Adding some weapons.

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: Jarvice.4590

Jarvice.4590

Hey guys,

I noticed that the Thief class doesn’t have a lot of weapon options compared to the other classes. I think they should add some for a little more variety, that wouldn’t hurt anyone right? Personally, I’d love to see greatswords on thieves!

P.S. This also applies to the engineer. But I play more on my thief, that’s why I posted it here :^)

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

I dont think Greatsword fits the thiefs’ style actually. Its way too big to jump around with/deal quick hits.

I’d rather see offhand sword (melee) / rifle (ranged) added

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Jarvice.4590

I dont think Greatsword fits the thiefs’ style actually. Its way too big to jump around with/deal quick hits.

I’d rather see offhand sword (melee) / rifle (ranged) added

Yeah I thought so too. But using a Twilight on a thief would look pretty cool :P
Offhand swords and rifles sound pretty good too imo.

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Thief with Greatsword is less likely than a Staff Warrior…
I’ll agree that if anything, we need a rifle and an off-hand sword. Also longbow could be implemented, but I cannot see anything else ever being.

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Melee staff. Make it happen. I don’t care if spell casters use it to shoot fancy spells, I’m gonna whack you in the head with it.

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

What about Offhand focus? idk about these skills tho lol
Dagger Main hand
Skill #3: Assume defensive stance. If attacked in mele range give torment and counter.
Skill #4: Drop Dark field. (360 radius)
Skill #5: Blast location causing bleeding damage while evading attacks (2 sec evade)

Sword Main hand
Skill #3: Daze target (2sec) and roll to backside of opponent.

Pistol Main hand

1. skill: Block (3 sec)

Could be a more defensive mele range setup. Optional Condi/control

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

(edited by Treeoflife.4031)

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Jarvice.4590

What about Offhand focus? idk about these skills tho lol
Dagger Main hand
Skill #3: Assume defensive stance. If attacked in mele range give torment and counter.
Skill #4: Drop Dark field. (360 radius)
Skill #5: Blast location causing bleeding damage while evading attacks (2 sec evade)

Sword Main hand
Skill #3: Daze target (2sec) and roll to backside of opponent.

Pistol Main hand

1. skill: Block (3 sec)

Could be a more defensive mele range setup. Optional Condi/control

I haven’t really thought about the skills either, but this looks decent.

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: Renegade.6240

Renegade.6240

I atleast think we deserve a torch, for both main and off hand. Think about having a torch in your right hand, that’d be cool which means thief

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Treeoflife.4031

I atleast think we deserve a torch, for both main and off hand. Think about having a torch in your right hand, that’d be cool which means thief

I don’t know about Torch. Focus & LB make sense, GS…meh. My argument for Focus is in any martial arts you need discipline. In order to be disciplined you need to focus (see what i did there). I mean if there is any class in game you could associate with Martial Arts…its Thief aka the Ninja!!!!!

~Glitch

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: Renegade.6240

Renegade.6240

I don’t know about Torch. Focus & LB make sense, GS…meh. My argument for Focus is in any martial arts you need discipline. In order to be disciplined you need to focus (see what i did there). I mean if there is any class in game you could associate with Martial Arts…its Thief aka the Ninja!!!!!

I don’t think the thief is the most disciplined class, actually I think thief is the least disciplined class, in my imaginations thief is like, takes nothing seriously, laughs at things, has a good sense of humor, not cold like warriors or guardians, etc.

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Treeoflife.4031

I don’t think the thief is the most disciplined class, actually I think thief is the least disciplined class, in my imaginations thief is like, takes nothing seriously, laughs at things, has a good sense of humor, not cold like warriors or guardians, etc.

Can’t argue with what you believe, but i disagree. Thieves are assassins and when running glassy (like most thieves do) its play smart or blow up and die. simple as that. playing smart you need to stay focused….Focus…ed :P

~Glitch

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

The focus is too much of a magic weapon, and thieves aren’t really magical.

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

TBH Ari I can see thief wielding a focus mainly because each profession is a “school of magic” or w/e it was I read about. I can see the focus act as shadowy shield/veil. As for other weapons:

Rifle —> Sniper

Sword 2 handed —> Like greatsword wielders except faster and less damage proportionally.

