etc)……. AKA 3k every 21 secs and 8500ish every 30 secs.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

dire gear is so defensive. the BUILD is overly defensive. why add more defense to a defensive build. you need more dmg. go carrion. period. some players like to go -%condi time. it hurts …with dire you have lik 400-475 ish sneak attack direc dmg…with carrion its 850-1150. and the normal AA is also over 100% more dmg. is it worth trading for the toughness that you already have a lot of form 300 in SA? def not…. AOE blinds….invis…healing while invis…..remove conditions while invis…. Hide in shadows is like 8500 heal. shadow refuge is a FULL heal everytime. but lets take more toughness just incase? i mean if ur a REALLY bad player or REALLY new yes do take dire. but when its time to get exotic and ascended/legendaries go for carrion or u will end up wasting your money.

Enough from you.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I am curious as to why people prefer shadow rejuv over shadow protector. Protector allows you to keep up regen constantly wherein you get around 190 health per pulse which works in or out of hiding. This is greater then the total health offered by Rejuv on any of the hides outside using refuge and staying in the full duration. It also gets applied top allies you happen to stealth and this really can be useful at keep gates to aid the folk arming the rams and standing in an aoe.

Use them both and you can have constant regen in and out and close to 600 per pulse heal while hid.

Thoughts?

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

babazhook.6805

ok build

take all of your gear dire and take sigil of corruption instead of malice

rune of scavenging #4 is bugged and every time your armor takes dmg you need to take all your armor off and put it on again (dont know if fixed yet)

as you dont have lots of conditions to put pressure you need more defense play so maybe 0,0,30,20,20 build more suitable with more vigor uptime swiftness, conditions clearness and regen

I use rune of scavenging and never noticed that armor issue you mention. I have never had to remove it to repair it.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Enough from you.

OOOOH THE LOGIC! stop with it! IT HUUUUUUUURTS! not to mention the experience.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Travlane.5948

I am curious as to why people prefer shadow rejuv over shadow protector. Protector allows you to keep up regen constantly wherein you get around 190 health per pulse which works in or out of hiding. This is greater then the total health offered by Rejuv on any of the hides outside using refuge and staying in the full duration. It also gets applied top allies you happen to stealth and this really can be useful at keep gates to aid the folk arming the rams and standing in an aoe.

Use them both and you can have constant regen in and out and close to 600 per pulse heal while hid.

Thoughts?

with rejuv…u can get both. if you use hide in shadows you get regen. overlaps :P better to have 3 diff kinds of heals.

1) shadow rejuv (heal in stealth)
2) Hide in shadows (heal in stealth plus regen)
3) Ele regen (blue icon)

thats why plus rejuv is more.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Thoughts?

with rejuv…u can get both. if you use hide in shadows you get regen. overlaps :P better to have 3 diff kinds of heals.

1) shadow rejuv (heal in stealth)
2) Hide in shadows (heal in stealth plus regen)
3) Ele regen (blue icon)

thats why plus rejuv is more.

Thanks for that but I do tend to use Withdraw os SOM as my heal. It interesting to note however that when you do a HIS with shadow protector you will get a 12 second regen.

So use p/d with protector and rejuv and you get both!

As to the ele regen I will have to look and see how many times I get that in a fight. By recollection not often as I tend to be out of range the way I raom a periphery of the battle.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

messiah.1908

if u kill anyone in 3 secs its upleveled :P. especially cutting your dmg in half with dire gear.

with dire gear and my build when i am burst on someone i have 2.9k attack with 10 stacks of might so same as carrion and even better as i got more thoughness

also p/d condition ignore armor so uplvled or not is not the issue. and i also kill ppl who are not uplvled in 3 seconds with 11 stacks of torment, 8 stacks of bleeding, poison which do 11k dmg in 3 seconds and while immobilize and stun i do 5-10k direct dmg and steal health from them with leech venom 2k

:)

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

messiah.1908

I use rune of scavenging and never noticed that armor issue you mention. I have never had to remove it to repair it.

check after using heal if you getting the little mark on your bar after you armor damaged
i think you wont see it

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

You are clueless.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

messiah.1908

You are clueless.

lets keep it clean

he is not clueless as he has the right for his own opinions

i do disagree as my sneak attack with full dire does 1500 dmg and not 400 as i got 2900 attack

i also used to run carrion but in wvw when you can be burst suddenly by 3 warrior and die instantly i prefer to go dire as now i can soak most of their dmg and run more easily (not if i perma stun). and also i run with group raids mostly where toughness is more needed

bs thieves do 5-7k dmg while in carrion its more like 10-12k
HS thieves do like 0.5-2k dmg while in carrion its more like 2-6k

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Travlane.5948

if u kill anyone in 3 secs its upleveled :P. especially cutting your dmg in half with dire gear.

with dire gear and my build when i am burst on someone i have 2.9k attack with 10 stacks of might so same as carrion and even better as i got more thoughness

also p/d condition ignore armor so uplvled or not is not the issue. and i also kill ppl who are not uplvled in 3 seconds with 11 stacks of torment, 8 stacks of bleeding, poison which do 11k dmg in 3 seconds and while immobilize and stun i do 5-10k direct dmg and steal health from them with leech venom 2k

:)

“with 10 might”
“with 11 stacks of torment”

that literally costs you all of your initiative your steal and atleast 2 of your utilities. hope they dont have a condi cleanse…..then ur sittting nice.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAnnyway….. you plan well for high armor classes but what about high armor AND high condi cleanse? seriously i highly doubt u can 1 v 1 a guardian with a few of their specs with dire armor. the power really makes a big difference.

