And another nerf is in

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

“Stealth Attacks: All stealth attack skills will now have a 1-second recharge between uses.”

Makes really sense as there’s no idicator as when your second will be up, you burn your stealth because of it and well the passive blocks and whatnots which still are around hurt additionally.

Why don’t we just delete thief and call it a day?

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Thief main here. I don’t mind being punished if I miss or have my backstab blocked. It promotes more skillful use of stealth skills.

Stop spamming stealth skills.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

No, it’s a somewhat good nerf. 1 second punishes a badly timed stealth attack. Before it was pretty much spam until success.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

The thing is… there’s no skill in passive blocks either

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Jana.6831

Well, I said why to me right now it’s a nerf.
I can’t really catch up with my enemies anyway (wonky gameplay), there’s lags everywhere, there’s passive blocks everywhere – I don’t get one second more stealth..

This change was unneccessary at the current state of the game.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Jana.6831

Thief main here.

Says a warrior main – ok, then. Why are you guys doing stuff like that anyway, to fool the devs into thinking they made a good descision because a “thief main” claimed this nerf promoted “more skillful play”?

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

They’re so sad. But w/e playing warrior nowadays shows a clear lack of skil. Anyway as I said, I don’t care anymore, I loke playing subpar sets nowadays for trolling ppl and make them screaming in chat that thief is useless. Same ppl that on forum ask for thief nerfs.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

i really dont see an issue with this, i think most of use only “spammed” stealth attacks where we predict enemy stealth player is. you still get a 2nd chance before 3 seconds of stealth wears of anyway.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Currently the games pace is a little bit too fast tracked, and classes too high damage dealing for this Nerf to be acceptable.

You tell me what you do when you try to CnD a DH get trapped, and are unable to deal A.A damage for that 1 second. Which in-turn can greatly decide whether you live or die?, Because a lot of damage can happen in 1 second.

The argument is mainly for X/D builds.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: omega.3758

omega.3758

Here is the cycle. Brainless PvP/PvE noob player gets owned by thief and then runs to arena net and cries → Arena Net nerf thiefs in response → Thief’s rage →Trolls/Thief haters talk kitten on thief’s and/or impersonate thief’s and praise Arena Net for patch changes to thief → Arena Net looks at these posts and pats themselves on the back → Cycle Repeats.

Meanwhile on the sidelines………other PvP/PvE player who are not thief’s and/or noobs but understand the game better shake their heads at the situation felling pity for thiefs but don’t voice it since its not affecting them.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Jana.6831

I tried it in PvE (no SA) after the patch and I didn’t have a chance to get my second BS in.
And in the end: this hurts D/D thieves the most anyway.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

A passive block, by which you mean aegis, happens only every 40 seconds, while you can use backstab at least every 6-7 seconds.

Cry more.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Jana.6831

A passive block, by which you mean aegis, happens only every 40 seconds, while you can use backstab at least every 6-7 seconds.

Cry more.

Ok: All classes (except necro) also have blocks they can apply actively – additionally to their passive blocks. The active skills are often, but not always, easier to avoid, but in the end a thief has got to do a lot to stealth and all of that is wasted thanks to the active and passive blocks and thanks to the newest nerf.

People really should cry some more about mesmer and engi stealth – look at how easily they can apply it – why punish thief with every patch?

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Cry more.

Ok: All classes (except necro) also have blocks they can apply actively – additionally to their passive blocks. The active skills are often, but not always, easier to avoid, but in the end a thief has got to do a lot to stealth and all of that is wasted thanks to the active and passive blocks and thanks to the newest nerf.

People really should cry some more about mesmer and engi stealth – look at how easily they can apply it – why punish thief with every patch?

Because of stealth/backstab spam. It sadly leads to the mindset that thief is OP. All it would take is a nerf of D/P and then everyboyd would see how weak thief actually is, allowing us to get more buffs. Too bad that will never happen.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Jana.6831

Because of stealth/backstab spam. It sadly leads to the mindset that thief is OP. All it would take is a nerf of D/P and then everyboyd would see how weak thief actually is, allowing us to get more buffs. Too bad that will never happen.

I agree with you

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: NuhDah.9812

NuhDah.9812

Cry more.

