And it begins anew....

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

It seems the latest round of nerfs were not enough, and players are starting again to call for more thief nerfs

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Another-NERF-thief-topic/first#post1747683

Like I said before…the nerf wasn’t needed, but it was only a l2 kitten ue.

4 secs reveal + no culling and they still complain…..

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: kroven.4895

kroven.4895

Complaints will never stop no matter what. Any class can beat any class under the right circumstances and some are easier to play than others obviously. It’s just the people who die and the first thing they do is cry about it.
Same with those who die to other classes and they come on the forums and make “THIS CLASS SUCK PLIS BUFF” posts.

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Like I said in that thread, if Thieves only had one skill that just caused the casting player to die, they would still be complained about by others.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

… I thought that was Heartseeker? (dies laughing)

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

4 secs reveal already gave people a huge advantage, it’s an extra second to react and disable the thief before it can stealth again
Tbh, Thieves have the lowest HP pool in the game imo (and worst defense as well) – base stats – and people want even more advantage?

Let’s start flamming other classes: Warriors can deal a huge 17k damage in so little time, engs can kite forever, every ele skill is OP, Guardians can heal themselves to full life so you have to “kill” them 2 or 3 times, etc

Hey ANet, we have a problem. Every other class has too much defense, so we can’t kill them without exposing us too much. Nerf please

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Jinks.2057

Don’t misinterpret the point of this post.

The point is even after these uncalled for nerfs on thieves…….people still complain when dying to a completely under powered build.

You don’t see nerf eles/mes/war/engi/necro/ranger threads in the WvW section do you?

No only thieves, and these rants for nerfs are baseless and wrong. Given enough time they will build up again to the fever they just previously obtained….and Anet will nerf again.

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: Suralin.3947

Suralin.3947

The only problem they have is Stealth. They can’t stand an invisible attacker. So long as Thieves can stealth, they will complain. And for that reason alone, ANet should not have touched the Stealth debuff.

DragonBrand – Terror Gaming [TG]
Fer Aline – Thf; Suralinta – Rgr; Alyra Va Tel – Ele; Mer Aline – War

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Jinks.2057

The only problem they have is Stealth. They can’t stand an invisible attacker. So long as Thieves can stealth, they will complain. And for that reason alone, ANet should not have touched the Stealth debuff.

True

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

No, I’m pretty sure that means they never should have made stealth in the first place.

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

If you played GW1 you know it does not end there
If the thief could not stealth they would be complaining about Shadowsteps.
I can 100% guarantee this with every fiber in my body.
Especially since some have already been talking about shadowstepping.

The great forum duppy.

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

No, the reason they’re complaining is because, like A-net said in the SoTG, thief is more effective in PvP considering equal skill if said skill level is low. That is, thieves kill noobs more effectively than other classes.

There are a couple other things that people generally complain about:

1) Stealth. I’ll be honest here, I didn’t know how to hit a thief in stealth when I first met one. The answer is, well, it’s simple. Autoattack (that is, if you’re not using target only abilities). But they don’t know that. They don’t like being able to get hit without being able to reliably hit back. It depowers them and makes them feel helpless. Honestly, I just spam autoattack everywhere when a thief goes stealth. It works pretty well and half the times they land a backstab on my front.

2) Escape. Eles might be the best for this, but thieves are still one of the best at getting out of sticky situations. People don’t like it when someone loses and successfully robs them of a kill. Going GC is usually high risk high reward, whereas the thief is one of the best glass cannons (instakill combo against squishy unaware opponents, for instance) yet still retains one of the best escape abilities of any class

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Auesis.7301

I could only imagine the frustration if Thieves went retro and had more Shadowsteps and access to Flashing Blades or Shadow Form instead of stealth…oh god, the QQ would be IMMENSE. Also, delicious.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: Yams.6082

Yams.6082

I can QQ too. Personally I want to see confusion nerfed to 1/2 damage in wvw just like in sPvP. Can we also nerf ele regen and put a big ole 30-sec CD on RTL? And since nobody likes stealth stomps, interaction with a downed player (i.e. stomping) should automatically cancel stability, endure pain, distortion and mist form as well. Also remove the Norn’s Snow Leopard elite – it’s not fair that a warrior can stealth using that skill.

