Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Hi,

Looking to play mostly WvW with full Rabid and +bleed duration runes and trying to assess the value of certain traits and looking for advice.

1) Exposed Weakness (10% more dmg if target has a condition): Does this increase bleed damage?

2) Pain Response(regen when you drop below 75%) Vs Assassin’s Reward (heal when you use intv): Which heals more?

3) Leeching Venoms (steal health when venom) Vs Shadow’s Embrace (remove condition every 3 sec in stealth)

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-cR3V;1Rw-d0W5VOkd0;9;4J-TJ-37;253A27;28Nm6;2dZm9fRk02Vn

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: Toro.7401

Toro.7401

The link doesn’t seem to go anywhere.

To point 1, weakness deals with direct damage, ie things involving power.

As for points 2 and 3, both subjective and completely dependent on the situation.
The initial heal on AR is less than the overall heal from PR, but the CD on each makes them near equal healing over a 3 minute fight.
LV and SE… small heal when being offensive or remove a condition when defensive. It’s a stretch, but the heal I use removes some conditions when it’s used, and the typical amount of conditions left on aren’t “horrible” to me, so I don’t feel SE is very useful. Neither of the two highly outweighs the other, would be my final say on point 3.

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

Vigorous Recovery will only give Vigor when you use your Hide in Shadows. Thieves have no other “healing” skills than this heal slot.

Shadow’s Embrace is huge for PvP and is a must in all builds that are about survival and not burst.

Venoms are not as good as you first think and you will find yourself missing the other skills you have to drop in order to have a couple Venoms.

I am currently running this build and I think it is similar to what you are after. You will not be killing anyone fast, but you will be able to defeat everyone you come up against. You can swap the secondary set for the bow, if that is what you are after, but I find Heartseeker does a good job of chasing runners and dealing damage for the same initiative as the bow teleport.

CUT AND PASTE
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-cR333;0RwkZ0J5VOkd0;9;6TOE;453A58-2;0JJ-44;1dZm9fRk02Vd

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Cempa.5619

Vigorous Recovery will only give Vigor when you use your Hide in Shadows. Thieves have no other “healing” skills than this heal slot.

Shadow’s Embrace is huge for PvP and is a must in all builds that are about survival and not burst.

Venoms are not as good as you first think and you will find yourself missing the other skills you have to drop in order to have a couple Venoms.

I am currently running this build and I think it is similar to what you are after. You will not be killing anyone fast, but you will be able to defeat everyone you come up against. You can swap the secondary set for the bow, if that is what you are after, but I find Heartseeker does a good job of chasing runners and dealing damage for the same initiative as the bow teleport.

CUT AND PASTE
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-cR333;0RwkZ0J5VOkd0;9;6TOE;453A58-2;0JJ-44;1dZm9fRk02Vd

You make a strong case, both of you, and I like your utilities.

After seeing your build I find myself asking Blinding Powder or Caltrops?

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Albane.8367

You make a strong case, both of you, and I like your utilities.

After seeing your build I find myself asking Blinding Powder or Caltrops?

I like Caltrops, but I have found that the extra stealth is has been too important for survival and sometimes finishing someone off. The dodging Caltrops do the job of snaring anyway and you will find yourself moving around a lot.

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Assassin’s reward>Pain response for P/D

Simply because Reward fires every time you burn initiative, heals instantly, and can’t be dispelled. You can actually burn initiative on thin air with it and still get healed, and you’ll be getting a 6 initiative heal with every C&D (around 430 on my particular build)

Also, Pain response has a 45 second cooldown, so it’s only really useful in short fights, and P/D is not about short fights.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: vrilek.4038

vrilek.4038

1) no
2) assasin’s reward
3) take shadow’s embrace if enemy condition build’s are too hard for you now.

Personally i suggest you to take shadow protector (infinite regen with decent gameplay) above shadow’s embrance and assasin’s reward over pain response. Vigorous recovery or power of inertia, i prefer more second. Hide in Shadow itself can protect you before other condition classes, especially lifeleeching necros, but its not easy.

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Albane.8367

Hmm.. Shadow Protector could be interesting. It would proc a 5 second regen every time you use CnD, since you count as an ally. Combined with Shadow rejuv and Assassin’s reward, you could heal for about 2200 health every time you use CnD.

