@Anet, can we fix this please?

in Thief

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

*first off, this is a PvP issue

Can we make it to where d/p 3 doesn’t hit ads in PvP, or at least make it an option in the settings menu? I think you guys are really overestimating how much I want to kill those shambling horrors and gyros.

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Thief

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I second this! Though gyros can rez or stomp without the scrapper actively doing so himself so I deliberately target those sometimes. The problem is they’re too tanky but yeah, necro summoned creeps aren’t usually worth deliberately targeting.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Bulwark Gyros and Horrors are just a problem in general (passive, easy damage reduction for whole team, lengthens fights), but I haven’t really thought about this.

I always just try to get a clear LoS to my target before using SS. But I wouldn’t mind something to help with this.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

By pressing CTRL+T locks and pings your target. You can then press TAB to switch to other targets, then you can simply press T to switch back to the locked target.

This doesn’t work for you?

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

alchemyst.2165

By pressing CTRL+T locks and pings your target. You can then press TAB to switch to other targets, then you can simply press T to switch back to the locked target.

He’s saying that when there is AI in front of your target, the AI blocks the way to the target and you port to the AI instead. Basically body tanking for them.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

He’s saying that when there is AI in front of your target, the AI blocks the way to the target and you port to the AI instead. Basically body tanking for them.

Then I don’t think that will change anytime soon since that combat mechanic is there by design. This is also the reason why positioning is very important. Having to ignore the minions as part of the collision detection diminishes the purpose of having minions in the first place.

I think the better solution is to make them less tanky so there’s an actual risk in having those AI minions around. (Note: I’m talking about minions and not pets, since the Ranger pet is part of the profession and should remain tanky)

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Then I don’t think that will change anytime soon since that combat mechanic is there by design. This is also the reason why positioning is very important. Having to ignore the minions as part of the collision detection diminishes the purpose of having minions in the first place.

I think the better solution is to make them less tanky so there’s an actual risk in having those AI minions around. (Note: I’m talking about minions and not pets, since the Ranger pet is part of the profession and should remain tanky)

But the problem is they made them more tanky to prevent them from being useless in the first place. Honestly this isnt too much of a problem, if you play DP for a while overtime youll get used to avoiding the body blocks. If the minion is the type that is low to the ground but somehow still blocks your path, jump while pressing 3

Body blocking is kind of a good thing, adds a level of skill to combat

in Thief

alchemyst.2165

Yeah. So to the OP there isn’t really anything to be “fixed” because this is a game mechanic working as intended. But just make sure you have clear LoS to the target.

in Thief

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

It’s designed this way, that’s why there are traits that allow piercing through targets. Mesmers use their clones all the time to avoid damage, rangers use their pets, as well as MM.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Working as intended. LoS is just as important to some other classes and builds for viable defense as it is to us for avoiding damage. Don’t have a clear shot? Don’t use Shadow Shot. I prefer it this way as it discourages spamming it as often as people do.

The only LoS tweak I could suggest for the thief is to have backstab not get LoS’ed if in range if your target – note, this would only apply if you have the person targeted. In the case of fighting a necro, mesmer, or ranger, you shouldn’t get punished by an unpredictable AI running in between you and them while in the middle of an animation to a single-target skill, considering you got the positioning from an innate disadvantage, anyways.

Shadow shot, though? Nah. It’s already way overtuned.

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

You can stow Shadowshot just as the bullet hits any NPC or destructable object.
This won’t reveal you and only put a blind on whatever you hit.

Time to work on your reactions and your ability to predict enemy movement, lads!

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

But the problem is they made them more tanky to prevent them from being useless in the first place. Honestly this isnt too much of a problem, if you play DP for a while overtime youll get used to avoiding the body blocks. If the minion is the type that is low to the ground but somehow still blocks your path, jump while pressing 3

Body blocking is kind of a good thing, adds a level of skill to combat

Some minions are just too tanky and given their number, they shouldn’t be.