Accuracy or Strength sigil?

in Thief

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Which would be the best/meta sigil to put in offhand weapons? I know Force is the go-to choice for mainhand, and I don’t feel like having to have an entirely seperate kitten nal for Night or Slaying.

So would Accuracy or Strength be the best choice? Or something else entirely?

in Thief

Posted by: Azawrath.7304

Azawrath.7304

Imo sigils all matter on what weapons you are using. For instance I wouldn’t use sigil of force on my d/d because it does not offer the burst that sigil of air/sigil of fire offer.
Sigil of force used to be the go to choice for mainhand before the sigil change. But if I was playing a staff ele I would use sigil of force because of the large amount of people I am hitting is a small amount of time which makes the CDs on fire/air inferior to force.

My current setup is dagger/dagger shortbow with air/fire on the daggers and bloodlust on shortbow. I always have my bloodlust sigil on my offhand for stacking and either sigil of energy or fire in the other slot.

I haven’t used accuracy sigil yet because I usually run around 35%-40% crit chance which I think is a good spot to be in, 50% is awesome to have but I think it’s a little too glassy. Having the extra 7% might be useful on my shortbow for cluster bomb spams which would raise my crit chance to 47% without making myself glassy. I’ll test it our some time.

In Spvp my dagger setup is the same but on the shortbow I run sigil of fire and sigil of might. I like this combo because it allows me to deal out some decent AoE damage between clustbomb and fire sigil and also gain some decent might so I can swap to D/D and burst. But I might be swapping one of the sigils out for bloodlust because I am getting better staying alive and having another 250 power would be sweet.

Sorry if none of this makes sense, I’m really tired but I wanted to respond.

EDIT: In order to give you a straight answer I would need to know what weapons and build you are running.

Azawrath the Silent – Thief
Primi Agminis Legio [PAL]
Yaks Bend

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

I also think sigil of energy is a nice choice, i also use D/D with fire and air sigils, and bloodlust sigil and energy on my shortbow. it’s nice with some extra dodges, and it has saved me more then one time.

but yeah, a build would be nice

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

The laziest thing is to have force+ night and another dagger with undead for arah. That’s only 3 daggers instead of 2, not a big deal. For fractals or other night dungeons, maybe frailty or strenght?

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Thief

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Build I was referring to is just your standard PvE build, alternating between D/D and S/P as the situation demands.
Energy sigils are nice, but not really needed in PvE, especially as expensive as they are. I’d definately be using them in a wvw set.
Bloodlust is what I’m currently using, looking at replacing them since every release nerfs them more and more, given how more and more mobs don’t count as kills nowadays. General running around PvE is fine for getting stacks, but when doing a world boss or any post-initial-release content, not much counts as kills for building stacks anymore.

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Force being the “go-to”? Idk, air or fire alone cover that 5% and then some on hit-n-run builds such as d/x, generosity helps our poor condi cleanse.

Just pick whichever satisfies your build the most, there are several good options. For example, if I was using hidden killer (GM trait in CS trait line) I wouldn’t bother with accuracy.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”