Nerfing the “only” viable power based weapon set (at least in wvw, since in pve it’s not so much either) wouldn’t do any good for thief players only if that thing about proving how weak thieves are is so important to you -> because if they didn’t see this until now, i doubt this would open their eyes anyways. Staff was better in pve and they nerfed it, cause otherwise thief was such an “important” piece on the party/raid table anyways. :P

I guess the cooldown on stealth attacks would inspire more precision in those attacks usage – that shouldn’t be a bad thing normally cause it makes you need to make even less mistakes when playing this class, but wouldn’t be a potential nerf for the good players. The problem with this comes if you stealth while blinded… with the shorter stealth times you most likely will not be able to attack twice if you only leap once through the smoke field, so you’ll either have to use another initiative consuming skill or leap again – which is actually the same thing.

Also this cooldown thing on thief weapon attack is getting the initial theme of the thief even further away. If they want to introduce cd based attacks, nothing can stop them if they did this.

Edit: they also nerfed Sigil of Air by 20%, another joyful nerf…

(edited by NuhDah.9812)

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Jana.6831

D/P basically carries itself – all traits are of use for D/P, the set can even survive major blunders. They aren’t even really hurt by the 1 s cooldown as their main damage comes from shadow shot anyway and they’re able to take hidden thief which no other set can really make use of = free stealth.
That’s why it would be nice if the devs would step away from that set if they have any interest in thief at all – and learn that this is a massive “we don’t care about you” to most/all other thief players.
And I’d like to be able to kill some D/P thieves again as well – but they’re that much stronger than me that I simply have no chance.

I guess this was our quarterly balance patch and a buddy just msg me and said the exact same thing I said in my OP – and we both agree that it’s over.

ETA: Again: if the game was running smoothly (ever tried to keep pace with your zerg and although you have the same buffs they do you won’t be able to reach them? same with enemies), no bugs, blunders, lags, wonky gameplay. If the passives would be cut in half, if if if – then I might agree that 0,5s or 0,75 s cooldown on stealth attacks would be ok – but not right now.

(edited by Jana.6831)

And another nerf is in

in Thief

NuhDah.9812

D/P basically carries itself – all traits are of use for D/P, the set can even survive major blunders. They aren’t even really hurt by the 1 s cooldown as their main damage comes from shadow shot anyway and they’re able to take hidden thief which no other set can really make use of = free stealth.
That’s why it would be nice if the devs would step away from that set if they have any interest in thief at all – and learn that this is a massive “we don’t care about you” to most/all other thief players.
And I’d like to be able to kill some D/P thieves again as well – but they’re that much stronger than me that I simply have no chance.

I guess this was our quarterly balance patch and a buddy just msg me and said the exact same thing I said in my OP – and we both agree that it’s over.

last time I played SA with my D/P set was when i realized SA doesn’t deal enough dmg to be a threat to any other well played profession, so your “hidden thief” argument is pretty weak. if they made SA a viable build for power thief I’d understand your argument, but for now SA is for running away of playing invisible ebola…

Step away from the SA “free stealth” trait line and you’ll see the issue with the thief, and the issue. Anyways Shadow Shot is actually a utility ability not a dmg one, so that argument is invalid too. Not sure how is it you play thief, but I guess one of us is the weird one here lol.

P.S. I’ve heard and experienced that staff thief counters D/P – you might want to try and master this one and get the result you wanted – to kill the D/P thief.

(edited by NuhDah.9812)

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Jana.6831

last time I played SA with my D/P set was when i realized SA doesn’t deal enough dmg to be a threat to any other well played profession, so your “hidden thief” argument is pretty weak. if they made SA a viable build for power thief I’d understand your argument, but for now SA is for running away of playing invisible ebola…

Step away from the SA “free stealth” trait line and you’ll see the issue with the thief, and the issue. Anyways Shadow Shot is actually a utility ability not a dmg one, so that argument is invalid too. Not sure how is it you play thief, but I guess one of us is the weird one here lol.

P.S. I’ve heard and experienced that staff thief counters D/P – you might want to try and master this one and get the result you wanted – to kill the D/P thief.

Then look the damage Shadow Shot does up – the skill does a lot, yes. And if you want defense you have to take SA – and in fact we were discussing SA, so I wasn’t off topic at all and don’t have to step away from anything. (ETA: Alright, that was in the other thread – still it wasn’t the main point I was making but an example).
Of course D/P can make use of any other traitlines, unlike other thief sets as they’ve got enough free cards.
I think you’re the weird one – try another set than D/P

ETA: And in fact if I wanted to counter a D/P thief, I’d go Scrapper or anything – that’s no argument – I want the set I enjoy the most to be viable again. Otherwise we all could just play the same class with the same build – doesn’t make sense, does it?