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: brunohstein.9038

brunohstein.9038

Hmm.. Shadow Protector could be interesting. It would proc a 5 second regen every time you use CnD, since you count as an ally. Combined with Shadow rejuv and Assassin’s reward, you could heal for about 2200 health every time you use CnD.

Are you sure you count as an ally for Shadow Protector?

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: JulianElda.5638

JulianElda.5638

yes

Hi,

Looking to play mostly WvW with full Rabid and +bleed duration runes and trying to assess the value of certain traits and looking for advice.

1) Exposed Weakness (10% more dmg if target has a condition): Does this increase bleed damage?

2) Pain Response(regen when you drop below 75%) Vs Assassin’s Reward (heal when you use intv): Which heals more?

3) Leeching Venoms (steal health when venom) Vs Shadow’s Embrace (remove condition every 3 sec in stealth)

1. I think not
2. I dont use it myself, but I think Assassins Reward
3. Shadow Embrace

Im also using P/D build, very similar to yours
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-cR3V;1RwkZ0W5VOkd0;9;4J-TE-37;253A1;3IFl6;2fRk9fRk02Vv

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

@JulianElda,3x runes of Krait are OK,but why you use 3x Centaur runes,instead of 3x Afflicted?

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

JulianElda.5638

I dont have enough gold – I need some to gear my warrior :P
Im wearing exotic rampager armor, exotic carrion amulet, and green carrion rings and acc

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: Mikey.1456

Mikey.1456

Yes you do benefit from shadow protector when you stealth i tested it. I get 5 sec regen every sime i cloak.

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Cempa.5619

What is the best gear for this build? Condi/Tough/Prec is on trader as we speak, is that best? Mix of ramp jewels?

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

JulianElda.5638

depend on your preference,
I use rampager over carrion for more precision, direct damage is more useful when you want to kill someone before they enter towers/keeps in wvw

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Albane.8367

You are not doing a ton of healing, just a lot of regenerating, which is why Toughness is more valuable than Vitality. For this reason, your best option is to run Toughness/Precision/Condition gear.

Combine Krait, Afflicted and Centaur 2 piece Rune for 45% Bleed duration. You will see a huge difference in your damage. Use a Sigil of Agony for another 10% to make your 4 seconds bleed last 7 seconds.

I keep making very small changes to my build and gear. Might on dodge is one of my new favorites with how much I dodge. I pretty much always have 4+ stacks from this, which is 140 condition/power damage. Combined with the Hidden Assassin trait, you will be able to keep up 6+ mights indefinitely.

With this build, everytime I CnD and sit in stealth for 4 seconds between Sneak Attacks, I regen 3000 health. (Assassin’s Reward only heals for 400 for 6 initiative, not worth it, imo)

CUT AND PASTE
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-cR333;0RwkZ0J5VOkd0;9;6TT9;423A1582;0KZF48;1dZm9fRk02Vp

BTW, this build will probably be getting nerfed soon, since you are immortal against less than 4 players, if you play smart.

(edited by Albane.8367)

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

For a particular armor type, you can also get good use from Apothecary armor. It has the following stats:

+Healing Power
+Toughness
+Condition Damage

I’m using the prec/tough/cond armor atm. I do have a full set of Apothecary gear, but I don’t have the cash atm, for the runes I use. I have 558 Healing power with what I’m using, and swapping over to Apothecary would get me to ~800 Healing power or so, which I think is more valuable than Precision.

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: slender.1482

slender.1482

here’s what I’m running in WvW atm:

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.7.6.10.13.0.1.32.0.0.154.157.159.168.177.0.0.0.454.458.0.0.0.0.484.481.489.501.505.0.0.0.0.20.0.30.20.0

I use vit/healing/cond gear and jewelerly, and can easily take an unorganized group of 3 and finish them. Everyone should note though, that p/d build excels so well in WvW because of the natural chaos of the zone. If a group catches on and coordinates 2 or more hard CC on the thief, he is dead.

