A question on possible health steal setup.

in Thief

Posted by: Hitsuke.5304

Hitsuke.5304

Ok, so this is just a general inquiry to those of you out there who may have tried this combination:

Omnomberry Pie + Superior Sigil of Blood + Signet of Malice + Invigorating Precision.

For those too lazy to check buffs etc:

Omnomberry pie: 66% chance to steal life on critical.
Superior Sigil of Blood: 50% chance to steal health on critical (5 second CD).
Signet of malice: Heals when you attack.
Invigorating Precision: You are healed for 15% of outgoing critical hit damage.

I have a few questions really. Has anyone tried it, is it effective and what minimum crit chance would you suggest to make it viable?

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

I don’t think it could work. We are not warriors, we can’t stay there hitting ppl, we must go in and out with few great shots, so basically if you don’t hit you will not gat healed.
Maybe you could try in a p/p setup.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Hitsuke.5304

I don’t think it could work. We are not warriors, we can’t stay there hitting ppl, we must go in and out with few great shots, so basically if you don’t hit you will not gat healed.
Maybe you could try in a p/p setup.

P/P isn’t a bad idea actually. It’s a shame that we no longer have Ricochet, but that could work. On a side note, I’ve just given this a quick bash with my S/D build and it worked surprisingly well, although the cone damage on Sword is probably a little more conducive to life stealing when attacking multiple enemies.

I’m gonna run it today, so I’ll be sure to post my findings here.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I have not tried such a build since last patch. I used to use it in a p/p build with ricochet . it had insane health regen.

You might consider cactus fruit salad over omnomberry as even in a power build 40 percent condition damage will be of more use than the 70 precision. The tooltip on the fruit salad is wrong and the rate in fact 66 percent.

No matter the types of conditions you lay on , be it weakness or cripple or blind or an immobilize having it last 40 percent longer is a great benefit.

This type of build favors rapid attack styles which is why P/P worked so well. If you use D\d as example and setup for stealth and backstab it will not benefit you as much.

The higher the crit rate the better. I would suggest 60 percent minimum without fury but in my own build I had the base at 80 percent.

Keep in mind any build using SOM is very dependent on INI supply. If your INI gone you have to be careful so as not to get bursted.

As well it important to note that SOM heals under the old system could be boosted from the SA line training. In other words it a relatively weaker heal then it was and you might find withdraw gives more healing overall and in particular when you engage just one enemy and or have no AOE or multiple attack types (unload pistol whio SB attacks) in your build.

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Run caltrops and shortbow

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

problem with regen in thief build is you need to have big enough HP pool to allow yourself to be hit be make healing worth wile. if your only getting hit once in a blue moon healing is not helping you any way.

in Thief

Hitsuke.5304

I have not tried such a build since last patch. I used to use it in a p/p build with ricochet . it had insane health regen.

You might consider cactus fruit salad over omnomberry as even in a power build 40 percent condition damage will be of more use than the 70 precision. The tooltip on the fruit salad is wrong and the rate in fact 66 percent.

No matter the types of conditions you lay on , be it weakness or cripple or blind or an immobilize having it last 40 percent longer is a great benefit.

This type of build favors rapid attack styles which is why P/P worked so well. If you use D\d as example and setup for stealth and backstab it will not benefit you as much.

The higher the crit rate the better. I would suggest 60 percent minimum without fury but in my own build I had the base at 80 percent.

Keep in mind any build using SOM is very dependent on INI supply. If your INI gone you have to be careful so as not to get bursted.

As well it important to note that SOM heals under the old system could be boosted from the SA line training. In other words it a relatively weaker heal then it was and you might find withdraw gives more healing overall and in particular when you engage just one enemy and or have no AOE or multiple attack types (unload pistol whio SB attacks) in your build.

I ran with this for about 2-3 hours today and with S/D it wasn’t “Bad”, It was actually quite ok. It doesn’t turn you into an old school GW Assassin with insane HP regen, but it did add a bit of survivability. Running a build with 65% crit chance under Fury (Pack runes & traited for max fury uptime) I was finding myself healing for around 500-1k HP every hit with the occasional 1k plus heal when I hit on the higher side (7k Larcenous) in conjunction with the weapon sigil.

I’m sure there’s better S/D thieves out there who could have a lot more joy with it than I did.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

I ran with this for about 2-3 hours today and with S/D it wasn’t “Bad”, It was actually quite ok. It doesn’t turn you into an old school GW Assassin with insane HP regen, but it did add a bit of survivability. Running a build with 65% crit chance under Fury (Pack runes & traited for max fury uptime) I was finding myself healing for around 500-1k HP every hit with the occasional 1k plus heal when I hit on the higher side (7k Larcenous) in conjunction with the weapon sigil.

I’m sure there’s better S/D thieves out there who could have a lot more joy with it than I did.

I never did try it with S/d but that should be a pretty good style as you tend to stay in battle a lot with rapid attacks rather then setting up for one big burst. The AA cleave should be pretty decent too returning health via IP and the food. Other sources of heals would be leeching venoms and assassins reward of course but those might be pretty hard to fit into such a build. 0/6/6/6/0 maybe?

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

Ok, so this is just a general inquiry to those of you out there who may have tried this combination:

Omnomberry Pie + Superior Sigil of Blood + Signet of Malice + Invigorating Precision.

For those too lazy to check buffs etc:

Omnomberry pie: 66% chance to steal life on critical.
Superior Sigil of Blood: 50% chance to steal health on critical (5 second CD).
Signet of malice: Heals when you attack.
Invigorating Precision: You are healed for 15% of outgoing critical hit damage.

I have a few questions really. Has anyone tried it, is it effective and what minimum crit chance would you suggest to make it viable?

malice + invigorating precision is enough to stay alive in open world PvE atleast that what i use when im farming bags to make some quick gold.

if ur talking about PvP i dont think the whole setup will ever help you in any possible way the damage out put from other classes is simply to high to be able to hold your self together, your most likely better off trying to burst the kitten out of them before you die.

as for PvE if u run S/D just spam pistol whip > evades + damage + hp return if needed perfect.
i just run whatever build in open world pve crap though all works fine for me aslong i pack up enough mobs at the hard times to hit them all i get tons of HP back

(edited by reddie.5861)

in Thief

babazhook.6805

problem with regen in thief build is you need to have big enough HP pool to allow yourself to be hit be make healing worth wile. if your only getting hit once in a blue moon healing is not helping you any way.

True to a point but it pretty hard to be at full health all the time and if you DO have a low health pool all that health coming in can keep you at over that 90 percent threshold which a trigger level for some of the traits and runes.

Also not to be ignored is the life steal portion.

If one has a sigil of blood and leeching and using runes of vampirism/scavenger with omnomberry ghost you can (in theory) inflict as much as 974+460+325+975 damage with a single attack when all off cooldown which is 2375 more damage. yes it on a big cooldown but compare that to Mug for health gained versus damage.

If you somehow fit a venom in there you can get another 320 some in damage without any healing. They will rarely trigger at the same time but it a decent chunk of extra damage

Even ghost triggering every second adds 325 more damage which is better damage than a sigil of fire and while ghost is a food and a sigil a sigil , the damage off blood given they both on a 5 second cooldown coupled with its health regen is a very viable choice and especially if it true that fire sigil damage recntly lowered as some suggest.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

babazhook.6805

BTW is this for PvE or for WvW ?

in Thief

Hitsuke.5304

BTW is this for PvE or for WvW ?

This is for WvW buddy.