(edited by Jana.6831)

And another nerf is in

in Thief

NuhDah.9812

Then look the damage Shadow Shot does up – the skill does a lot, yes. And if you want defense you have to take SA – and in fact we were discussing SA, so I wasn’t off topic at all and don’t have to step away from anything.
Of course D/P can make use of any other traitlines, unlike other thief sets as they’ve got enough free cards.
I think you’re the weird one – try another set than D/P

ETA: And in fact if I wanted to counter a D/P thief, I’d go Scrapper or anything – that’s no argument – I want the set I enjoy the most to be viable again. Otherwise we all could just play the same class with the same build – doesn’t make sense, does it?

The Shadow shot dmg is nothing out of the ordinary for a utility skill, not to mention if you spam it you seriously need to get a bit of more skill with thief cause that thing is really not spammable in the long run. I do play D/P cause I like how it plays it’s actually the set that got me in love with thief in the first place… but I seriously stopped spamming 3 after I got a bit of experience in the game, and also moved away from the bonus defense SA provided me (even though i liked that trait line) after I realized it’s not good enough to go against most of everything that knew how to play the game.

For me and probably most of the people who know what they are doing with this set D/P is more about the 5+2 combo, 3 & 4 for gap closing and utility reasons and 1 for the dagger dmg which is pretty much the real dmg dealer with this set.

Anyways I’m not much of a fan of S/*, but I don’t blame you if you are. I play staff in pve usually. So I won’t force you to go go and play something you don’t like, But buffing some of the forgotten weapon sets is one thing, wishing for the one that usually beats you to get a nerf is something sad, though. cause D/P as an overall build in the game compared to what other professions can do with some of them is pretty average.

Edit: 2 last things i forgot to say: 1. you can check the thief meta and see there is no SA in the trait line, and that is for a reason… probably people more experienced then us knew what they were talking about.

And 2. the D/P thieves that usually beat you are probably more experienced players anyways, or at least have a better build than you so you shouldn’t put that much belief in the fact that your weapon set is weaker then theirs, but that you need more skill or a better build. I know you want to have it all and play the way you want to with the weapons you want to, but some things counter other and also some things are better then others and you’ll understand how to pick them up on the way while you learn the game. Mixing up random stuff just because you like them will never get you the best result, if that mix isn’t the best result…

(edited by NuhDah.9812)

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Jana.6831

The Shadow shot dmg is nothing out of the ordinary for a utility skill

Then compare it with CnD…
And also you claimed SS does no damage.

I do play D/P cause I like how it plays it’s actually the set that got me in love with thief in the first place…

That’s good for you – why do you deny me to play the set I love the most?

And the problem is: D/P is that “well” designed (= brainless) that it can survive anything anet throws at it wheras we other thieves have to quit the game.
And yes, if they haven’t realized it by now they likely never will – doesn’t mean I can’t say that the reason why thief is dead to a lot of people is that they pay no attention to D/P at all.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: Gallant Pigeon.5807

Gallant Pigeon.5807

This nerf might have fair for d/p and pistol main. But what about every other thief set? Its yet another nerf to sword mainhand and d/d. The balance is all over the shop.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: TheDarkSoul.1938

TheDarkSoul.1938

NuhDah, I’m sorry but Jana is right on this one, claiming that Shadow Shot is “nothing out of the ordinary” for a UTILITY skill is just wrong. SS is basically the main source of damage for D/P thieves as well as having a gap closer and an unblockable blind. It’s a blatantly overloaded skill, which is why it IS spammable. It should have been nerfed ages ago.

And no, a D/D thief will almost always lose to a D/P thief regardless of skill because D/P is better than D/D in almost every way. D/D IS a weaker set, that’s pretty much common knowledge even to non-Thief players.

Fissure Of Woe – [lpe]
I Silent – Thief
…. That’s about it.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

NuhDah.9812

The Shadow shot dmg is nothing out of the ordinary for a utility skill

Then compare it with CnD…
And also you claimed SS does no damage.

I do play D/P cause I like how it plays it’s actually the set that got me in love with thief in the first place…

That’s good for you – why do you deny me to play the set I love the most?

And the problem is: D/P is that “well” designed (= brainless) that it can survive anything anet throws at it wheras we other thieves have to quit the game.
And yes, if they haven’t realized it by now they likely never will – doesn’t mean I can’t say that the reason why thief is dead to a lot of people is that they pay no attention to D/P at all.