I’m seeing these other builds around and I’m wondering how others like toughness or power over vitality or healing. I find toughness to be rather ineffective as any thief will easily be bursted down with 16k hp

Also, how does shadow rejuvenation (regen health in stealth – shadow arts) compare to shadow protector (stealthing an ally grants rejuv for 5 sec – shadow arts)

here is wiki information on the skills:
shadow rejuv: Each pulse heals for 293 + 0.1 * Healing Power at 80. ( i am unsure of pulses)
rejuv: Health Restored = 4 + level + (0.06 * Healing Power) per second
and assasssin’s reward in acrobatics: At level 80, this heals you for 69 + (0.035 x healing power) per point of initiative spent.

Thief Prime [BC] – thief Borlis Pass

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Cempa.5619

Sigil: Might on Swap+Condition on kill P/D D/D

Thoughts?

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: slender.1482

slender.1482

Thoughts?

I’m using the AOE freeze on shortbow swap. I don’t think i would use d/d at all in p/d build, d/d is more of a direct damage unless you trait for initiative gains for death blossom.

Thief Prime [BC] – thief Borlis Pass

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Thoughts?

I’m using the AOE freeze on shortbow swap. I don’t think i would use d/d at all in p/d build, d/d is more of a direct damage unless you trait for initiative gains for death blossom.

I’d agree on this. If you want AE conditions you can shotgun shortbow, aside from death blossom D/D doesn’t bring much to P/D since they share the offhand skills.

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Also, how does shadow rejuvenation (regen health in stealth – shadow arts) compare to shadow protector (stealthing an ally grants rejuv for 5 sec – shadow arts)

• Rejuvenation is always applied, Protector is not applied when health regen is already present,
  • Protector can help allies.
  • Protector is applied upfront, so you can stealth and hit your stealth attack and still get healed for the full amount while rejuvenation heals more the longer you stay in stealth.
  • Over the full 4 seconds, rejuvenation heals more – you can get swarmed by mobs and heal up completely with a couple well timed C&D
  • Rejuvenation is a Grandmaster level trait, Protector Adept, 30 vs 10 point required rejuvenation gives more build freedom.

The healing from Assassins reward pales in comparison to Rejuvenation, but still adds up, add in a healing skill and you could come out of stealth with almost half of your healthpool refilled, which can be disheartening for your opponent(s).

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

The healing from Assassins reward pales in comparison to Rejuvenation,

Assassin’s reward lets you dump ini for healing and scales far better due to initiative synergy and the fact that most thieves don’t invest into healing power. AR usually rewards uptime while Rejuvenation rewards downtime. They don’t really function the same though, and comparing them is like comparing SoM and HiS, vastly different healing tools.

Almost 80 P/D LF Advice

in Thief

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

You are not doing a ton of healing, just a lot of regenerating, which is why Toughness is more valuable than Vitality. For this reason, your best option is to run Toughness/Precision/Condition gear.

Combine Krait, Afflicted and Centaur 2 piece Rune for 45% Bleed duration. You will see a huge difference in your damage. Use a Sigil of Agony for another 10% to make your 4 seconds bleed last 7 seconds.

I keep making very small changes to my build and gear. Might on dodge is one of my new favorites with how much I dodge. I pretty much always have 4+ stacks from this, which is 140 condition/power damage. Combined with the Hidden Assassin trait, you will be able to keep up 6+ mights indefinitely.

With this build, everytime I CnD and sit in stealth for 4 seconds between Sneak Attacks, I regen 3000 health. (Assassin’s Reward only heals for 400 for 6 initiative, not worth it, imo)

CUT AND PASTE
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-cR333;0RwkZ0J5VOkd0;9;6TT9;423A1582;0KZF48;1dZm9fRk02Vp

BTW, this build will probably be getting nerfed soon, since you are immortal against less than 4 players, if you play smart.

Oh I love when ppl add this as in they have the best build out there. I highly doubt this will get nerfed its pretty much the thiefs version of bunker in wvw. There is no Stun Breaker in there and though blinding powder acts similar to a stun breaker in some ways it is definitely not one. A straight GC BS thief can still wreck you.

Incoming bask venom you pop BP they are heartseeker which since its channeled will still follow you. Fighting a 100bs warrior and BP will only blind 1 hit of the multi hit combo. Shadow Step is much better than BP. Bunker Ele’s fight 4 people all day long easily didn’t get a nerf and p/d has been around for a while.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}