A minor request (off-hand weapons/skills)

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

This is something that could apply to any profession, but it seems more noticeably absent from the Thief due to the niche they tend to have (stealthy, stealing, acrobatic).

I would like for single-wielding one handed weapons to be viable somehow. As a thief, I kind of like the idea of fighting with only a single dagger/gun/sword rather than being “forced” by the game’s mechanics to dual wield.

I don’t know the best way to do it, exactly, and I don’t necessarily mean making it where having nothing in your off-hand is as good as something. Maybe thieves could have a special off-hand item type that was unique to them that was like a toolkit or something? Something that would actually not appear as a weapon in your hand and the skills tied to it would be utilitarian? They could even move Steal to it and change the F1 skill to something different (like an independent Stealth), which would kind of make more sense.

Anyway, they could do it however they want, I just like the aesthetic of single-wielding a gun, sword, or dagger (especially for the thief) and feel like the thief needs a few more “weapon” skills anyway.

in Thief

Posted by: obtuse.8291

obtuse.8291

Reminds me of a single saber wielding Jedi. Could this work? What would a 2nd hand situational tool for a thief be? Extra trap implement/tripwire? For some reason I’m imagining the improvised execution items I would pick up in the game Manhunt (a favorite rock star title) like shard of glass, screwdriver, sickle, the plastic bag, the list goes on. For a system like that it’d be best if you could equip a set of extra thief tools and actually give us a use of f2-f4 slots, letting us change to 3 different offhand skill pairs based on combat situation. This would also add more choice, which isn’t unprecedented when you compare engineer and elementalist

I am the super thief

in Thief

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

I would say offhand should be Stealth powder…
And be able to give us a LONG 2 min stealth or such..(with 1/2 movement speed)