Never claimed SS dealt no dmg, i only said that it’s used as an gap closer/utility and that it’s dmg is nothing special compared to most of the other attacks in the game <- which is fairly true.

Also D/P is not designed to survive anything grand like that… probably most match-ups against it from our sibling professions would kill it. What makes thieves more survivable is the SB but that’s another story. if you believe D/P is that survivable, why don’t you try it. And tell me afterwards if you managed to beat anyone not braindead using SA or if you feel any survivability left in you when you go something like Tr/DA/DrD like the meta.

You can use your spec to run away, but this way you’ll never beat anyone when you need to. And I can assure you, even if D/P might be in some cases more forgiving, it’s not something that you learn how it works best over night if you want to go against skilled players of any profession. Heck, i’m pretty sure that you stay away from the set because you don’t know how to play it, and it’s easier for you to claim that more experienced players who used it and beat you just use a op weapon set… which is again not true.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Someone pointed out rightly so in another thread that this is a monster nerf for fighting other stealthed players particularly mesmers.

Stealth mesmers and perma stealth thieves just got a nice defensive boost from this change. No more head hunting blindly.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

And another nerf is in

in Thief

NuhDah.9812

NuhDah, I’m sorry but Jana is right on this one, claiming that Shadow Shot is “nothing out of the ordinary” for a UTILITY skill is just wrong. SS is basically the main source of damage for D/P thieves as well as having a gap closer and an unblockable blind. It’s a blatantly overloaded skill, which is why it IS spammable. It should have been nerfed ages ago.

And no, a D/D thief will almost always lose to a D/P thief regardless of skill because D/P is better than D/D in almost every way. D/D IS a weaker set, that’s pretty much common knowledge even to non-Thief players.

Well, I’m sorry if this offends you and Jana, but I’ll repeat myself. If you use SS as your main dmg source with D/P you don’t know to play the spec. I’ll let you guys maybe check some of this person D/P videos and after you find where they use SS as a main source of dmg with D/P let me know. https://www.youtube.com/user/T3rissimo/videos

I’m giving this example cause this person seems to know what they are doing and you’d probably agree after watching. Thief with D/P have way better dmg sources than SS, trust me. Even 2 (another thing that shouldn’t be spammable) has better dmg than SS.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: Terissimo.6852

Terissimo.6852

I was less dissapointed years ago after anet introduced 4s reveal to wvw. That 1s cd is like spit on our faces. It was frustrating enough to deal with all these invulns/blocks etc. Now its gonna be nightmare. I cant even imagine how much I will rage when i will try to steal stab combo but there will be no valid path to target/line of sight and i will not be able to burst cuz of this ****

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Jana.6831

Well, I’m sorry if this offends you and Jana, but I’ll repeat myself. If you use SS as your main dmg source with D/P you don’t know to play the spec. I’ll let you guys maybe check some of this person D/P videos and after you find where they use SS as a main source of dmg with D/P let me know. https://www.youtube.com/user/T3rissimo/videos

I’m giving this example cause this person seems to know what they are doing and you’d probably agree after watching. Thief with D/P have way better dmg sources than SS, trust me. Even 2 (another thing that shouldn’t be spammable) has better dmg than SS.

The problem is a bit deeper than your L2P advise.
SS is a “free” port, BP and HS is the “free source” of stealth for D/P – a D/P thief is no real melee thief but is able to port in and out – the reason why this set works and why D/P can take almost anything. SS does more damage than CnD which is way harder to land. It also has free blind and an unblockable port – all other thieves have to trait for all of what’s in this one skill.
Also a lot of the traits are now merged in a way that make them only useful for D/P as all other weaponsets relied on traits which D/P never did.

I know more about thief and D/P than you think – I don’t need to watch videos to learn how to play it

ETA: And again: I don’t want to destroy D/P, I want anet to realize that thief is still there because SS has got everything all other sets don’t have access to – and they should change that.

(edited by Jana.6831)

And another nerf is in

in Thief

NuhDah.9812

In that case I need to say this if they nerfed SS dmg a bit I wouldn’t mind that much (since as i said I use that ability for utility reasons and filler dmg on blocks) if they would find a way to not only nerf thief and instead focus on getting the redundant or bad trait lines, builds and weapon sets to a competitive level. But then again, nearfing D/P isn’t the way to go. needless to say they seem to nearf thief as a whole, some specs being hit more then another.

