A new fun way to Heart Seeker spam.

in Thief

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

So me and my bro were testing a new concept. It is a process where you HS through Black Powder and stealth. However, Instead of backstabbing you remain in stealth go back to your Black Powder field and Heart Seeker at your enemy after counting to three for stealth to wear off.

As long as you go Glass cannon, you will be able to take down hp without ever leaving stealth! Well you will be leaving stealth but it wont appear that way to the enemy because you never get revealed. It also did much more damage than I expected.

You can also bring other things that don’t reveal you such as rune of the pirate or the thieve trap.

What do you guys think about it?

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Thief

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

Let the “spam 2 more nub” raging commence.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

• Initiative heavy. The combo costs 9 initiative, can be reduced to 7 with 10 SA,
    so you have to pull out 7 initiative per 3 seconds to maintain this, I can see ways of doing that in combat but not without sacrificing a lot of damage.
  • Most builds in the game have enough sustain to survive. All builds if the HS is dodged.
  • Stealth =/= invulnerability, AoE damage, knockdowns and knockbacks will still be a problem.
  • People who cry about getting killed by Choking Gas from a “permastealthed” thief wont like this either.
  • Useless in tPvP.

It’s good for staying alive though, but too initiative heavy to maintain.
/ My thoughts.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

Why Not just chain cnds? More dmg, less ini, more mobile.
Just be super zerker and trait executioner + trickery. Dont go for More than 2 in SA, you Dont want to wait 4sec in stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: atti.1097

atti.1097

cnd chain would be much better.

something like this could be fun:
http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?fZEQRAoY4Il8MpxpVOxzpJaJqtHhV4D4aG0+BCgQE-TFiDABOcSAWZ/BXVC6jyPYU/JE9DG8EAAw8HpAiYZE-w

3x cnd → weapon swap → 3x cnd → weapon swap…

when enemy comes to 50% hp:
weapon swap → cnd → bs → hs

in Thief

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Yeah I dont play my thief but this sounds like a complicated way to CnD spam… And also against any half decent opponent they are going to work out pretty quickly what you are doing and just stop standing next to your BP (if they were ever next to it at all) waiting for you to complete your combo.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Thief

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Well if you continue to land HS, and have Ai (rune of the pirate), your damage will change as you begin to land higher damage such as over 6ks as their health gets lower. Also, because they almost never see you and it can’t be blocked like CnD which prevents stealth, you can easily go glass and rely on the might stacks you get from spamming stealth. You might be surprised at the damage especially with damage related sigils.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

This is not new. I came up with this discovery, a year ago. I told Coloxus about it and he put it in his Thief tips and tricks YouTube video.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I’m not quite sure why you would want to do this opposed to just Backstabbing. Much less effort and time consuming.

Though, I suspect this is a “troll” thread. AKA stupid thread.

(edited by Zach.3264)

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

• People who cry about getting killed by Choking Gas from a “permastealthed” thief wont like this either.

That actually happens? Oh those poor helpless pvpers. XD

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Fragment.2793

Fragment.2793

If you play skilfully enough to repeatedly pull it off, then yes it can be very effective, use of combo fields always rewards you; this is one way to raise the skill ceiling on the thief to give you that slight advantage.