Offhand sword —> Berserker

Terrestrial Spear —> something :I

Torch offhand —> pillager

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

yes duel sword pls

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Treeoflife.4031

TBH Ari I can see thief wielding a focus mainly because each profession is a “school of magic” or w/e it was I read about. I can see the focus act as shadowy shield/veil. As for other weapons:

Rifle —> Sniper

Sword 2 handed —> Like greatsword wielders except faster and less damage proportionally.

^^^^ Yes to all this^^^^

~Glitch

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Breezed through thread again(and added some of mine, and sorted in order of “plausibility”):
1. Off-hand torch. Torch+Thief sounds great in my opinion. And that’s by the way, a Condition off-hand weapon. Off-hand pistol and Dagger are not really all that condition-based no matter how you look at it – they are all about direct damage and utility conditions. It’s a weapon that creates new build diversity.
1. Off-hand sword. Now, this sounds awesome. But the disadvantages are that it really gives us nothing new. We already have direct damage builds with pistol/dagger off-hand. What unique could an Off-hand sword bring? And is a Thief with 2 swords any plausible? Isn’t he a warrior then?
3. Rifle OR Longbow(not both for sure) as a long-range “sniper” weapon. Most likely Rifle, but overall unlikely since that would result in unhealthy gameplay in my opinion.
Aside from these 4, I don’t really see any other viable somewhat easily implementable options for thief.
If I was a game designer and had to choose a SINGLE weapon set to add to a class(do you expect more? are you nuts? It would pwn and destroy all the balance and will require astonishing amounts of work), for Thief it would be a Torch.

(edited by Evalia.7103)

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Jarvice.4590

Breezed through thread again(and added some of mine, and sorted in order of “plausibility”):
1. Off-hand torch. Torch+Thief sounds great in my opinion. And that’s by the way, a Condition off-hand weapon. Off-hand pistol and Dagger are not really all that condition-based no matter how you look at it – they are all about direct damage and utility conditions. It’s a weapon that creates new build diversity.
1. Off-hand sword. Now, this sounds awesome. But the disadvantages are that it really gives us nothing new. We already have direct damage builds with pistol/dagger off-hand. What unique could an Off-hand sword bring? And is a Thief with 2 swords any plausible? Isn’t he a warrior then?
3. Rifle OR Longbow(not both for sure) as a long-range “sniper” weapon. Most likely Rifle, but overall unlikely since that would result in unhealthy gameplay in my opinion.
Aside from these 4, I don’t really see any other viable somewhat easily implementable options for thief.
If I was a game designer and had to choose a SINGLE weapon set to add to a class(do you expect more? are you nuts? It would pwn and destroy all the balance and will require astonishing amounts of work), for Thief it would be a Torch.

Looks like you really gave this some thought. But keep in mind that it’s just a game. You can play warrior as a mage, and play mage as a warrior in Gw2 so that logic should apply to thieves aswell imo.

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Jarvice.4590

Rifle —> Sniper

These look like fun!

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Jarvice.4590

Now, does anyone know how to submit some suggestions to the actual developers of the game? Otherwise is this thread kinda useless :^)

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Off-hand swords? Hmm? HMM?!

I mean Mesmer’s and warrior’s can do it, why not the dual wield masters?

That is all, good day.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Now, does anyone know how to submit some suggestions to the actual developers of the game? Otherwise is this thread kinda useless :^)

Unfortunately it all has been all been posted in threads many times before and nobody has taken any notice.

The thief skill I’d like to see added is an empty/open hand as an off hand weapon. It would look elegant and artful with appropriate thief skills instead of more maim, kill, and bash. Infiltrator’s strike would be the style of skill I’d put on there.

Adding some weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

Unfortunately it all has been all been posted in threads many times before and nobody has taken any notice.

The thief skill I’d like to see added is an empty/open hand as an off hand weapon. It would look elegant and artful with appropriate thief skills instead of more maim, kill, and bash. Infiltrator’s strike would be the style of skill I’d put on there.

i imagine being a single sword “dualist” would be pretty neat tbh