Btw, I just had a bit of fun in wvw and there was a condi guy who actually did a great job on me. And he wasn’t spamming 3 surpirsingly. I guess these new changes need to be tested a bit, and who knows they might even have done some good to the venom specs.

Well, I won’t comment on the SS subject anymore after this, but I’m gonna say this. there is no doubt SS is a good ability, “it has it all”, even so just 3 alone isn’t making thief a beast or anything because it has it’s flaws too, it’s situational and it’s not something you can abuse to get results. It’s just an ability that makes D/P a bit better in combination with the other D/P attacks and it’s sort of exclusively for power thief. Also D/P lacks a lot when it comes to pve cause it’s focus is only single target melee dmg, mobility and control. For aoe, condi spam, support or range burst there are other better ways to go, like staff or D/D, P/P that do a better job. So it’s more about of what you chose to play after you get over the “want it all” mentality.

If you feel more comfortable with D/P style of play why not use that weapon set if it’s not about l2p and the set is so magnificently good? I guess the answer is because you like something else better, cause you feel your role is other then engaging-bursting-disengaging, and you can’t play the way D/P good enough to satisfy your needs. I’m only making assumptions here so feel free to deny what I’m just saying, but as I said, you can’t have it all, but you need to choose what feels good for you, and if it doesn’t work as intended then you need to change something to make it better. I myself had to abandon poor old SA and learn to play DrD the way it should to maximize it’s effectiveness. It was a choice I made to adapt to a play style I wanted at that point. It’s all about learning, trying and adapting.

Oh, and cheers Teri, I see you joined in too!

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

How van anyone say shadow shot is a utility skill, its probably the hardest hitting non conditional skill on that set. The tool lip is far too greedy for what it does.

I quite often hit 5/6k with this skill and at 4 inative it also ports me from.900 range blinds enemy and it’s unblockable.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: TheDarkSoul.1938

TheDarkSoul.1938

^ Exactly.

@ NuhDah, D/P is my main set. It’s the set that, up until very recently, I’ve used literally every single day. I KNOW how to play the set, I may not be as good as people like Terrissimo (Who btw I’ve played in the same guild with, I’ve watched her fight both in-game and in vids already so I’m not exactly unaware of who she is) but that doesn’t mean I “can’t play the set good enough” just because I disagree with you.

The FACT is that SS is an overloaded skill. With the amount of utility it has, it does too much damage. That’s just a fact, lol. You can claim otherwise but at the end of the day, nowadays SS, besides AA, is the primary source of damage for Daredevil builds (so yano, almost everyone) because Stealth can no longer be relied on as much as it was pre-HoT, SA is a redundant traitline and Backstab is now even harder to land than before, and it was already pretty hard when you considered the number of AoE CCs/reveals/passive procs that literally everyone has.

Also in regards to HS, there is NO reason to use HS for damage over SS because unless the target is at 25% or lower, SS still hits harder whilst also being a better gap closer and having an additional blind component on top of that. The only reason to use HS for the most part is for the 5-2 combo.

Please stop assuming that you’re a better player simply because we disagree with you, lol.

Fissure Of Woe – [lpe]
I Silent – Thief
…. That’s about it.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

NuhDah.9812

How van anyone say shadow shot is a utility skill, its probably the hardest hitting non conditional skill on that set. The tool lip is far too greedy for what it does.

I quite often hit 5/6k with this skill and at 4 inative it also ports me from.900 range blinds enemy and it’s unblockable.

So with your 5/6k Shadow Shot hits you’re telling me you can usually spam 3 of it in like 2 seconds and kill most of any class? I mean if this is true you’ll get like 15k-18k dmg in like 2 seconds and it can’t be blocked. Why would you want to use any other skill if this one is that efficient. With the initiative pool of Tr you’ll get like 5 free SS that you can spam and with that you’ll do like 25k-30k in 3-4 seconds with unblockable projectiles. I encourage you to use it as your main source of dmg if it’s that good for you… as for me, I’ll stick with using it situationaly as a utility – for me this worked way better then considering SS the big dmg dealer that you make it appear to be.

