4s in spvp but 3s in wvw/pve ...

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I really don’t understand the reasoning behind this…

I think they should revert to 3s everywhere…

I play both wvw and spvp. Switching between the two is going to be a huge pain in the kitten.

How will new players deal with this? Doesn’t make sense IMO.

3s is the right number for all areas of play.

I’m having shoulder surgery tomorrow and won’t be able to play for a few months. Hopefully anet will have reverted spvp by then too.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

The 4s reveled nerf was implemented due to QQ from wvwvw players, the problem was never the 3sec, the prob was culling. It makes no sense at all to keep the 4sec in sPvP but I guess they dot want to admit they were wrong and are making believe that is needed in one aspect of the game.

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I always felt the chain stealthing was the real problem, not the revealed duration… Bunnies are you best friend in WvW.

The original idea they talked about with always applying revealed on every destealth instead of just on attack was actually a good idea… I wish they would put that in.

All their doing is empowering my fraudulent thief that wouldn’t otherwise be worth their weight in salt, which I don’t think it beneficial for anyone at all.

in Thief

Posted by: Okamakiri.8746

Okamakiri.8746

The 4s reveled nerf was implemented due to QQ from wvwvw players, the problem was never the 3sec, the prob was culling. It makes no sense at all to keep the 4sec in sPvP but I guess they dot want to admit they were wrong and are making believe that is needed in one aspect of the game.

This.

in Thief

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I think where they messed up and are trying to fix is they implemented the the change in the first place. As a issue in WvW they should have let the 3s revealed play out with the culling fix. From there see if any further action was needed.

The difference in skills between sPvP and WvW/PvE is a good idea but I don’t think the cast times/CD’s is where they should be changed. The difference in mechanics will make it weird to jump from the two game modes. Though stealth is a hard one as you can’t really nerf its effectiveness without adjusting the times. I think reverting stealth to 3s all around would have been better, then adding the revealed buff after leaving stealth (regardless of attacking or not) in sPvP. If it works out well put it in WvW and PvE.

Meh overall I don’t think its good for the player base when the devs make changes thinking “it should work out better…i think”

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Thief

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I started the thief after the 4s change so I didn’t have to adjust my playstyle any and I grew into the 4s reveal naturally so it all feels fluid enough for me. That said, I agree that something like the revealed debuff is so central to the thief’s overall playstyle that having it different between different parts of the game is a huge mistake.

I don’t care if they keep 4s or reduce to 3s. But the mechanic should be the same for the class regardless of where you play. I know I won’t be able to adjust to 2 different timers and will have to quit WvW or sPvP on the Thief class.

in Thief

Posted by: phor.7952

phor.7952

The original idea they talked about with always applying revealed on every destealth instead of just on attack was actually a good idea… I wish they would put that in.

It didn’t fix the problem either though.
As long as you never come out of stealth, nothing changes.
You can alternate Shadow Refuge, Black Powder + Heartseeker, Smoke Screen + Cluster Bomb, etc… to stay in stealth indefinitely and never encounter a revealed debuff until you attack.

How to fix stealth:
1) revert revealed to 3s everywhere – anything other than 3s makes auto attack rotations HORRIBLY clunky.
2) stealth duration can never stack.
3) shadow refuge provides 1 long stealth duration
4) tweak stealth duration on other skills as needed

Once you fix the stacking, stealth becomes a positioning tool instead of an overpowered scouting tool.

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

It didn’t fix the problem either though.
As long as you never come out of stealth, nothing changes.
You can alternate Shadow Refuge, Black Powder + Heartseeker, Smoke Screen + Cluster Bomb, etc… to stay in stealth indefinitely and never encounter a revealed debuff until you attack.

How to fix stealth:
1) revert revealed to 3s everywhere – anything other than 3s makes auto attack rotations HORRIBLY clunky.
2) stealth duration can never stack.
3) shadow refuge provides 1 long stealth duration
4) tweak stealth duration on other skills as needed

Once you fix the stacking, stealth becomes a positioning tool instead of an overpowered scouting tool.

I don’t think stealth stacking is the real problem. It still limits you from attacking while you’re in stealth, and you’re using your initiative and resources on staying stealthed other than killing someone. Not to mention enemies can still see stuff you put on the ground, so those black powder circles will give away your presence.

Maybe there’s a case for lowering the duration cap on stealth stacking or something, but I’ve always felt you should be revealed no matter the method of destealthing. At least in combat anyways… The “chain stealth until I decide the fight can resume” deal enables my fraudulent thief to much higher levels of success than it otherwise would be at.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

There really is no reason other than to satisfy qq’s.

Stealth stacking is not OP, other classes can either run or heal up themselves while a thief stacks stealth. If they use hs/np to do it they can stand in the bp to give us revealed.

Honestly, stealth stacking is most useful for avoiding a larger number of enemies. Kind of like a refuge. It really doesn’t help in a 1v1 unless you are fighting a crazy bunker which you can’t beat and want to escape from.

Stealth is not OP in spvp or wvw.

Anet, thank you for your sotg interviews and being so active with the community. I really appreciate it. Regardless if I agree or disagree with what you say, I love communication.

Just another noob thief…