and i know each person has their own preference. but you are thinking that 2x the dmg isnt needed. which means your reaction time/skills/experience is low? i dont see the need for all that extra armor on the most defensive build a thief has. its like comparing builds…. lets say d/d is 9 rating offense 3 rating defense. now p/d is like 7 rating offense (more like 5 with dire ) and 8 in defense. why would you wanna go from 7 and 8 to 5 and 9 ? thats what im asking. is the 100% extra direct dmg really worth extra toughness in the most defensive buidl we have? oh actually i should have asked you…do you ues blind on stealth? and remove condi onstealth? if you do then my question stands. if u dontthen your argument totally makes more sense. sorry if i assumed u were using blind on stealth/remove condi stealth etc and regen in stealth .

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Travlane.5948

You are clueless.

lets keep it clean

i do disagree as my sneak attack with full dire does 1500 dmg and not 400 as i got 2900 attack

i also used to run carrion but in wvw when you can be burst suddenly by 3 warrior and die instantly i prefer to go dire as now i can soak most of their dmg and run more easily (not if i perma stun). and also i run with group raids mostly where toughness is more needed

its not that big of a gap in defense. its like 4500 on HS in dire to 6k on HS in carrion

i drop d/p thieves with my build before they enter stealth for the first time . . half that is bc of build half is bc of carrion giving me more direct dmg. it takes about 5-6 seconds to drop any d/p player. blinding powder is usually the only way they get out. in those 5-6 seconds i get an extra 2500 damage. it really adds up.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

messiah.1908

@Travlane
i use my panicond build with full venoms utilities
30,0,30,0,10 full dire so 4 venoms gives me 8 stacks of might and 1 cnd +2 might= 10 stacks might → 350 more power
if i use thieves guild (mostly in duels) i have 4 stacks torment multiple by 3 so 12 stacks of torment
i use venom leech which steal health and do 2k dmg more (so almost like your extra 2500 dmg in 5-6 seconds)

i dont use blind and regen on stealth only remove condition on stealth

check my vidoe parts:
2:12 thief dmg on me so low i can ignore him (and he gone SR)
5:15 burst on ranger with condi clear and healing seed
7:25 burst on guardian without utilities so only mini burst
8:35 burst on ele with massive healing and conditions clear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oH_qdwLGK8

i can try make more clips to show you 3 seconds down ppl (even 2 seconds one time but i think he was clueless) and staying with half initiatives
but this build design for group play and not solo (1v1 i do ok but 1vX push you to extreme)

also i dont try to say carrion isnt valid option just dire gives you more options to face any opponent out there (meta build or not)

HS spam is likely more 5*3=15k gap. i dont need to tell you how i hate those lucky HS (i have video of me standing behind HS spam while the thief is immobilize and he did dmg to me rrrrrrr…..)

before dire i run half carrion half rabid and manage the same so… its all end on yours gameplay

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

I am curious as to why people prefer shadow rejuv over shadow protector.

Protector is not applied when any other health regen is already on you, or your ally. This makes it less viable in all situations where health regen is applied, basically anytime you play with other people. Better suited for situation where you only go in stealth briefly, like a S/D, or when you don’t want to go 30 points in SA

Carrion or Dire, keep in mind that you C&D almost as often as you Sneak Attack. Power is still useful on a P/D condition thief.

(edited by frans.8092)

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

If you have good access to stacks of might, a dire set would hit decently as well. I average ~5-6 stacks at any given time with Dire, and if you opt to run Runes of the Noble, and a Sigil of Battle, 10-12 stacks is easily maintained. In testing, I was able to keep 15 stacks up the majority of the time.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

babazhook.6805

I am curious as to why people prefer shadow rejuv over shadow protector.

Protector is not applied when any other health regen is already on you, or your ally. This makes it less viable in all situations where health regen is applied, basically anytime you play with other people. Better suited for situation where you only go in stealth briefly, like a S/D, or when you don’t want to go 30 points in SA

Carrion or Dire, keep in mind that you C&D almost as often as you Sneak Attack. Power is still useful on a P/D condition thief.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

I use the same build with the following changes:

1) blind on stealth instead of initiative from stealth

I use perplexity runes which synergizes great with the steal interrupt for an extra cover condition.

I don’t seem to need the extra healing you get from scavenging.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Mordecai.6318

You are clueless.

lets keep it clean

Having the right to an opinion doesn’t mean he isn’t clueless. While I’ll agree he has the right to his own opinion, I don’t really feel anyone has the right to misinterpret facts, which he does quite frequently. Not to mention his post “structure” that barely seems to resemble anything coherent.

i mean if ur a REALLY bad player or REALLY new yes do take dire.

Then I read something like this which leads to my initial statement. Clueless.

3W P/D Condi build

in Thief

Mordecai.6318

You are clueless.

lets keep it clean

its not that big of a gap in defense. its like 4500 on HS in dire to 6k on HS in carrion

i drop d/p thieves with my build before they enter stealth for the first time . . half that is bc of build half is bc of carrion giving me more direct dmg. it takes about 5-6 seconds to drop any d/p player. blinding powder is usually the only way they get out. in those 5-6 seconds i get an extra 2500 damage. it really adds up.

I run dire and kill thieves equally as fast. All while not getting backstabbed into narnia.