(edited by NuhDah.9812)

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

Ofc I can if said enemy let’s me do it, by either not dodging or popping an invul but that dosnt mean to say that is what i do. I try not to play d/p most of the time and only when I play thief in guild raids and i know of a lot thives agree that is too good not to use (ss) even a 50% dmg reduction or even a 33% and this skill would be still too good. Even if it did no dmg people still use it for a cheap port for back stabs

And another nerf is in

in Thief

NuhDah.9812

Ofc I can if said enemy let’s me do it, by either not dodging or popping an invul but that dosnt mean to say that is what i do. I try not to play d/p most of the time and only when I play thief in guild raids and i know of a lot thives agree that is too good not to use (ss) even a 50% dmg reduction or even a 33% and this skill would be still too good. Even if it did no dmg people still use it for a cheap port for back stabs

So what are you saying is the the other 3 skills of thieves are so underperforming compared to the D/P 3? lets think about it.

D/D 3 is a aoe condi share with evade on it and small direct dmg. The evade is a better defensive trait then a blind, it work as an aoe and it works for condi builds, sure not for power builds, but for condi builds I’ll have to say is more then on par with whatever advantages SS gets you for power build.

P/P 3 is one of the heaviest hitting abilities in the game and also gives you might, it’s only problem is it consumes a bit more of thief’s initiative, but you definitely don’t need a port on it and you can keep distance (see, porting might be an advantage for attacking if you are melee, but it also makes you vulnerable a lot when you think how many death marks it gets you when you do that to most of the professions who only need to aoe on self to drop you) from you enemy while landing a real big hit.

Staff 3 is an evade to, with movement control clear, cripple a small heal and a small amount of dmg, while it can be used to fast disengage from sticky situations too like a fas roll. Wouldn’t you say this is on par too?

Shortbow 3 its a cripple with evade that can be pretty much used defensively and for kiting in most every situation.

P/D shadow shot does mostly same thing as the D/P one but applies torment instead of blind and it’s not unblockable, deals a bit of initial dmg and sude for porting backwards to keep distance instead of porting towards the foe which is actually a great thing for condi ranged (kiting and keeping condi up on the enemy).

S/D might need a buff to be efficient this is true and S/P is a good ability that only needs a bit of more skill to use but it does it’s job. It’s a stun evade and does better dmg overall then SS.

There you have it. Even though the usages or synergy with the build itself might vary you can’t say that most of the 3 skills of thief are somewhere close if not on par with SS, but they do better for other intended play styles.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Jana.6831

I’m the queen of offtopic, I know, but can you please stop to tell us that we need to L2P and justify D/P lengthy although you have no idea about any other thief set? This thread is about the latest nerf which I hope anet will make undone – but I know them; they won’t or will do so in about a year (with a bunch of nerfs, of course). When another x k of players have left. “Why don’t they like our game? Why is wvw dying, we’re making poll after poll!”

Make your own thread with blackjack and kittens. You could also use the wonky search and find that we’ve already discussed this (to death).

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

SS = easy to dodge no need to nerf, obvious sound effect, delay between shoot and stab also spamming it will empty your initiative pool —-> no initiative = no stealth! because 2 sec stealth costs 9 initiative.
CnD = Hard to land but extremely strong with CnD+BS combo, it is for pro thieves and for condi builds.A small range increase would make it better for power builds but for more cancerous for condis.

The new 1 sec ICD totaly destroyed thief mechanic, i dont even know how this came into live game servers.I always had hard time landing BS now a miss an eavde or just a small range increase in the last seconds will put this skill on CD, this needs to be removed immediately, otherwise this was the last time i played with my thief.
It is a pain to fight with Dragonfu**ers now u cant even land backstabs on them which is extremely funny because it is the main source of damage to get someone under 50% hp.
Anyway gg to all thief haters here and under evry other thief posts for calling this a good idea!
GG to anet too did an extremely good job with thieves, next patch u should introduce a 2nd elite skills with no ICD, which instantly kills thieves on sight……

(edited by Menyus.4610)

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Menyus.4610

Oh after i wrote this post i encountered a fun conversation on EB read the chat……

Attachments:

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

you can stow weapon if you believe its about to miss, easy

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

No, I never said that the other 3 skills are underperforming.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Menyus.4610

Yeah because cancelling a skill wont put it on a 1 sec cd -.-

And another nerf is in

in Thief

bluri.2653

Yeah because cancelling a skill wont put it on a 1 sec cd -.-

doesn’t feel like a second if you try it out, feels only like global CD which you have when you missed backstab before patch, thats at least how it feels to me.

at least if you compare to fully cast backstab vs stowing it

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Menyus.4610

Its kinda hard to cancel a bakcstab mid air aint u think? after u called it oh its easy

And another nerf is in

in Thief

NuhDah.9812

I’m the queen of offtopic, I know, but can you please stop to tell us that we need to L2P and justify D/P lengthy although you have no idea about any other thief set? This thread is about the latest nerf which I hope anet will make undone – but I know them; they won’t or will do so in about a year (with a bunch of nerfs, of course). When another x k of players have left. “Why don’t they like our game? Why is wvw dying, we’re making poll after poll!”