Yams One/Two/Three/Four/Five/Six
SBI

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

the only thing I dislike about thieves (I have an 80 thief myself) is when you’re playing in spvp having a fun fight and someone obviously new to the game just mashes 2 and heartseeker spams you. I dont have many problems with thieves generally but it annoys the hell out of me that someone obviously lacking in skill can still be very effective. (I mean I literally dont see auto attacks sometimes) I admit to doubling the odd heart seeker here and there but burning through your whole initiative with 1 skill? really? rant over.

p.s. thieves are hard to play against for new comers, when a thief kills them tjey think theyre OP. there will always be QQ. like I proved by ranting myself. I just hope a-net doesnt further nerf u too much as a result.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Stealth is a crutch and it’s also the mechanic that always holds thieves back from getting proper changes. It should be a mechanic to help open or escape not one of perpetual existence (as long as you have the initiative for it).

Conversely I shouldn’t be able to accidentally kill a thief by aoe’ing, but that’s also related to stealth and how much burst can be pulled off from it.

Fix stealth and you fix thieves.

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Auesis.7301

As long as an entire trait tree relates to the usage of stealth as a tool for staying power, stealth will remain a Thief mechanic.

If stealth were downplayed, then Shadow Arts would need a TOTAL rework to remain relevant. At the same time, other aspects would need to be seriously buffed for staying power, but on different grounds (being slippery instead of invisible). It would take a LOT of work, but if executed right, I would welcome it. Sadly, I don’t think it would be executed right. It would just be a total blanket nerf with horrendous compensation, and Thieves would be left face-down in the dirt while other professions can do what they do, only better. Such is the life of the rogue/assassin archetype in MMOs.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

As long as an entire trait tree relates to the usage of stealth as a tool for staying power, stealth will remain a Thief mechanic.

If stealth were downplayed, then Shadow Arts would need a TOTAL rework to remain relevant. At the same time, other aspects would need to be seriously buffed for staying power, but on different grounds (being slippery instead of invisible). It would take a LOT of work, but if executed right, I would welcome it. Sadly, I don’t think it would be executed right. It would just be a total blanket nerf with horrendous compensation, and Thieves would be left face-down in the dirt while other professions can do what they do, only better. Such is the life of the rogue/assassin archetype in MMOs.

They already are face down in the dirt and the mechanic holding them back is stealth.

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Auesis.7301

They already are face down in the dirt and the mechanic holding them back is stealth.

Perhaps I should re-phrase that – further face-down in the dirt.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Jinks.2057

Lots of ppl just hate stealth and refuse to learn it in any game.

Anet made the class…not us players. Remember that when crying foul because you dont want to learn about the class.

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: avilo.1942

avilo.1942

Exactly. Noobs will not be happy until stealth/thief class entirely is removed from the game. And with the way anet’s been patching lately, it seems they are giving into the whiners and destroying a few classes in the process.

Thief class is very unique, just because some guy with 30 apm is complaining who can’t even micro his microsoft powerpoint presentation…doesn’t mean the thief class needs a nerf.

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Stealth is a crutch and it’s also the mechanic that always holds thieves back from getting proper changes. It should be a mechanic to help open or escape not one of perpetual existence (as long as you have the initiative for it).

Conversely I shouldn’t be able to accidentally kill a thief by aoe’ing, but that’s also related to stealth and how much burst can be pulled off from it.

Fix stealth and you fix thieves.

Perfectly said.

Thief class is very unique, just because some guy with 30 apm is complaining who can’t even micro his microsoft powerpoint presentation…doesn’t mean the thief class needs a nerf.

At face value, this is absolutely correct. But you can substitute thief for any class. Digging deeper, it’s not a valid argument, because in a sense you’re saying a disproportionate number of bad players picked all the other classes, while an equally disproportionate number of good players picked thief. While this technically could happen, it’s highly improbable.

I’m not trying to say anything about the relative strength of the classes at the moment. I’m just trying to reinforce that the argument that basically boils down to “everyone else needs to l2p” is one you really need to check if you want to do an honest evaluation.

(edited by Mister Mustard.7203)

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

So, what, this is a thread about a thread about a topic that has been done to death, but you thought you’d make another thread anyway?

I don’t get your point. People complain about EVERYTHING. Welcome to the internet.

And it begins anew....

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

No, the reason they’re complaining is because, like A-net said in the SoTG, thief is more effective in PvP considering equal skill if said skill level is low. That is, thieves kill noobs more effectively than other classes.

Warriors (lol i know) Eles and Mesmers can also easily obliterate bad/new players.

But yeah i’m kind of getting use to this whining fest on the Thieves forum, I just ignore most of it and hope devs do the same…