A ranger beat me 1v1

A ranger beat me 1v1

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Okay story time!

I was in the eb jp just minding my own buisness. I got to the arena and saw an ele and warrior in the same guild so ofc I got nervous and equiped some good utilities and swapped my weapons. Sure enough, about 30s after I jump down, they initiate on me. I kill them both with surprising ease and so I quickly get back to doing the arena. Their necro friend comes in as I am makeing my way to the top and tries to fear me off a ledge. I stay on, throw a few clusters down, make my way up, and release the griffins. The ranger (also in the same guild) is paying me no mind so I ignore him, swap to my jumping puzzle utilities, and go ahead to finish the jp.

I go back down so I can try to unleash a few more mobs on the people who tried to troll me but I run into the ranger again. At first I ignore him and make my way to his friends… then he initiates on me. I think to myself silly ranger and jump on him. At this point I’m just expecting the guy to melt but nothing’s happening. I get him to half or so but back out due to being completely and utterly confused. I drop a sr. He fears me out of the sr… At this point I had no idea what was going on so I decided to LoS the guy until a few of my cds were back up. I was, after all, using my jumping puzzle utilities. I know I have no choice but to run. I act all silly and shadowstep away… only to get stuck in the terrain. So I shadowstep back and wind up right back beside the enemy ranger. His pet chomps me 1 last time and drops me. I check the log and that last chomp did 4k and most of my attacks were doing 1k max, even a well landed backstab only did 3k!

Moral of the story is to take everyone seriously. You never know, that ranger in the back might not be a glass lbow ranger who you usually eat.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

A ranger beat me 1v1

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

ive had so rangers pull some wierd moves i have never seen once before after playing game since release…..im talking it looks like hacking/glitch stuff…..prolly just have alot to learn still…there are def some really good rangers out there….i think alot of good players dotn play them bc of their reputation…although when played right….i really hate playing aginst them too!

A ranger beat me 1v1

in Thief

Posted by: jpnova.4572

jpnova.4572

My main is a ranger, what you probably had was a tank/regen ranger running a beast master build. My own is sort of a hybrid of that, make yourself super tanky and turn your pet into a DPS beast while you run around just absorbing/evading damage and let the pet do the dirty work.

Were you suffering constant cripples and such?

A ranger beat me 1v1

in Thief

Posted by: Alex.6940

Alex.6940

The beastmaster build is fairly common in spvp. You need a good amount of dps just to overcome their health regeneration and is one of the strongest builds in 1v1 situations.

A ranger beat me 1v1

in Thief

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

As I have played both classes for quite some time now (Thief since release, Ranger for 6 months) here is some advice.

The Ranger you have lost against was definetly a Beast Master build:

• The Ranger himself goes full Tank/Healing, while the Pet is a “glass”-cannon (not really glass since it has a mediocre defence bolstered by the Rangers heals)
  • Don’t try to go for the pet, they can deal loads of damage while being able to take some beating, thanks to the healing from Signet of the Wild.
  • Instead just kite the pet, their AI still isn’t great at hitting moving targets, especially when they have a speed buff (Signet of Shadows). If the pet is getting too close (due to snares), enjoy your free CnD and watch the pet run back to the Ranger.
  • Since the patch a few months ago the pet will regain aggro as soon as you unstealth, so don’t think you can LoS the pet (unless you can get onto a nearby ledge, in which case the pet just freaks out and becomes useless )

A ranger beat me 1v1

in Thief

Posted by: PhelanDisturbed.1650

PhelanDisturbed.1650

I tip my hat to some of the better Rangers I’ve fought. Glad to see they do actually have some good builds available. Although pet ai is nuts

A ranger beat me 1v1

in Thief

Posted by: Despo.2579

Despo.2579

Ok here an old video against a good ranger, that was the first time I saw a ranger resist so much so I was surpised

Now when I look the video I can see all that many errors I did, especially how I use my thieves guild lol… but was my reals first time in pvp

(Btw I was using traps on another platform and that female thief whire me 2 times that why the video start in combat)

A ranger beat me 1v1

in Thief

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

It took some months until they learnt to play their profession right. Now it’s your time to learn to play against them.
Just like I leveled a thief months ago cus I had no idea wtf was killing me in 2 seconds.

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

A ranger beat me 1v1

in Thief

Posted by: Alex.6940

Alex.6940

It’s really more the build than how they play imo, similar to how the dapheonix ele build suddenly seemed to make elementalists very strong 1v1. With the high self healing and defence, it doesn’t take much to outlast your opponent.

My advice for trying to kill them is to mainly time your burst damage. I would wait until troll unguent has expired then try to burst them down to give you the most time before they start their insane health regen again. Poison can also be very useful as they have regeneration up almost constantly and it will also reduce the healing from their heal. Depending on your build, you may find a good ranger is virtually impossible to kill on your own though.

A ranger beat me 1v1

in Thief

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Lots of problems here.

For starters, condition damage only has one attribute behind it unlike normal attacks which have 3.

Secondly, the regen on the ranger is quite high and their healing well is very powerful even with only 1 blast finisher available to the class.

Lastly, Apothecary gear gives you reasonable condition with toughness being the secondary stat and healing power.

A condition Ranger running in Apothecary could probably face tank 2 glass thieves with little real effort all the while maintaining 1200dps on up to 3 targets with relative ease. And that’s before you even factor in the pet.

A ranger beat me 1v1

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

regen beast mastery rangers are beast now! theyre tanky. they usually use rabid trinket (spvp) with 3,300+ armor and unlimited heal regen+signet of the wild! and the buffed signets like signet of stone which adds 160toughness. and their main dmg is condition and basically pets! iv fought a very good ranger with this build and we ended up draw! we get tired after 10mins of duel LOL

A ranger beat me 1v1

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Morale: Classes different of yours aren’t to be considered like ‘cattle’.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.