Make your own thread with blackjack and kittens. You could also use the wonky search and find that we’ve already discussed this (to death).

This is not about L2P even though if you feel like this is what you need to do feel free to do it, and I’ll stop defending D/P when you people will stop blaming it all on D/P and the 3 ability of the weapon set which is far from being anything like making the set overperforming or dealing too much dmg, or whatever else bs I’m reading about it.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Jana.6831

This is not about L2P even though if you feel like this is what you need to do feel free to do it, and I’ll stop defending D/P when you people will stop blaming it all on D/P and the 3 ability of the weapon set which is far from being anything like making the set overperforming or dealing too much dmg, or whatever else bs I’m reading about it.

Honey: You told me earlier that I need to learn to play D/P – that’s actually the set I started with (kind of) – you assume that you know more than me and I and others are telling you that you don’t. You make this obvious in every post. That’s totally fine but unfortunately it’s offtopic – so make your own thread and discuss it there, ok? I might explain to you why we brought this up in this thread in the first place.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

NuhDah.9812

Honey: You told me earlier that I need to learn to play D/P – that’s actually the set I started with (kind of) – you assume that you know more than me and I and others are telling you that you don’t. You make this obvious in every post. That’s totally fine but unfortunately it’s offtopic – so make your own thread and discuss it there, ok? I might explain to you why we brought this up in this thread in the first place.

Actually I only mentioned you needing to l2p D/P when you were say SS is the something like the main source of dmg this set has, and I told you it is 1 that is the main source, and you can’t expect to use SS other then situationally and for gap closing to do much against people who know to play. If SS was such a deal breaker as you say you’d want to use it as much as possible, which again is not the way to play D/P.

Just because you used d/p when you weren’t experienced at all and you were spamming it in story missions and felt that’s all you need to do to be “good” with this weapon set doesn’t mean that that’s actually the set plays.

I guess my arguments might feel a bit true and it’s just your ego that doesn’t let this sink in since you’re always mentioning this l2p stuff that I only mentioned once and within context (might have stung too much and lingered for you). And like before if you really feel like this is the problem feel free to trust your instincts and do it. I even went through the effort and posting some videos with things someone undeniably experienced is doing if you feel like what I say it’s not trustworthy… but it seems you feel like you’re the only one to know it all.

And on this same feed someone else mentioned this in a nutshell: “SS = easy to dodge no need to nerf, obvious sound effect, delay between shoot and stab also spamming it will empty your initiative pool —-> no initiative = no stealth! because 2 sec stealth costs 9 initiative.
CnD = Hard to land but extremely strong with CnD+BS combo, it is for pro thieves and for condi builds.A small range increase would make it better for power builds but for more cancerous for condis.” You should listen to more then the opinion that feel convenient to you.

(edited by NuhDah.9812)

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

haven’t played this game for a few years now came back to check out how my favorite class is going …..

you guys still getting ridiculous nerf after nerf ?

how is WVW ?

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Jana.6831

haven’t played this game for a few years now came back to check out how my favorite class is going …..

how is WVW ?

We’re dead.
If you fancy D/P and have/buy HoT you might still have a chance to not be a free lootbag, otherwise: don’t play thief.
Wvw is a general mess.

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

how is WVW ?

We’re dead.
If you fancy D/P and have/buy HoT you might still have a chance to not be a free lootbag, otherwise: don’t play thief.
Wvw is a general mess.

thanks that is what I was afraid of guess I am not coming back any time soon

And another nerf is in

in Thief

Jana.6831

thanks that is what I was afraid of guess I am not coming back any time soon

4 months til the next balance patch
But I guess even less thieves will be around then to answer your questions.
At some point you might have to look for yourself…

And another nerf is in

in Thief

bluri.2653

Its kinda hard to cancel a bakcstab mid air aint u think? after u called it oh its easy

when in gods name would you ever backstab midair lmao are you for real