Anet. To Lessen Thief Complaints

in Thief

Posted by: Niko Stark.8932

Niko Stark.8932

Thieves in this game are sadly very low risk very high reward.

Every other class in the game, if you miss your skill rotations or simply don’t land some, you pretty much don’t recover.

But that’s why I solo roam with a Guardian, so I don’t have to deal with all of that.

Wait…so you solo roam on Guardian and call thieves Low Risk High:Very High Reward?!

Have you been paying any mind to the current balance in place? I mean, Mesmers can do a much higher and much more efficient job at doing a burst DPS now. Not to mention they have better combat mechanics in case you don’t die from the initial spike. Blind per shatter, boon rip per shatter, daze/stun (even if they are stunlocked), stealth, reflect damage, invulnerability, strong ranged pressure, strong melee range pressure. Then you have guardians that can simply rotate blind/block and spam burn I suppose. Warriors have their stances, rampage, and CC. Thieves have the most number of counters right now in-game. I kid you not, every class can counter the thief. The thief specialty has been overshadowed by other classes as well except for mobility where warriors come in at a close 2nd.

I play all classes and have 18 Lv80s atm. Based on that statement alone I can pretty much tell that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

in Thief

Posted by: Niko Stark.8932

Niko Stark.8932

If you’re having issues killing thieves at this point in the game, you are probably facing a much more skilled player, running a poorly-synergized build, and/or need a lot more training in pvp. There really shouldn’t be any reason for you to have any problems countering thieves as they are now.

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Meanwhile at Anet:“How we make Revenant the new thief so we can delete it? hmm SHIRO!!!!”

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

This is the class where people either stick with it for the long haul or give it up quick for any of the other classes, all of whom are far more forgiving.

Agreed but this game is also heavily alt based.

Can’t imagine there’s many out there who don’t have an alt to switch too. I’d class myself as a casual and as such I tend to run two duo mains in any MMO. I don’t have the timesink to have 12 80’s like many but more importantly given my past experiences in other MMORPG’s it’s an expectation that there will be times where classes akin to the Thief get massively nerfed.

It’s an inevitability and I always have that second main as a back-up while crap like this is going on.

My Guardian is loving life atm.

Imo, everyone should multi class. Not like spend same amount time on every single class but to play each once in a while to understand what makes other professions tick and what kills them.

People always think other classes are faceroll if they never played them.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: jgak.3056

jgak.3056

Those facts xD, none of them are facts

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

You want to nerf thieves because people less competent than you are losing to them.

Okay. Have fun with that.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Thief

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

Actually I was running in WvW and a thief backstabbed my ranger for 14.5k damage, insane damage, didn’t know he was there, no chance to do anything about it.

yeah insane, a backstab for 14,5k meaning he is full zerk signet thief, meaning he used every single skill he had, meaning he is kittened if he doesn’t kill you
14,5k damage, that is what a ranger can dish out by pressing LB 2 at a1500 range
but yeah backstab is op xD
my god…

in Thief

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

You want to nerf backstab?

Lol, that’s seriously the only thing still keeping the thief relevant.

Sword/pistol got nerfed

Riccochet was removed

The acrobatics traitline was butchered. No extra dodges 4 u.

Pretty much the only playstyle left is d/p backstab.